PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Signs with Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BJGE to Sign with Bengals.

He fumbled only twice all season. Its not like its an epidemic

Ridley fumbled 3 times in the regular season, but recovered one.

For so few carries its somewhat disconcerting. BB benched him after his last fumble.

It's too bad the New England Patriots can't retroactively trade back Chad Ochostinko to the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2012 fifth round draft pick, and in the process, free up valuable salary cap space for BenJarvus.

Damn you Ocho!

He will be missed here. He was great.

He won't do well in Cincy though, going against Ravens, Steelers and (let's not forget) Browns which are all stout run defenses.

Sad to see the Law Firm move on but his production and attitude deserved a pay day. The one thing I am confident in is that running back production, assuming the offensive line plays well is replaceable.

Pretty gutted about this :(

He wasn't elite, but he worked hard and played well in our system!

Nevermind, BB go get up another UDFA!

Why would we get rid of that guy? He was one of our best RBs in the past 5 years! He NEVER fumbled!

******* stupid they didn't sign him back

Ridley fumbled 3 times in the regular season, but recovered one.

For so few carries its somewhat disconcerting. BB benched him after his last fumble.
What are you talking about? He fumbled once in the regular season and it went out of bounds.

:scared: Micheal Bush?

I really like his running

In all seriousness I would rather start Ridley or sign Johnathan Stewart

Would love to see BJGE back on the Patriots as Running Backs Coach when the game on the field has passed him by.

His ability to keep the ball tight against his body and never fumbling would be something any running back would love to practice and learn from since ability like he has is extremely rare.

It's too bad the New England Patriots can't retroactively trade back Chad Ochostinko to the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2012 fifth round draft pick, and in the process, free up valuable salary cap space for BenJarvus.

Damn you Ocho!

They had enough space to sign BJGE, they just chose not to use it on him.

Damn you Ocho!

Agreed! Stinko is just a worthless.

Last edited:
Just went on a Bengals forum to see what they thought, couple posters said they heard the contract on local news saying it was 3 years 15 million.

If that's true that's pretty high and I can see why we didn't resign him.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=96648

Last edited:

I don't want 6 either, but I feel that we still need one more power RB.

I do not, however, want to spend one of our top-100 draft picks on another RB;
or even our 4th-rounder, for that matter. Bill need only sign a couple of UDFAs
like Davin Meggett, Marc Tyler, Vic Ballard or fellow Ole Miss alum Brandon Bolden.

You just touched on an interesting issue. With no picks after the 4th, unless we trade down, I bet we are extremely aggressive with UDFAs.

Let's hope Ridley and/or Vereen don't screw it up this year. I didn't see much last year that made me think We're all set and that we can run the ball whenever we need to. I saw promise, but not full on answers to the Pats running game.

BB better get another back in here. And make sure he has "big play ability" or half of this board will ***** and moan about "just another 4 yards and so what if he never fumbles".

If BJGE signed for cheap money, I'll be pretty bummed. If he got big bucks, then good for him. He wasn't going to get it here with Brady, Gronk, AH, Welker, and now Lloyd.

What are you talking about? He fumbled once in the regular season and it went out of bounds.

Ridlley fumbled in back to back games. Youre right, the Denver post season game was the last, but I could have sworn there was a 3rd.

Bernard Pierce ... amazing short burst speed ... hopefully we get him.

Good luck Benny ! I'm happy for this guy :)

Ridley time is on I guess

... Benny is gone!? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

*It's Ok CheeseMokeys, they have Ridley who looks to have a promising future*

:itsok:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill