PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft on Howard Stern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing you won't have to listen to the interview and ruin your misconceptions, huh?

No kidding. "well, I've only listened for 2 minutes one time but I have read a lot of bad things"

If I were a fiction writer, and I made up a story about how the guy that founded NASDAQ went on to put together a $50 billion ponzi scheme, would my premise be believable?

Yes, well, what if I named the protagonist, Madoff, pronounced, "Made-off"? Would you say the name was too obvious?

He was meeting with Mel Karmazen who runs Sirius and they were touring the offices and Stern asked him to come on the air. I am assuming as a member of the broadcasting committee for the NFL, Kraft was at Sirius for something to do with Sirius NFL Radio.
Thank you very much for pointing that out, I hadn't considered that. Between Kraft's involvement with the NFL broadcast committe, the NFL's $220 million contract with Sirius, and Stern being the poster child of Sirius' advertising, then Kraft appearing on Stern's show makes a lot of business sense.

That is your opinion; I have personally heard very candid interviews with celebrities and others that opened my eyes to them. I have certainly purchased products that were brought to my attention by the show. Just because you don't like the show, don't generalize about it's influence or it's impact.
Appreciate your putting words in my mouth, making assumptions, and jumping to conclusions.

I was not speaking about my personal opinion of the show. My comment was in regards to how I believe a sizeable portion of the population feel about Stern and the show; do you disagree that there are many that feel that way? I was looking at this as a business decision; not about personal preferences in comedy and entertainment.

This has nothing to do with the influence or impact of the show. And in case you're wondering, I've been watching and listening to Stern for twenty years. I'm not offended, and applaud him for long ago pushing the envelope. My biggest problem with Stern is that he reuses what are essentially the same gags over and over.

I was simply looking at this from the viewpoint of whether or not this was a smart business decision. Considering the link between the NFL and Sirius, I would say that yes, it was. Remove the business partnership between Sirius and the NFL, and I have my doubts.

Again, I would ask you: if you were the Public Relations director of a Fortune 500 company, would you advise your CEO to go on Stern's show?

Again, I would ask you: if you were the Public Relations director of a Fortune 500 company, would you advise your CEO to go on Stern's show?

Depends on the company, depends on the primary vertical, depends on targeted markets, depends on a lot of things. If I'm selling Jesus bumper stickers, no. If I'm selling cars or cell phones, yeah. The thing you're not seeing from the business standpoint is the size of Stern's market. Additionally, if you are going to do well with Stern on air, you need to be somewhat self-depricating and have a good sense of humor. You get on the air, yuk it up, laugh at yourself, promote your product, deliver some insight and walk away laughing. That kind of exposure can do wonders for the public perception of a company.

Hoo hoo, I invented football Robin!

No, you're not. I cannot stand Howard Stern and do not know how anyone listens, much less appears to be a guest, usually to be treated like dog !@#$!. I'm surprised either the Krafts or BB are fans.

Give him some credit. His show (not him specifically) used to be hilarious ten years ago. I actually remember my dad letting me listen to it as I rode into school with him, lol. But it went downhill quickly the moment he moved to Sirius. He pretty much completely sold out and his show is a wattered down version of what it used to be, coming from someone who was a former fan.

The Lex and Terry show is much more entertaining anyway.

Krafts quotes on Brady are in the Boston globe. He says "Brady is our guy".

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm a Stern defender, but in my humble opinion, if you're not a Stern fan you don't like potty humor, are too old, may be a prude, and probably haven't listened to him enough to form a solid opinion. I've heard fantastic interviews, the likes of which Barbara Walters would never be able to duplicate. But again, my humble opinion.

Good thing Robert Kraft is making his PR appearance decisions and not any of you! ;)

If I were a fiction writer, and I made up a story about how the guy that founded NASDAQ went on to put together a $50 billion ponzi scheme, would my premise be believable?

Yes, well, what if I named the protagonist, Madoff, pronounced, "Made-off"? Would you say the name was too obvious?

It's funny.

He gets caught, while top dogs are virtually invisible.

Madoff on the top tier of life, is actually a bottom feeder.

You want to know about ponzi schemes... just look at the social security setup and the Federal Reserve.

The Fed Reserve is as federal as FredEx Mitchell.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm a Stern defender, but in my humble opinion, if you're not a Stern fan you don't like potty humor, are too old, may be a prude, and probably haven't listened to him enough to form a solid opinion. I've heard fantastic interviews, the likes of which Barbara Walters would never be able to duplicate. But again, my humble opinion.

Good thing Robert Kraft is making his PR appearance decisions and not any of you! ;)

I am none of those except for a hater of potty humor (particularly potty humor ad nauseum). A few good interviews in between all the other tasteless stuff doesn't do it for me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Kraft is a big boy and can do what he wants. Just glad he didn't get skewered.

Howard's dad called to tell him he likes Kraft so much he's rooting for the Pats now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft