PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill vs new regime

A couple of these might have involved trades but recently, off the top of my head -- Mason, Thuney, Karras (think how much better off the OL would have been with them still aboard); also Damien Harris, Gilmore, Jakob Johnson, Duron Harmon, Stidham, Brandin Cooks, Elandon Roberts, Akiem Hicks, Logan Ryan, Winovich, Jake Bailey, Malcolm Brown ...

This list is a couple years old but helps illustrate how BB devalued continuity making the roster a turnstile: Past Patriots on NFL 90-man rosters entering 2022
Decent list. But over 20 plus years of Bill, there are sure to have some on that list. You can’t keep everyone due to the salary cap. The ones that ring out to me were Seymour, Law , Mankins, Mason. All of them had different stories though.

Serious question. Would anything have been different if Bill was still here, as far as roster building went during free agency? It 100% feels like Bills fingerprints all over this roster.
GM Bob Kraft learned everything that he knows and believes in from Bill Belichick. Whether folks want to admit the truth or not, GM Bob is the one with the final decision how his team will conduct business.

GM Bob Kraft learned everything that he knows and believes in from Bill Belichick. Whether folks want to admit the truth or not, GM Bob is the one with the final decision how his team will conduct business.
It will all come together in week 5 when Zappe takes over the league

Lol, what? There were 24 players in the 1st 3 rounds from 2014 to 2020. Only 1, Thuney, signed a large contract, after he got tagged. The only 2 re-signed to a 2nd contract were from 2020 (Uche & Jennings). Those contracts were both mid.
Jamie Collins became the highest paid ILB in football, Chandler Jones got close to 100 million, Thuney got 90 million, JimmyG became the highest paid player in the entire NFL when he signed.

The quote is dumb in context to the three championships they won and because Patriot draftees were some of the highest paid annually. If you counts rookies paid from the third round on and UDFA's (Malcom Butler, JC Jackson) the quote is extraordinarily dumb.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Bobby had money before he ever met Billy. Plus owned companies before he got involved with The Patriots. Hence that business savvy has grown over the years, but his acumen for profit has been there a lot longer than you might give him credit for.

I didn’t see that they had tagged Duggar …big mistake…he’s been great but why tag him?
If he's been "great" why wouldn't you tag him? I'm guessing you were exaggerting?
Also yes Onwenu has been solid but definitely a reach….they almost had no choice because of the horrible state of affairs at OL
He's an overpay, but that is unfortunately the norm for decent to good players these days with the cap going up and teams having to put their money somewhere. There was nobody else to sign at that position anyways.
Transition tagged Dugger... Who really hasn't drawn any interest... Is that the result of the tag? Or have we over valued him?
Probably overvalued him. There were a ton of S's on the market which have now pretty much all signed.

A lot of you were quick to kick Bill out the door. Hope you’re happy with wolfey running the show so far.
Still glad Bill is out the door.

Jamie Collins became the highest paid ILB in football, Chandler Jones got close to 100 million, Thuney got 90 million, JimmyG became the highest paid player in the entire NFL when he signed.

The quote is dumb in context to the three championships they won and because Patriot draftees were some of the highest paid annually. If you counts rookies paid from the third round on and UDFA's (Malcom Butler, JC Jackson) the quote is extraordinarily dumb.
You're the dumb one. The quote is the quote
The quote is factual.

You trying to disprove the quote by quoting other unrelated stuff is a you problem.

The purpose of the quote is to show how atrocious the drafts were 2014-2019, which is the main reason the team failed to "rebuild" from 2020 on because of lack of homegrown talent.

I’m not upset one bit they passed on Ridley with that amount of money.
I am that they never attempt to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. How is it Buffalo, which was in cap hell, can bring in the Caveman and Curtis Samuel?

Thorton might not make it through pre season.
As it stands now, Calvin Anderson at LT and BoneyT at the X figure to help make or break the upcoming season.

Doesn’t inspire confidence, does it?

As it stands now, Calvin Anderson at LT and BoneyT at the X figure to help make or break the upcoming season.

And they wonder why nobody wants to play here.

Decent list. But over 20 plus years of Bill, there are sure to have some on that list. You can’t keep everyone due to the salary cap. The ones that ring out to me were Seymour, Law , Mankins, Mason. All of them had different stories though.
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.

Lol, you had GM Bob starting Mac as QB1 on Wk 1.

You're spiel is old and stale. You have zero credibility. Give it up.

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.
Agree…not sure how old you are. But that’s not normal due to his age … but I guess since the league had changed so many rules regarding the actual act of tackling.. qbs and wrs will now play into there 50s if they need the extra money.

You're the dumb one. The quote is the quote
The quote is factual.

You trying to disprove the quote by quoting other unrelated stuff is a you problem.

The purpose of the quote is to show how atrocious the drafts were 2014-2019, which is the main reason the team failed to "rebuild" from 2020 on because of lack of homegrown talent.
It's amazing how a terrible team plays in 4 Super Bowls and wins 3 of them and their draftees annually become some of the highest paid free agents in the NFL at their respective positions... it's baffling.

BB certainly missed on Mac Jones, and that was enough...

Serious question. Would anything have been different if Bill was still here, as far as roster building went during free agency? It 100% feels like Bills fingerprints all over this roster.
Yeah. We would have traded the #3 draft pick for #29 plus a conditional 4th rounder.

Jacoby Brisset is going to sacrificed. If he isn’t physically broken this upcoming season, he will be mentally broken. Then whoever we draft at #3 can takeover next season after we improved the OL and receivers next year.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't thrilled with running back the same O. It just didn't work out.

I wanted Schultz, but he chose to stay.
I wanted Higgins a/o Big Mike. Both stayed.
I wanted Eleumunor and Smith.
I wanted Barkley.
I didn't want Bourne.

Given everything that's happened, at least the team didn't get worse. I think it marginally improved. Hell, just getting rid of Mac and Parker was an improvement.

Who knows, maybe JuJu, now a full year removed from his knee injury, will ball this season. One can only hope.
The biggest improvement would be if finally the offense schemes are less predictable and qb with receivers on the same page. Also getting rid of lousy attitudes of brown and Parker

Lol, you had GM Bob starting Mac as QB1 on Wk 1.

You're spiel is old and stale. You have zero credibility. Give it up.
You told us that BB was too old and now GM Bob is pulling the strings and he older than BB. HAHAHAAA

Our troubles were over. It was a new era. REMEMBER?? Hope and Change. A youth movement loaded with cap space and ready to hit homeruns. All I see is bunts.

Where have you been? Seems like you're in hiding popping out periodically to OK the same moves that BB would have made only now Bologna Bob is signing off. Henry, Bourne, JAGocby. When they blow up, Brookline Bob will blame Wolfie and Groh for leading him astray. The 3rd pick will be a doozy.

Not sure about Onwenu … he’s extremely versatile. Plus he towed the company line, a trait Bill rewarded. We didn’t get Ridley so what difference would that make ?

It’s definitely curious. I do agree with taking care of your own personal that have towed the company line and risen to the challenge. But missing on 1 or 2 guys from outside the organization that could be difference makers will probly bite them in the azz. I guess my gear to burn is vs Kraft. We shall see how this plays out
Rex Ryan called. He wants everyone to know that it is toe the line.

1710680370228.png

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back