PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Signs with Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BJGE to Sign with Bengals.

I liked what I saw from Vereen in minimal snaps and hopefully Ridley gets over the fumblitis. One thing you can always say about Lawfirm is you knew he wouldn't put it on the turf, wish we could keep him but a team with 2 recent running back picks, a pass oriented offense, and needs to focus on defense now isn't going to pay him.

And it's possible he felt his role here would be reduced even further this year if the young guys progress. Regardless of money, he may have been looking for more carries elsewhere.

If Ridley continues to fumble the ball, the Patriots have a real problem.

I hope he gets paid.

He deserves it.

Benny had an down year last season. Maybe it was the toe, I don't know. But he made $1.8mm last season. They weren't going to give him That much for being the GL/SY/depth RB this season.

I wish him the best, and I'll be interested in seeing if he got $2MM/yr

Chris Polk or Lamar Miller might be drafted in the 3rd round by NE and would give the Pats some competition for an unproven Vereen in his 2nd year.

I wouldn't be against a 3rd round RB I guess, rather not a 2nd round one though. We could still sign a cheap Vet.

People are going way overboard with this Ridley/fumblitis stuff.

It really hasn't been a good day losing Anderson and Benny. At least I can still laugh at the Jest and whatever the Dolphins seem to be doing.

Best of luck to him. Quality dude.

The Law Firm is going to get all the workload he can handle. Good luck!

Would have loved to have him back on the cheap, but it sounds like the Bengals gave him a really good deal. Good for him. We'll be fine, not worried. Ridley has an offseason to improve his ball handling and running in between the tackles. Vereen looked very impressive IMO in limited carries and hopefully gets a full offseason this year. Our backfield is still in good shape, wouldn't mind a lower draft pick spent on depth.

BJGE to Cincy :eek: best of luck to the law Firm! Anyway he can bring Ocho back there with him?

People are going way overboard with this Ridley/fumblitis stuff.

Agreed. The sample size was way too small, and if we weren't blowing the doors off of Denver he probably never even gets those carries in the playoff game. Then we'd be seeing ONE fumble in 87 regular season carries and wouldn't think twice about it.

official RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Bengals.

It really hasn't been a good day losing Anderson and Benny. At least I can still laugh at the Jest and whatever the Dolphins seem to be doing.

Personally i don't care for these moves at all. Bills overpaid Anderson who was at his best as a situational rusher and BJGE didn't do much for us last year.

Thank you for your service BJGE. He was good here, but the RB position isn't nearly as important on this team than other teams and his skills are replaceable.

Best of luck to BJGE....

Benny is a class act which makes the Bengals signing perplexing since they often go for turds instead. In any case, best of luck to Green-Ellis, hope he does great for them.

Best of luck to a true class act. He has represented this team well and consitently punched above his weight.

I guess I will have to change my avatar :-(

Last edited:

This kid was my "binkie", loved his story, great smile and an UDFA who did good.. he will be good for the Bengals, positive influence on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back