PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blind side Hellllp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Just thinking on that play where Brady got leveled on a corner, (safety?) blitz.

They over loaded and faulk took the inside guy. He must have known Brady was going to get killed.

Isn't there any signal or yell he could have made?

Brady could have been lost for the season on a hit like that.

What did it matter if he blocked his guy at that point? There was no one there to stop the blind side hit.

Last edited:
Wow, I get to repeat myself - BRADY SCREWED UP HIS OWN PROTECTION. There, I feel better.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Wow, I get to repeat myself - BRADY SCREWED UP HIS OWN PROTECTION. There, I feel better.

Not my point. I'm talking about after all possible measures were taken.

May day. I'm not saying Faulk or anyone else was at fault.

Even if Brady makes a mistake, I don't want to lose him.

Who wants to loose him? The question is, who is going to set the protection if he doesn't? He screwed up and now knows he can't rollout as fast as Kerry Rhodes can run. He screwed up, I'm sure Josh will talk with him about it in the ice bath. But if Tommy doesn't set the protection, BB can't run out there and do it himself.

RayClay said:
Not my point. I'm talking about after all possible measures were taken.

May day. I'm not saying Faulk or anyone else was at fault.

Even if Brady makes a mistake, I don't want to lose him.
You mean like:
"Look out!" - Brandon Gorin
"Oh $h*t!!" - Max Lane

Something
to warn the QB, whether he sees him or not, that there's a guy comin' and he best hustle up or get ready to tuck and roll? Is that what you mean?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
You mean like:
"Look out!" - Brandon Gorin
"Oh $h*t!!" - Max Lane

Something
to warn the QB, whether he sees him or not, that there's a guy comin' and he best hustle up or get ready to tuck and roll? Is that what you mean?

Precisely!! That's what I'm saying.

Great minds think alike.:D

Reason I brought it up is, when the play happened somebody said Faulk picked up the right guy, (inside).

Of course that's true. But that mean's there's no one left to pick up the outside guy.

The Patriots always work on situations. Since this would mostly apply to the three backs and only in blind side situations, why not work on it.

When I saw that guy come in free on Brady, I thought that could be the season.

I imagine an impromptu Oh s**t might get lost in crowd or defense noise.

The bigger question:

Why were the Pats throwing the ball on every down with a 24 point lead in the second half?

They don't call him Clock Killin' Corey Dillon for nothin'.

I hope Belichick took McDaniels and Brady out behind the woodshed Monday morning to discuss the insane play calling in the second half.

hwc said:
The bigger question:

Why were the Pats throwing the ball on every down with a 24 point lead in the second half?

I hope Belichick took McDaniels and Brady out behind the woodshed Monday morning to discuss the insane play calling in the second half.
Uuuuunh. Maybe they think they need to work on their passing game ??

If Brady gets Blindsided by a John Lynch hit this week you may all be referring to Matt Cassell as the starting QB for the rest of the year...Lynch,even at his age is as hard a hitter as Rodney if not even harder,always has been...Patriots cannot afford this crap to happen again this week,but I guarantee you if the Broncos decide to do a full out blitz you can expect Lynch to be exactly where the last two blind side hits came from,The outer left side of the O line

hwc said:
The bigger question:

Probably trying to get the timing down with the 3 new receivers?

Brady on Dennis and Callahan Monday morning said that he knew the blitz was coming. He mentioned how Denver employs the same one. If anything it was the right side of the line that failed. He recognized the blitz for what it was and they know Faulk can't block both. The play is designed to roll right and fire off a quick pass (the same play that he got picked by Bailey on last playoffs). Brady took the blame for himself saying he didn't get it off quick enough but he also mentioned how he couldn't roll as far to the right as the play called for because of pressure from that side too. My guess is that this is one play they are working the crap out of this week.

Here's the link to Brady's interview:
http://rope.weei-am.fimc.net/podzinger.htm

PatsRI said:
Brady on Dennis and Callahan Monday morning said that he knew the blitz was coming. He mentioned how Denver employs the same one. If anything it was the right side of the line that failed. He recognized the blitz for what it was and they know Faulk can't block both. The play is designed to roll right and fire off a quick pass (the same play that he got picked by Bailey on last playoffs). Brady took the blame for himself saying he didn't get it off quick enough but he also mentioned how he couldn't roll as far to the right as the play called for because of pressure from that side too. My guess is that this is one play they are working the crap out of this week.

Too bad the little chickies will ignore this report as they generously scatter feathers and fertilizer on the walkways of the forum. The sky is falling...

PatsRI said:

BB had similar things to say on his Monday WEEI interview, except he also put lots of blame on himself and the coaches. Seems like BB and Brady both recognize that they didn't have the right plan for this blitz and didn't execute well in any case.

Last edited:
The good news is that is gives us all an opportunity to join in the New England sports fans favorite past time, blaiming somebody for something.

Blaming the right tackle is almost as bad as blaming Gabriel for the interception and I've seen a couple of those.

Can't we just enjoy the good stuff?

p8ryts said:
The good news is that is gives us all an opportunity to join in the New England sports fans favorite past time, blaiming somebody for something.

Blaming the right tackle is almost as bad as blaming Gabriel for the interception and I've seen a couple of those.

Can't we just enjoy the good stuff?
Good stuff? Like what? Winning the game? Against a division rival? With rookies underfoot? Egad sir, you fail the grasp the spirit needed to panic properly (now if I really wanted to start some chicken dancers running around with open umbrellas I'd point out that Tommy was doing his Bledsoe imitation on the play...but I don't want to be responsible for a rash of bodies in the greater Boston area.)!

You are right, why get excited about the running backs and the great run blocking or the total shut down of the opposition running game. I shouldn't be so upset if the other team makes a play once in a while. It's a personality defect. Once the Pats play a 100% perfect game, I will be able to overcome that.

p8ryts said:
You are right, why get excited about the running backs and the great run blocking or the total shut down of the opposition running game. I shouldn't be so upset if the other team makes a play once in a while. It's a personality defect. Once the Pats play a 100% perfect game, I will be able to overcome that.
Exactly, we shouldn't be celebrating the fine TE play, or the O-line's run blocking, or the fact the new receivers are showing some positives, and certainly not the depth and dominance of the D-line...I'm sure the song goes "accentuate the negative, bemoan the positive, whine about your winning team..." Something like that...:D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Too bad the little chickies will ignore this report as they generously scatter feathers and fertilizer on the walkways of the forum. The sky is falling...

OK, I listened to the clip of dennis and KKK and I still think I have a valid point.

If you'd actually like to read my first post and respond I would like your input. From the gist of all your posts here, it doesn't seem like you did.

Plays break down. No matter who's to blame. If there's a way, (no matter who's to blame), of keeping Brady from getting killed by a blind side break down, that is the only thing I was addressing in this thread.

RayClay said:
OK, I listened to the clip of dennis and KKK and I still think I have a valid point.

If you'd actually like to read my first post and respond I would like your input. From the gist of all your posts here, it doesn't seem like you did.

Plays break down. No matter who's to blame. If there's a way, (no matter who's to blame), of keeping Brady from getting killed by a blind side break down, that is the only thing I was addressing in this thread.
I think it comes down to what I said earlier. Better protection on the right side so he can roll out away from the blitz and hit a TE or WR cutting underneath on that right side for a quick hit. You can say audible out to a run with Faulk but either he gets nailed by the blitz anyway or it's too long for a 1st down. If the rusher is on the edge the odds are that the middle is still covered for the run.

Last edited:
RayClay said:

Ray, it goes back to my first response, Brady screwed up. He set the protection, He called the rollout to take Him away from the blitz overload. He was the guy standing there doing His Statue of Drew imitation when He got clocked.

This is very similar to what he did in Denver, he was trying to make a play, instead of relaxing and throwing the ball away. He tried to carry the team on his shoulders and forgot he was PART of a TEAM. One with a substantial lead at this point of the game.

It doesn't get any clearer than that, Brady screwed up. In football, that means someone gets their clock cleaned, he paid the price, hopefully it means he stops trying to be a one man show. Last season he tried too hard, too often.

Josh needs to ground him and get his head right, but ultimately Tommy, the grizzled old veteran, needs to rely on his veteran survival skills, and not make newbie decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News