PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Cryin: Manning is the better QB (from 1/31/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bob Cryin: Manning is the better QB

Best post of the thread. Welcome, we need more rational thinkers here nowadays to combat all the increasingly wishy washy frontrunner fans and mediots.

Since you called me a frontrunner before, I sure hope you're not talking about me now. I froze my ass off on frozen bleachers during 1-15 seasons. If I could I would go back and sew a condom on Archie Manning to prevent his demon seed from damning the NFL. Just because I might think Manning is a better QB down 3 TDs in any random game does not mean I would take him over TFB, nor does it make me a frontrunner.

Not that it really matters.

married 10 years and not even a near miss for Mrs. Manling....yet happily married? I wonder how THAT could be? Could the seemingly virile Indy colt QB actually be a GELDING??

child_free_turn_on_poster-p228011829695986781td87_210.jpg

Perhaps she is a
woman-beard.jpg
married 10 years and not even a near miss for Mrs. Manling....yet happily married? I wonder how THAT could be? Could the seemingly virile Indy colt QB actually be a GELDING??

child_free_turn_on_poster-p228011829695986781td87_210.jpg

Since you called me a frontrunner before, I sure hope you're not talking about me now. I froze my ass off on frozen bleachers during 1-15 seasons. If I could I would go back and sew a condom on Archie Manning to prevent his demon seed from damning the NFL. Just because I might think Manning is a better QB down 3 TDs in any random game does not mean I would take him over TFB, nor does it make me a frontrunner.

Not that it really matters.

Aside from said condom being rendered useless by the needle holes I'm with ya. I'm more of a sledge hammer type of guy myself. To hell with the whole clan. Sayton is a pretty good QB though, as much it pains me to say it. Who is better? Who cares, they each have a few more years (minimum, and barring any freak injuries) left to duel it out for number 1 all time.

It's a perception issue and I've stated my perception. Doesn't mean it's right. I'm sure it has something to do with watching Manning lead two awful comebacks against the Pats.

Indeed. I'm with you on what Manning did this year. It was amazing. Kind of hard for people to put things in another perspective when it just happened.

Best post of the thread. Welcome, we need more rational thinkers here nowadays to combat all the increasingly wishy washy frontrunner fans and mediots.

The NFL is beginning to make the WWE look spontaneous and unscripted. Face guarding, depositions before Super Bowls, and bogus PI calls and ball spots are unreal.

Could the seemingly virile Indy colt QB actually be a GELDING??

Isn't that one of those creatures from The Dark Crystal? :confused:

Isn't that one of those creatures from The Dark Crystal? :confused:

Haha, those were Gelflings, but damn nice obscure reference.

Haha, those were Gelflings, but damn nice obscure reference.

don't forget those big ugly things that look like randy johnson (aka: skeksis)

edit: not trying to derail unless this goes back to fantasy football stats.

Last edited:

Morale of the story: You're not allowed to suggest Peyton Manning just may be a better QB than Tom Brady. Or else you are a traitor

remember clearly
that on the seventh of february
that a choke named manning
lost it all
foolishly called the best
manning had to impress
but ultimately failed against the 26th ranked pass defense
driving down the field, a super bowl was on the line
surely he could do it, now was his time
it was time to drive, a touchdown was in order
but a choke is as a choke does, so along came porter
run porter, run porter, put the game away
as manning turned his head, all he saw was the same
another choke, another failure
dear god take me now, or at least try to save me
why couldn't you have made me
as good as god brady?

2ujl6wg.jpg

Morale of the story: You're not allowed to suggest Peyton Manning just may be a better QB than Tom Brady. Or else you are a traitor
Nope, just wrong.

Were this virtually any other media person, I'd agree with you. Objectively, it's an open, decades old and fully legitimate question: what is the measure of superiority, stats or rings, marino or montana, manning or brady?

BUT, in this case, I "consider the source."

