PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts gave up 183 and 180 on the ground respecttively WITH Bob. Bullitt will come in and take his place. We may still give up 150 per game, but with Saturday and Clark most likely coming back, I like the offenses chance of getting untracked. In a way, I think the early season struggles will be beneficial to building the chemistry of the team. Perhaps sailing through undefeated in Sept and Oct is not such a good thing in the long run.

Colts gave up 183 and 180 on the ground respecttively WITH Bob. Bullitt will come in and take his place. We may still give up 150 per game, but with Saturday and Clark most likely coming back, I like the offenses chance of getting untracked. In a way, I think the early season struggles will be beneficial to building the chemistry of the team. Perhaps sailing through undefeated in Sept and Oct is not such a good thing in the long run.

Except how good will Saturday be when he gets back. He is coming back early because of the o-line problems (if he is really even coming back soon because the Colts are notorious for giving impressions players are close to coming back and not playing them for weeks or months). Typically an MCL sprain takes longer to come back and they usually struggle initially.

Also, how long will Ugoh be out. His loss weakens two positions since his replacement was a starter on the other part of the line.

The o-line may improve with Saturday coming back, but I wouldn't expect miracles. Also, I would be worried about the Colts running game if I was a fan. The Colts have been unable to run the ball since last November 4th. That problem has been an issue long before the line problems.

I still don't know if the Colts have the offense to make up for the defense if it is as bad as it was in 2006. The Colts in 2006 had an elite offense that could score quickly consistently. I don't know if that is the case with this offense especially if teams don't have to fear the Colts' running game.

If the Colts have an offense on par to what they had last year, they cannot win many games if they are giving up 150 plus on the ground. Last year's Colt offense was still very good overall, but it clearly wasn't the elite offense that it was in previous years.

Anything is possible, but typically it is hard to impossible to rebound to starts like this. Doing it twice in two years would defy staggering odds. The odds of an 0-2 making the playoffs is so small to begin with. Maybe they will finish strong again. Who knows? Right now I wouldn't bet on it though.

The 2001 Patriots say hi.

Presumably Sanders will be back for the Pats game - that's seven weeks out.
The line should be gellin' by then as well.

Except how good will Saturday be when he gets back. He is coming back early because of the o-line problems (if he is really even coming back soon because the Colts are notorious for giving impressions players are close to coming back and not playing them for weeks or months). Typically an MCL sprain takes longer to come back and they usually struggle initially.

Also, how long will Ugoh be out. His loss weakens two positions since his replacement was a starter on the other part of the line.

The o-line may improve with Saturday coming back, but I wouldn't expect miracles. Also, I would be worried about the Colts running game if I was a fan. The Colts have been unable to run the ball since last November 4th. That problem has been an issue long before the line problems.

I still don't know if the Colts have the offense to make up for the defense if it is as bad as it was in 2006. The Colts in 2006 had an elite offense that could score quickly consistently. I don't know if that is the case with this offense especially if teams don't have to fear the Colts' running game.

If the Colts have an offense on par to what they had last year, they cannot win many games if they are giving up 150 plus on the ground. Last year's Colt offense was still very good overall, but it clearly wasn't the elite offense that it was in previous years.
Not expecting miracles, but I do think PM and the receivers are coming along. If Jeff isn't ready, then I don't think he plays. If he plays, he is ready. it will be roughly 26 days since Saturday sustained his injury. Clark went out a couple seasons ago mid season with an MCL, and returned much more quickly than anticipated. Who is to say how long his specific should take to heal? WTF do we know about it?

"Bob Sanders is out 4 to 6 weeks"....
What else is new? The guy has already missed a number of games due to various injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft