PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Signs with Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BJGE to Sign with Bengals.

Bummed to see the Law Firm go. He quickly became one of my favorite players.

Any talk of bringing Michael Bush in?

Vereen has yet to prove himself, Ridley is likely the starter.

Last edited:

I think we are good to go with Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, and Polite. I don't want a repeat of last year when we had 6 RBs on the roster.

I don't want 6 either, but I feel that we still need one more power RB.

I do not, however, want to spend one of our top-100 draft picks on another RB;
or even our 4th-rounder, for that matter. Bill need only sign a couple of UDFAs
like Davin Meggett, Marc Tyler, Vic Ballard or fellow Ole Miss alum Brandon Bolden.

Last edited:

Sorry to see him go and wish him the best unless he's playing the Patriots.

I don't want 6 either, but I feel that we still need one more power RB

I would think a tough, slow, reliable mudder in the BJGE mold would be available somewhere in the latter half of the draft/UDFA

This make me sad :(
Goodluck BJGE!

I hope BJGE does real well with the Bengals (uless he plays us naturally).

A/The Law Firm is exactly what the Bengals need to represent them. :D

Damn.

Well, good luck for him, he's always been one of my favorite players. Now I guess we'll have to bring another RB, Ridley still has to prove he can carry the load, and Vereen... well, Vereen played 2 drives all season, I think he was more time on the field covering kickoffs. Bush, Benson?

Spencer Larsen came in for a visit and if signed I could see him getting the nod over Polite at FB this year. Larsen is apparently good on ST's, I'm not sure if Polite brings the same benefits.

I'm picking up the same vibe, too.

Chris Polk or Lamar Miller might be drafted in the 3rd round by NE and would give the Pats some competition for an unproven Vereen in his 2nd year.

I don't see Miller being on the Pats radar if he's not a good blocker the way some of the sites suggest. Isaiah Pead and Chris Polk, on the other hand, I'd agree with you on.

BJGE is a great story. Undrafted free agent who grinded his way up the ladder until he was a starter. I hope he gets a nice pay day and wish him nothing but the best of luck. Time for Ridley and Vereen to man up.

this sucks, how much would it have cost to keep him? hes our best rb, the potential for this to blow back in our faces is great, should have resigned him

best of luck BJGE

Lawfirm deserves everything he gets. The guy is a testament to hard work and perseverance.

I like Ridley, but in my opinon he runs to loose with the ball in traffic and I've never seen a RB turn his back to the defender more than him. All problems that can be fixed but problems nonetheless. They had a good thing going with the BJGE/Ridley combo and all I have to go on for Varren are youtube clips from two years ago in college. With that being said I would feel better with another back in here that has a similar skill set as BJGE.

Personally i don't care for these moves at all. Bills overpaid Anderson who was at his best as a situational rusher and BJGE didn't do much for us last year.

Why do people make comments like this?? Anderson proved that he wasn't just a situational player with his play after Carter went down.

BJGE was injured most of the year with a Turf Toe injury. And, despite that, he still had 11 TDs on only 181 carries in comparison to the 13 TDs on 229 the year before. When was the last time a Pats RB put up back to back double digit TD seasons??? That's right.. Corey Dillon back in 2004 and 2005.. But it took Dillon 554 carries..

BJGE is going to be missed. Particularly every time Ridley, Vereen or Woodhead puts the ball on the ground.

I'll say! Twice??? Anyone on this board remember Kevin Faulk way back when? Weren't some on here calling him fumbles Faulk? He got over that. BB should have Faulk tutor Ridley on just how he accomplished that.

Faulk actually fumbled more than Ridley did.

Faulk never really got over his fumbling. Even as late as 2005 and 2006 when Faulk had 3 fumbles on 80 touches and 2 fumbles on 78 touches. For his career, Faulk has 25 fumbles on 1295 touches (rushes+recepetions). But Faulk DID improve from a fumble every 26 touches to a fumble every 51 touches. But Faulk still fumbled.

BJGE is going to be missed. Particularly every time Ridley, Vereen or Woodhead puts the ball on the ground.

Agree, but specially with this. With this guy you knew you weren't going to have a stupid turnover, with our next year RBs... we'll see.

People are going way overboard with this Ridley/fumblitis stuff.

Absolutely. Even if BJGE re-signed with the Patriots, he wouldn't have been getting all the carries anyway, so fumbles would still be an issue.

This had to be about money and why do I get the feeling that BJGE leaving is going to come back and bite the Pats in the axx?

It just par for the course that the Pats will lose an important game because a RB coughed the ball up at the worst possible time. Then, well all be saying "Law firm wouldnt have done that."

Benny had an down year last season. Maybe it was the toe, I don't know. But he made $1.8mm last season. They weren't going to give him That much for being the GL/SY/depth RB this season.

I wish him the best, and I'll be interested in seeing if he got $2MM/yr

Im not even sure what turf toe is but, Ive read that it can be debilitating.

Sorry to see him go, he was a great patriot and gave them exactly what they needed. i must say that i am excited to see what Ridley and Vereen can give us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down