PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Signs with Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BJGE to Sign with Bengals.

I really enjoyed rooting for BJGE. Great story. I'm disappointed to see him go, but happy for him too.

We'll need to bring an additional RB in, even if it's just to make up the numbers. Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead + at least one more. I really think Faulk is done, although I haven't heard that he's finalized his retirement yet.

Will be rooting for the Law Firm every game, except when he plays us. He's a helluva back, good luck BJGE. I think we pick up another back in the draft.

Will be interesting to see the money that BJGE got, as there are a lot of other veteran RBs on the market at the moment. Wouldn't mind seeing the Pats go and sign Michael Bush.

wish him the best hope he has a great season and career with the Bengals, Stevan Ridley was the best RB on the team by the end of the season but he fumbled him self into the dog house if not for that he would have had 15+ att in the SB and maybe they would have won it...some good coaching in the offseason he with he needs to stop the fumbles

Will be interesting to see the money that BJGE got, as there are a lot of other veteran RBs on the market at the moment. Wouldn't mind seeing the Pats go and sign Michael Bush.

I really don't want us to sign a vet... we could have probably kept BJGE for the same money as Bush, J-Stew etc. I think we take an RB late in the draft or even pick up an UDFA who makes the roster...

We'll miss his sure hands but it's time for the Vereen/Ridley era to begin.

Best of luck Law Firm and thanks for all your hard work. :rocker:

Two very significant losses today in Anderson and BJGE.

Ridley looks like he might be the real deal. Vereen is an unknown and until he proves he can play, and stay healthy, he should not be counted on.

That Woodhead kid is pretty good though but obviously not an every down back.

I think we are good to go with Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, and Polite. I don't want a repeat of last year when we had 6 RBs on the roster.

oh no :(

anyway, good luck in cincy...

I really hope that Bill either
1. has a plan to get a top rb in here -- someone of the curtis martin, corey dillon calibre and hence decided benny was unneeded
2. believes ridley/vareen will turn into #1 right away

So I'm hoping for option 1 -- cause I think at this point in time we're worse off at rb then we were at the start of last season.

Start of last season we had a known quantity in benny, and unfilled potential in ridley/vareen.
Right now we have no known quantities, just potential -- and if the potential doesn't come thru we're in a similar situation where good d's are capable of containing brady. Throw in a top RB and it would be significantly tougher.

People are going way overboard with this Ridley/fumblitis stuff.

I'll say! Twice??? Anyone on this board remember Kevin Faulk way back when? Weren't some on here calling him fumbles Faulk? He got over that. BB should have Faulk tutor Ridley on just how he accomplished that.

This 2012 team under McDaniels is going to be a pass happy offense even more so now...Expect a 75% pass to run ratio and BJGE's production probably would have been reduced significantly anyway.

At least in Cincy there will be more opportunity ro run the ball while Dalton continues to develop into the next generation of QBs.

I think we are good to go with Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, and Polite. I don't want a repeat of last year when we had 6 RBs on the roster.

Spencer Larsen came in for a visit and if signed I could see him getting the nod over Polite at FB this year. Larsen is apparently good on ST's, I'm not sure if Polite brings the same benefits.

now thats what i call addition by subtraction. I like BJGE, but he is just too limited. Ridley looked much better this year in terms of vision and explosiveness. Just has to hold onto the ball better. and keep in mind, kevin faulk had a major fumbling problem earlier in his career (same with everyone's favorite, tiki)

This 2012 team under McDaniels is going to be a pass happy offense even more so now...Expect a 75% pass to run ratio and BJGE's production probably would have been reduced significantly anyway.

At least in Cincy there will be more opportunity ro run the ball while Dalton continues to develop into the next generation of QBs.

You do realize the pass play percentage was under 60% in 2007 when we had Moss in his prime and Maroney running the ball, right? Let's not go overboard with this McDaniels passes too much crap.

I'll say! Twice??? Anyone on this board remember Kevin Faulk way back when? Weren't some on here calling him fumbles Faulk? He got over that. BB should have Faulk tutor Ridley on just how he accomplished that.

I rewatched the Snow Bowl game on NFLN recently. On the kickoff punt return that set up the tying drive, Tory Brown had a nice return, then fumbled VERY BADLY at the end of the run -- ball came flying out. Luckily Larry Izzo fell on it first. You definitely don't want it happening too much, but, just goes to show, even some of your best players can drop the ball once in a while. Can't all be BJGE.

Best of luck to BJGE. Hope he excels with his new team.

Good luck BenJarvus!

Patriots Nation will miss you!

Thank you for signing with the Bengals and not the Jesters!

I'm sure when we see what they paid him, we'll be thankful we didn't overreach for him. Let the Ridley/Vereen era begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3