Bob Ryan is a mediocre to good local scribe who has decided to build a national reputation by sucking up to ESPN every chance he gets; the best way for him to get his five minutes of airtime every now and then that is to bash their hated Pats or diminish their HC or QB at every turn, under the cover of being a "Bahston" writer whose musings therefore warrant extra credence.

So, I support those who dismiss Ryan's ramblings as the work of a cynical narcissist who is just trying to feather his own nest. I have no time for him and, with Reiss gone, I regard Ryan as one of the main reasons that my clicks on the Globe's webpage are rapidly diminishing week by week.

Bob Ryan doesn't seem to have a long term memory. I guess those SB's we won weren't as impressive as the memories fade into the back of ole' Bobby's mind.

8 games a year in a perfect environment dome to get a jump on other teams that play in the elements as the season progresses...maximizing this slanted advantage to ensure home field advantage in the playoffs year after year..and then claiming that the recipient of this outrageous generosity is superior to someone with FAR BETTER RESULTS over the long haul is gaggy, little girl, nah nah nah nee nah nah, twerpy homer fan crap.

LOOK at what the moonheaded goober has DONE with the pressure on, OUTDOORS, in the same elements Brady plays in...extrapolate THOSE stats over eight games instead of the perfect conditions and timid refereeing he enjoys EIGHT games a season in that "dome", that damned unnatural abomination and insult to the integrity of the game of football. Then tell me HOW he puts all these "stat proofs!!!!!@" up to buttress these insane arguments...he's a damn CHOKE...an arrogant, crying, blame everyone else when he loses jerk with unfair assistance on a league level buttressing his "stardom".

New Orleans beat his brains in, outside..in NATURAL conditions. He wouldn't even have EVER gotten there if he had to play his home games in anything but stellar conditions.Chop off 2 to 4 "wins" a year from that ridiculous "record" the Geldings have accrued, and NOW how does he rank? Take the attendant passing yardage he's "put up" in these custom crafted conditions, with the luxury of an O line that can hold at will and place him OUTSIDE, where his stats can be more fairly judged alongside Tom Brady's and THEN who extrapolates out better???

NO MORE!!! THIS was IT. He's 9-9 in the post season...with every ARTIFICE a Polian can craft unfairly year after year and he STILL is nothing but ORDINARY. Drew Brees wasn't a better QB that day...Drew Brees IS a better QB...so is Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Very well said, Joker. One of best posts on this board. With idiotic lean towards entertainment and more offense in the monopoly of NFL, this kind of crap is bound to happen. I don't watch NBA games anymore, as that league has gone sissy. I miss the detriot pistons bad boy days.

well..Brady played under rules that were in effect for FORTY YEARS...since the Willie Brown/Jack Tatum/Lester Hayes days...the only thing outlawed was stickum...then AFTER Peytie Pouter LOST time and again to defenses that knocked his receivers off their blocks, Polian, using his clout on the rules committee, changed the passing rules four straight years in a row until they are what they are TODAY....custom made for Peyton's game and designed and pushed through and implemented by Bill Polian.

Therefore, even though Peyton Manning is NOW the best QB in the NFL, it really doesn't mean anything to anybody who's been a fan for a long period of time....as ANYONE saw...he couldn't play under the rules that truly great QB's like Montana,Young,Aikman,Bradshaw or Brady...in fact, he couldn't even approximate a Trent Dilfer.

So bang the cow bell, Dolt fan and har-yuck and knee slap your way down to the Hog Heaven Jamboree singing Camptown Races - Doo Dah...finally, your Paid-To-Fix-The-Rules-ning is number 1

I love this thread:D

I love this thread:D

This thread is almost a year old. I hate this resurrection of old threads, ESPECIALLY when little value (aka 'I love this thread') is added.

I attempted to read the article, but was blocked by a sign-up link. I then realized it wasn't relevant because the thread is TEN MONTHS OLD.

Sigh. I hate when people resurrect old threads for no point.

Make a new thread and link to the old one if you must. I don't get why this thread was brought back from the dead.

-xmarkd400x

too bad, now we know who is a true NFL analyst and who isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back