PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BLOUNT. FORCE. TRAUMA. AFC Offensive Player of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give Scarnecchia and the line some credit, but damn Lagarrette looks good too. Definitely looks sleeker and faster, probably lost 10 pounds or so. So happy for him, I would guess the last time a Patriot RB won it was when Jonas Gray ran for 200+ yards vs the Colts in 2014.

It sucked last year due to the pitiful OL. It's great this year due to the vast improvement in that area.

Not talking about last year. Most were projecting running game suckage because we never added any RBs.

Not to take anything away from LG, I've always liked his game and feel he's playing his best football as a Patriot right now but I see this award as an other sign of how loaded the 2016 team really is.

Hes lost a few pounds, hes playing decisively and the line is giving him some daylight.

Please god keep him healthy all year long.

Yeah noticed that in preseason. Definitely looks slimmer and moving faster. Improved oline helps a lot too

Well deserved.

This thread is incomplete without...

IckyWhisperedGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Michael Lombardi said they talked, after the season was over, how they needed to improve the run game. And they have done just that.

Last edited:
Speaking of Blount. Why did he go undrafted? Was it because of that incident against Boise State that cost him nearly the entire 2009 season?

Funny, Blount has gone from a dog to the best statistical RB over the first three games in no time. People wanted him cut just a month ago.

It did suck. Michael Lombardi even said they talked after the season was over how they needed to improve the run game. And they have done just that.

I think he means people were saying during the off-season and pre-season that it was 100% fact gonna suck in 2016. Because they brought back Blount and didn't get Forte or take a flier on Foster, who shocker, is injured once again.

Funny, Blount has gone from a dog to the best statistical RB over the first three games in no time. People wanted him cut just a month ago.

Even funnier thing is if you look at Blount's numbers from last year he was actually pretty solid given the OL he was running behind. Guy maybe would have run for 900-1k yards if he hadn't gotten hurt.

I didn't realize this until now, but it was a retaliation hit.

He's played a lot better to start the season and credit to him. Still I don't think that means critics were wrong before to raise questions about his performance in 2015. Yeah the stats didn't look bad but he was frequently stuffed in short yardage situations and wasn't making a consistent impact.

This season he has made an impact and played well against good defenses (along with the OL) and I will be even more impressed if he keeps it up throughout.

The running game has improved because the whole team has improved at the run game. Even the WRs have improved the intensity of their blocking. So what has changed for Blount, his ypc are virtually identical in 2014, 2015 and 2016. It really is the number of carries and the committment to the run game. Funny thing is if you look at stats, 2015 was one of his best season since his rookie season when he was a 1000 yard rusher. If he had played in all 16 games he would have had over 900 yards rushing. His yards per game was 2nd best ever. In 2016 he is on pace to have 1500+ yards per game. That is elite status. That is what committment to the running game does. His carries is way up and because his carries is up his yards per game are up.

Blount is a very good RB. His failures have more to do with poor blocking and lack of playing time. This has been a pass first, run second kind of team and Blount's stats have suffered because of it. Poor blocking and no holes to run through makes him tend to run upright and dance behind the LOS which usually ends in failure. It's going to be interesting to see how committed the Patriots will be to the run game when Brady gets back. My worries about Blout is how much punishment can he take. He may dish out blount force trauma but it has got to wear and tear on his body to do that.

Same people that thought Bennett was on the bubble.

This place always goes full ****** during the preseason. At this point have to just expect that anyone who hasn't learned yet is never going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back