PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOARD PERFORMANCE - Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
It's faster. I still think it's slower than the average webpage and slower than it used to be (before the problems). But it is better.

This is my experience too. It's faster, but it takes 10-15 seconds to load. bTW, I am on cable (as I suppose most are now). Also, it gets hung us occasionally.

Ian, once again, we appreciate your hard work. This is a great site.

The board still seems pretty slow compared to patriotsplanet. At PP, it takes about 2 seconds to load a page with a full number of posts, then longer as it fills in all the signatures and other graphics. At patsfans, it takes 13 seconds to load a page with a full number of posts, and I have all graphics turned off (which is a truly marvelous feature). 7 seconds to load the patsfans forum page. 1-2 seconds to load the patriotsplanet forum page.

So it still seems slow by comparison (though fast enough that I don't feel the desire to go to a different forum). Not sure what will happen in the hours before and after a game, when traffic is at its max. Right now, traffic (judged by # of new posts) seems light as people are still trickling back.

NEM said:
But, at patsfans.com you get REAL football talk, without the obsceneties and vulgarities. Isn't it worth waiting a few seconds longer for the class of ALL fan message boards on the internet?
No question about it. :)

Back to how it was on my first post, faster than the really slow time but definitely slower than average.

A slight bit slower than before, but workable. Thanks for all your hard work, Ian.

BelichickFan said:
It's faster. I still think it's slower than the average webpage and slower than it used to be (before the problems). But it is better.
Ditto that. Also, I still see broken links to some of the smilies icons here in the Reply To Thread page.

I noticed I had to repeatedly sign-in until I allowed cookies for 216.69.140.4 - I have my brower setup to block cookies except for the specific web-sites I allow.

Also the board has only about 50% of the viewers it used to have.

I've had alot of trouble accessing the new site, and when I am finally able to load the page, it runs really slow for me and I give up and sign off.

Obviously I keep trying to catch the board running at a faster speed because I really do like the people that are here. :)

It's still running slower than it used to, but faster than it has in a while. For me.

The board remains slow. It takes several seconds after you click on a link to have it come up. seems like its getting better then it gets real slow.

That last post took almost a miniute to post.

I didn't log on until this afternoon.

It seems to have been anywhere from a little slow to very slow.

Maybe I'm a little slow to very slow.

Nikki said:
I've had alot of trouble accessing the new site, and when I am finally able to load the page, it runs really slow for me and I give up and sign off.

Obviously I keep trying to catch the board running at a faster speed because I really do like the people that are here. :)

Thanks Nikki, I really do like me too.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm still going to go ahead and move it as they had tried to speed things up but it seemed to me as well to be inconsistant. This will finally be completed in the next couple of days as I took care of the technical glitches I was experiencing yesterday.

Ian

Nikki said:

Welcome back, Nikki, and thanks for the picture. Now, please get that dog outta the way...

It moves faster on my end out here in Las Vegas, so thanks for the effort.

Stupid question for the big change...

Same address right :confused:

It took me a long time to find a good site for a Patriots message board. I didn't like the other Patriots boards I found and would hate to lose this one.

Seems better.

Thanks for all your efforts, Ian.

Site opens slowly.
Around 15-20 seconds to open this thread.
Much better than recently, but way slower than the Internet optimal metric of 4 seconds.

Thanks Ian,

A few of the smilies still come up as question marks...

The loading speed seems to be slightly faster than before the attack, though I'd still call it a bit slow to my preference. I'll get a better read when the game thread heats up this afternoon, previous weeks drove me crazy waiting three plays to reload so I could comment on the play.

You've probably got a lot to do yet, but I'm just glad your back and semi-functional. :)

Very slow again for me this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back