PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that the Colts may give John Lynch a look with Sanders out for a while?

Re: Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks.

I posted this in the visitors locker room where I thought we were supposed to for news on other teams.:confused:Hope he is back for the MNF game in TN.

Anyway as a Colts fan I am not suprised. He left in the 4th. High ankle sprain. We get to many injuries it never suprises me anymore, especially with Sanders. Show must go on.:D

Giordano I guess may start in his place like he usually does but Bullitt looked good filling in for him.Not sure yet.

Don't be complaining about how many injuries you have hear. You still have Manning.

Gotta love the way Sanders plays the game...and gotta wonder how long he can keep playing it. If he misses 6 weeks, that's 31 games missed in a 5-year career! For perspective, even Ben Watson has only missed 25 games in that same span, including 15 his rookie year.

In other news... water is wet. :eek:

The stars definitely seem to aligning for the Steelers and Chargers.

Steelers, I'll grant you...but an 0-2 start and Merriman out for the season doesn't look like the stars twinkling down on San Diego.

The AFC is wide open for teams to start hot and put a strangle hold on their respective divisions.
Jax & the Colts have opened the door, unfortunately, the Titans don't have enough scoring prowess to seize control. The AFC South could look like the NFC West, with th winner coming in @ 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

AFC North: Steelers can benefit from Brown's injuries and the Ravens working on the future @ qb. Maybe the Ravens can be the Steelers of 2005?

AFC East: Only the Bills can take advantage of the loss of Brady. The other teams seem hopeless.

AFC West: Chargers were crowned before they played a down in 2008, but now the Broncos can try to cement a nice lead if SD continues it's pouting, 'whoa is me' ways.
In the Chargers favor, they would have to lose all their 'maybe' games to miss the playoffs.

I guess this means the Colts D will be getting run over.

Bob Sanders comes close to making Moises Alou look durable.

I don't know if the stars are aligned for the Chargers. Yes, they could easily be 2-0 right now, but they seem to have absolutely no defense with no ability to pressure the opposing QBs. Merriman is out, Jammer is injured, so is LT, Gates dislocated toe is an injury that can reappear. The loss on Sunday is the type of loss that can totally destroy the psyche of a team and the Chargers are a team that seems pretty immature.

I think this is bigger for the Steelers, Titans, Denver, and the Bills. I think this is a year where a dark horse could come out of the AFC and go to the Super Bowl. It is good for the Pats since there is no dominant team in the AFC as of yet. Every team looks beatable.

Does anyone think that the Colts may give John Lynch a look with Sanders out for a while?

Doubtful. The Tampa 2 is all about small, fast defenders. Fast is the last word I would use to describe Lynch at this point. He knows the system which is a huge plus, but he is probably more suited for a read and react defense at this point in the game.

Steelers, I'll grant you...but an 0-2 start and Merriman out for the season doesn't look like the stars twinkling down on San Diego.

And the stars seemed fairly aligned for the Steelers early on last year. Throw in Rothel-something's shoulder issue (although announced yesterday it was not separated), and the waters ahead may get a little choppy.

As for the Chargers, I will question how far any team can go with Norv Turner at the helm. I look at him as the equivalent of the vulture hovering over the carcass in the road, with the carcass being his team. Throw in a few injuries and bad things will happen. Great coordinator, lousy head coach. But the General Manager likes him, so it's all good.

Last edited:

I suspect given how badly Lynch was victimized in the secondary while in Denver by Indy he would not be high on the list. But who knows - as a hard hitting, run stuffer and given Indy's light, fast defense designed to get to the ball fast (or give up serious yards), he might be a fit (or at least a patch). I don't know how much Dungy's history with him in Tampa Bay would play into that decision now that Lynch is slower.

Last edited:
The 0-2 Chargers?

Ok.

Everyone seems to forget that the Chargers were 1-3 last year and made a run. Maybe I shouldn't have included them in there with the Steelers, but talent-wise, they're one of the best teams in the AFC.

Everyone seems to forget that the Chargers were 1-3 last year and made a run. Maybe I shouldn't have included them in there with the Steelers, but talent-wise, they're one of the best teams in the AFC.

It also helps that they have a pretty cake schedule the next two months (with the exception of the Pats of course)

Anything is possible, but typically it is hard to impossible to rebound to starts like this. Doing it twice in two years would defy staggering odds. The odds of an 0-2 making the playoffs is so small to begin with. Maybe they will finish strong again. Who knows? Right now I wouldn't bet on it though.

With no Merriman and a fragile LT they have slipped a little, ya know?

Starting 0-2, no matter what the ref's did, sucks and has an affect on the team.

I'm not saying they are not a force, they are. They are just not the same team that was predicted to win it all 4 weeks ago.

Anything is possible, but typically it is hard to impossible to rebound to starts like this. Doing it twice in two years would defy staggering odds. The odds of an 0-2 making the playoffs is so small to begin with. Maybe they will finish strong again. Who knows? Right now I wouldn't bet on it though.

I know what you're saying but it always bothers me when people just say, well 0-2 teams have this percentage of making the playoffs, and taking it as gospel. It's not nearly that simple. Most 0-2 teams stink. That's why they are 0-2. The Chargers have players. Their schedule isn't unreasonable, and neither is this conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News