PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BLOUNT. FORCE. TRAUMA. AFC Offensive Player of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never, ever leave again, Scar. Please.

Seriously, if you ever want to explain to someone what a difference a coach can make, just point to the 2016 Patriots OL.

Great season Blount is having! I'm glad he is back in Patriots blue and silver!
And yes, he's probably got one of the best value to dollar contracts in the NFL right now.
BB the roster construction genius! ;-)

"$300K contract" -- no.

"LeGarrette Blount signed a 1 year, $1,000,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $100,000 signing bonus, $100,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,000,000. In 2016, Blount will earn a base salary of $760,000, a signing bonus of $100,000, a roster bonus of $75,000, a workout bonus of $40,000 and a incentive bonus of $50,000. Blount has a cap hit of $1,025,000 while his dead money value is $900,000."

LeGarrette Blount

With the way the man is running at this point in the season. They should give him a 500k bonus mid season, and offer another 500k in incentive bonus money. Even if he only keeps it up at 75% of what he's currently doing, that would still be a good deal. Im sure it would motivate him to keep it up.

Never, ever leave again, Scar. Please.

Seriously, if you ever want to explain to someone what a difference a coach can make, just point to the 2016 Patriots OL.

Agreeeeeeee. Everyone in the New England area better get that man a Christmas present, and a christmas card along with it begging him to never retire again.

It sucked last year due to the pitiful OL. It's great this year due to the vast improvement in that area.

And just think what Dion is going to be able to do with this new space. We might see some Barry Sanders level jukes

Agreeeeeeee. Everyone in the New England area better get that man a Christmas present, and a christmas card along with it begging him to never retire again.
Scar could make an NFL caliber OL out of 3 geriatric guys from a retirement home, a quadruple amputee and a cardboard cutout of John Stamos.

Last year, everyone was roasting and hating on the guy. This year, he's a hero. Despite his averages being lower this year.

I mean, take a look at his 2015/2016 comparisons in some categories people complained about last year:

YPC 4.3/4.0

Splits
Right: 4.4/3.6
Left: 3.1/2.8
Middle: 4.2/2.4

3rd and 1 or 2 yards: 5 for 8/1 for 2

Not trying to take anything away from the guy. His volume stats have been obviously better as he's gotten more carries. But it shows you just how off-base fan perception can be. He's not necessarily been more effective this year, just getting more carries.

Blount is a very key piece to our 3-0 start. I'll smoke an old school Philly Blunt just for him.
Yes, you're right...in order to keep him out of trouble we must smoke his weed for him.

And just think what Dion is going to be able to do with this new space. We might see some Barry Sanders level jukes
Dion Lewis is a nice scat back with just 85 career rushing attempts and 39 receptions despite being drafted in 2011. He'll make some impressive plays (Dallas play still stands out) but the elevation of this guy to Moss-level offensive weapon is insane. Sorry it's not you it's me.

Congrats to LGB. Have always loved watching and this is well-deserved. Keep on, young man.

Scar could make an NFL caliber OL out of 3 geriatric guys from a retirement home, a quadruple amputee and a cardboard cutout of John Stamos.
Stamos is a liability in pass protection.

But he's just a bigger Laura Maroney

Last year, everyone was roasting and hating on the guy. This year, he's a hero. Despite his averages being lower this year.

I mean, take a look at his 2015/2016 comparisons in some categories people complained about last year:

YPC 4.3/4.0

Splits

Not trying to take anything away from the guy. His volume stats have been obviously better as he's gotten more carries. But it shows you just how off-base fan perception can be. He's not necessarily been more effective this year, just getting more carries.
Last season Blount mostly padded his stats thanks to the pass offense doing the heavy lifting. This year he has been doing much of the lifting with Brissett on the field which is more impressive.

Stats don't necessarily tell the whole story.

Last season Blount mostly padded his stats thanks to the pass offense doing the heavy lifting. This year he has been doing much of the lifting with Brissett on the field which is more impressive.

Stats don't necessarily tell the whole story.

No, they don't. But I hardly think he was padding his stats last year, as the team ran the ball very few times. They finished 25th in rushing attempts after finishing 13th in 2014, 9th in 2013, and 2nd in 2012.

Blount has been less effective per run, but he's gotten more runs this year, which has made people think he's better. And I think he's been great, not knocking his performance this year. Just saying all the haters from last year were probably a bit overzealous.

Incredible job so far from all the Patriots in the run game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. I mean he looks like one of those top 3 running backs you wish you had on your team at times. One of the feel good stories of this season for sure and one of the big factors in the 3-0 start. Will be interesting how the new look offense blends with Brady on his return. Be also looking to see if they can close out games with the run as well when they are sitting on a lead.

He's the same RB he's always been for the Pats. That is to say good.

YPC 4.3/4.0

Splits

Not everyone was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore