PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOARD PERFORMANCE - Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 7:30-ish, EST, the board is running quite slow.

8:00-15+ sec to bring up a thread.

This is the first time I've been on the board in five days. Just got tired of it being so frustratingly slow, it would take MINUTES to open a thread.

Got on the board tonight and it's slower then it was when I got pissed off 5 days ago. I timed how long it took to get this thread to open - - - it was 2 FREAKING MINUTES. So from my limited perspective the board performance SUCKS. Not going to waste the effort again for a while.

Maybe I'll try again after Thanksgiving. Sorry, Ian, I know how hard you're trying to get it to work but I'm tired of being frustrated like this.

I really hope this can get fixed, I was hoping/thinking that it would after all the downtime or whatever it is technically called.
IAN can we do anything, take up donations to you on Paypal to buy something to make it go faster or something. I love this site and the people who post on it (for the most part haha), but it is VERY frustrating to not be able to load up and consistently be kicked out/off.

GO PATS and thanks for all of your work, I know you are trying your best

Nearly 450 viewers at 11:45 PM Sunday night so clearly alot of the old crowd are coming back - however pages are taking a minimum of 2 MINUTES to load. Probably a lot of posters and viewers have given up because of the extremely slow response times.

Its like I'm back on dial-up with a 26k modem

Up and down on speed but mostly too slow to be worth waiting around for more often than one response a day.

420jim said:
Its like I'm back on dial-up with a 26k modem

Don't get me wrong, I know your working on it, so I'll stick it out. If you can take the pressure of this nightmare of a fix, then I can take the slow load time.

Not to worry. I'm moving it off. It will be done by late Tuesday night, so by Wednesday AM you'll have access to the forum on the dedicated server which won't be affected by the up and down spikes the way this one was.

Ian

Speed still seems fine to me. Even during the game itself and later during SNF it wasn't all that bad. I don't believe I waited more than 30 seconds max for page loads all day yesterday. I'm actually more offended by the dearth of smilies, which is to say not very offended at all:D

I still have fond memories of waiting 3 full days to finish dl'ing the preview for Star Wars Episode 1 though.

It has improved ,but still slower than the old board,on my system anyway.

Well - it pretty much sux right now - like 5 minutes to call up a response window to this question. Pretty frustrating to everyone I know... but it stil sux

S..L...O...W

Forum is unuseable

Usually better than last week but still S-L-O-W-E-R than the original recipe.

God awful slow today and a few times couldn't get on at all.

But, I'm going to stick with it until it's fixed.

Usually better than last week but still S-L-O-W-E-R than the original recipe.

Stike that, after waiting about a minute for this message to post it's no better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back