PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden and Dowling Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works both ways...

Sometimes you get a steal. Sometimes you don't.

i agree it does cut both ways. Until Dowling fails, I am of the mindset that I like BB's strategy to take otherwise highly regarded players who didn't play a lot in their last year of college who drop precipitously down the chart on draft day.

I'm still not sure why they cut that UNC receiver that you refer to - I thought he would have been good. Never seen anyone else on this team return kickoffs like that. It's not criminal to suggest that Tate could, emphasis on could, end up being better than ocho this year. At least Tate can return kicks while he's not catching balls.......

I also know Gronkowski may be the best red zone TE in football. BB also got Cassell on this premise So I'll take 2 out of 4 anyday!!!

Last edited:
Ah yes, Larry Fitzgerald that well known short, quick slot receiver....comparing coverage on Fitzgerald to covering Welker is nonsense, an example of the differences is Cromartie could cover Moss but he can't cover Welker.

Why? Welker is too quick & shifty for taller CB's to cover.

Again go look at the highlights of DVD his skills seem more suited to playing the slot reciever than playing outside. DVD 6'1 185 DeMarcus Van Dyke 2011 NFL Combine - YouTube (watch how easy he changes direction)

Cromartie such a poor example. First Cromartie has one of the worst technique you will see from any Cb. He gets by on pure athletic ability and the only pass he covers well is that deep pass . Cromartie can't cover guys like welker.

Also Cb Joey Porter 5'10 210 another 4.28 cb did a find job in the slot against the jets. IF its not dvd it will be Porter.

Show me where Mike Mitchell was ruled out saturday for the games. Only players ruled out is CHris Johnson , Louis Murphy and Probably Marcel Reece.

NFL Injuries - CBSSports.com

Now run along little child..

Here is the tweet from VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
@ @Steve_Key no, Raiders not saying which hurt players are out until 12:30 Sunday
(so obviously they didn't rule out Mike Mitchell yet)

M Huff who Raiders players were supprised he was listed as non partisipating in Thursday practice. (what does that tell you that players said he was out there. Again we will see if M Huff out there when raiders announce today at 12:30 wose out(not saturday) Don't be supprised he is.

Huff was listed as NOT Participating on Friday either.. Again, get your facts straight..

Again you watch DVD even when he struggled in the preseason his coverage has been tight on the WR(Larry Fitzgerald) he was all over him but he has had trouble locating the football when he turn around. Hes on Welker he will be over him 6'1 and will have safety help.

Height doesn't matter when playing against a QUICKER opponent. Neither does speed. That is what you seem to have a problem understanding.

Just like your reading comprehension is horrible. You proved that, not only responding to my posts, but responding to others as well because you insist on making half-assed assumptions.

Again go look at the highlights of DVD his skills seem more suited to playing the slot reciever than playing outside. DVD 6'1 185 DeMarcus Van Dyke 2011 NFL Combine - YouTube (watch how easy he changes direction)

Cromartie such a poor example. First Cromartie has one of the worst technique you will see from any Cb. He gets by on pure athletic ability and the only pass he covers well is that deep pass . Cromartie can't cover guys like welker.

Also Cb Joey Porter 5'10 210 another 4.28 cb did a find job in the slot against the jets. IF its not dvd it will be Porter.

Speed doesn't matter as much against slot receivers as quickness does.

Porter only ran a 4.33, 40. Not a 4.28.. the 4.23 was in the 20 yard shuttle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back