PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks.

That sucks. I can't imagine losing such an important part of our team!

Just kidding. I hope he has a speedy recovery, he's a great player.

He is a great player...I'd trade any but 2 or 3 of our guys on defense to get him. I am just disappointed his injury is 4-6wks - just in the nick of time to come back against the Pats!

To their credit, the Colts will do as they always have done the past few years when a key player goes down; circle the wagons and find ways to win games. Their division is still a cakewalk, the Texans stink, the Jags cannot get out of their own way and the Titans are all hat, no cattle.

That said, looks like the Stoolers and the Donkos, the two AFC teams I hate the most, are the early leaders in the clubhouse.

Great player, shame he can't stay healthy.

It sucks because Bob is a warrior, he plays the same way all the time and even at practice. There is no "half speed" in his vocabulary, and that combined with his incredible hitting strength, and his exceptional ability to read the offense is what made him the reigning DPOY

That said, Bob said he's not slowing down, he only knows one way to play. But something has to change if he wants to avoid these nagging type of injuries during the season. These bonecrushing hits are taking too much toll on his body over the long run

Just in time for a beat up but hungry Jags team traveling to Lucas Oil needing a win to stay within earshot of the leaders and get thier first victory of the season.

They might have Needed Sanders to stop Taylor and Jones-Drew when they plow through the initial front 7

Can you say Indy 0-2 in their new stadium?

Last edited:
I don't see how the jags will be able to run against the colts even without Sanders. Something like 4 of their offensive linemen are injured?

Just in time for a beat up but hungry Jags team traveling to Lucas Oil needing a win to stay within earshot of the leaders and get thier first victory of the season.

They might have Needed Sanders to stop Taylor and Jones-Drew when they plow through the initial front 7

Can you say Indy 0-2 in their new stadium?

Even without Bob Sanders, Jacksonville is missing three of their starting offensive lineman last I checked and Garrard is still going to get blown up in the backfield. Indy is going to win this game. It won't be easy, but they'll win it.

Now that we know Sanders' injury is a high ankle sprain and not a significant or career threatening type of injury......

Here's to a slow healing process with a minor setback or two, so that his return isn't until November 30th or later.

I Think robo79 hit the nail on the head,he flies around and hits like a ton,doesn't have the body mass to do that without hurting himself.I think the Colts are still dangerous without him,though.

Great player, shame he can't stay healthy.

Great Player, but agreed WAY to injury prone. No way I would want him here, he's a liability.

Give me Ed Reed over Bob Sanders any day and twice on Sunday.

Only ray of sunshine is we have another Pro Bowl safety, Antoine Bethea, on the other side of Sanders, hopefully he steps up big

Hey all you BC Eagles fans. Could this mean that Jamie Silva gets a shot at Safety. Last I knew, he was on the Colts PS. He was the final cut and played very well in the pre-season.

Next 4-6 weeks for the Colts...

vs Jaguars (Fred Taylor / MJD)
Bye
@ Texans (Ahman Green)
vs Ravens (Willis McGahee)
@ Packers (Ryan Grant)
@ Titans (Chris Johnson)

4 games with very good RB's...

I see 2-3 / 3-2

I hope he recovers quickly he is one of the best in the game. Bad luck for the Colts

Great Player, but agreed WAY to injury prone. No way I would want him here, he's a liability.

Give me Ed Reed over Bob Sanders any day and twice on Sunday.

i agree. ed reed is the best S in the nfl and Palamalu (sp?) is second. sanders is a good player but his reckless style leads to him getting hurt every year and he also has problems in coverage.

Tough break. After Manning I'd probably say he's the MVP of that team. Their run defense was already putrid, I can't imagine how bad it will be now for them. But they'll find a way to win I'm sure.

Snader changes the Colts D dramatically with his speed and athleticism. This will kill their D (not that the run D wasn't already crappy this year).

I'm surprised he hasn't sprained his neck with the way he leads with his helmet.

The 5 teams they play during the next 6 weeks better take advantage of this.

Anything better than 2-3 and I'll be disappointed.

Manning is getting hit and hit hard due to their O line problems.

He probably won't last the season, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back