PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill vs new regime

You told us that BB was too old and now GM Bob is pulling the strings and he older than BB. HAHAHAAA
BB was too old to relate to the younger players. I've been proven correct on that. The rest of the league agreed.
Kraft has delegated the responsibilities vacated by Bill to Wolf and Mayo. That's what he does, as the owner.

Our troubles were over. It was a new era. REMEMBER?? Hope and Change. A youth movement loaded with cap space and ready to hit homeruns. All I see is bunts.
You have me confused with somebody else. It was never going to be easy rebuilding from the disaster Bill left the offense in.

Where have you been? Seems like you're in hiding popping out periodically to OK the same moves that BB would have made only now Bologna Bob is signing off. Henry, Bourne, JAGocby. When they blow up, Brookline Bob will blame Wolfie and Groh for leading him astray. The 3rd pick will be a doozy.
I've been right here. You're the one that disappeared once Mac was traded and your BS take of Bob running everything was exposed for what it was, ********.

For goodness' sake. Again? Still?

1) Bill's gone.
2) He's gone because he was a failed GM and a failing coach.
3) If you really, really need instant gratification, buy yourself one of those inflatable girlfriends and excuse yourself from the conversation..

Ya? But for years he let players go before they started their downward spiral. Only a handful of players left and did anything on anybody else’s team. Actually having a hard time coming up with many ?
Most were let go because Bill knew they were clearly system guys. There were only maybe a handful that Bill goofed on (not including Brady) and only one player got better after leaving the Pats (Chandler Jones). Thuney has had a great career after leaving the Pats. Mason has done fine winning another SB.
A couple of these might have involved trades but recently, off the top of my head -- Mason, Thuney, Karras (think how much better off the OL would have been with them still aboard); also Damien Harris, Gilmore, Jakob Johnson, Duron Harmon, Stidham, Brandin Cooks, Elandon Roberts, Akiem Hicks, Logan Ryan, Winovich, Jake Bailey, Malcolm Brown ...

This list is a couple years old but helps illustrate how BB devalued continuity making the roster a turnstile: Past Patriots on NFL 90-man rosters entering 2022
Mason and Thuney: It's a gripe that I've had for years where you get rid a known player and have to use high draft capital in replacing them when those resources could've been used to help possibly improve the team.

Harris had to go. I liked his quick decision running style, but he was so damn unreliable.

Gilmore didn't want to play for Bill and looked bored in 2020.

Nobody misses Stidham.

I liked Brandin Cooks. Although he still caught over 1,000 yards, he looked uncomfortable in the offense. In fact, his catch rate was the worst of his career coming in at 57%. It looked like they wanted him to be like a Moss type WR just tossing up bombs to him. I noticed a lot of arms swinging up in the air after an incomplete pass. He was not a physical WR and his major weakness was getting bullied on 50/50 balls. He showed this the following season in the 2018 Super Bowl letting a finger tip break up a pass in the end zone. I do think his goof in the 2017 Super Bowl getting carelessly knocked out didn't help his cause.

Roberts was the most hated player on the Pats, but he has put together a quietly solid career. His speed would've been useful with the Pats the last few seasons.

Karras - egh.

Hicks was a massive goof mostly due to them taking Easley and Brown in back to back years.

Logan - Gilmore replaced him in 2017.

Harmon - even Bill had to put a cap on how many DB's he was willing to pay.

Winovich?

Brown was decent, but not worth keeping. He hasn't been missed.

Bailey has been replaced.
Where have you been? Seems like you're in hiding popping out periodically to OK the same moves that BB would have made only now Bologna Bob is signing off. Henry, Bourne, JAGocby. When they blow up, Brookline Bob will blame Wolfie and Groh for leading him astray. The 3rd pick will be a doozy.
These moves would've been met with pitch forks had Bill been in charge. The team has spent well over $30M just to keep a 4-13 together. That's pretty bad.
Our troubles were over. It was a new era. REMEMBER?? Hope and Change. A youth movement loaded with cap space and ready to hit homeruns. All I see is bunts.
They will most likely be a 4-13 team again this season, but hopefully the new QB shows promise for the following season. Eventually, Mayo/Wolf/Bob or whoever is in charge will have to make a big move. Bunts has only worked for one team and stopped working 5 years ago.

These moves would've been met with pitch forks had Bill been in charge. The team has spent well over $30M just to keep a 4-13 together. That's pretty bad.
Bill wouldn't have made some of these moves ( Parker, Onwenu, Dugger, etc.).

They've spent $51M of the cap to fill in holes and stop the bleeding. 8 of the top 10 FAs were tagged. Others signed outrageous contracts (that Bill wouldn't have signed). Others just didn't want to come here. Not sure what you can do about that.

Extend Barmore and Judon with what's left. Sign a few more better FAs to fill in for those that left, and draft the rest.

They will most likely be a 4-13 team again this season, but hopefully the new QB shows promise for the following season. Eventually, Mayo/Wolf/Bob or whoever is in charge will have to make a big move. Bunts has only worked for one team and stopped working 5 years ago.
I don't see them winning only 4 games. Probably in the 7 to 9 range, is my guess. It'll obviously depend on the results of the draft, and the unknowns (health).

Most were let go because Bill knew they were clearly system guys. There were only maybe a handful that Bill goofed on (not including Brady) and only one player got better after leaving the Pats (Chandler Jones). Thuney has had a great career after leaving the Pats. Mason has done fine winning another SB.

Mason and Thuney: It's a gripe that I've had for years where you get rid a known player and have to use high draft capital in replacing them when those resources could've been used to help possibly improve the team.

Harris had to go. I liked his quick decision running style, but he was so damn unreliable.

Gilmore didn't want to play for Bill and looked bored in 2020.

Nobody misses Stidham.

I liked Brandin Cooks. Although he still caught over 1,000 yards, he looked uncomfortable in the offense. In fact, his catch rate was the worst of his career coming in at 57%. It looked like they wanted him to be like a Moss type WR just tossing up bombs to him. I noticed a lot of arms swinging up in the air after an incomplete pass. He was not a physical WR and his major weakness was getting bullied on 50/50 balls. He showed this the following season in the 2018 Super Bowl letting a finger tip break up a pass in the end zone. I do think his goof in the 2017 Super Bowl getting carelessly knocked out didn't help his cause.

Roberts was the most hated player on the Pats, but he has put together a quietly solid career. His speed would've been useful with the Pats the last few seasons.

Karras - egh.

Hicks was a massive goof mostly due to them taking Easley and Brown in back to back years.

Logan - Gilmore replaced him in 2017.

Harmon - even Bill had to put a cap on how many DB's he was willing to pay.

Winovich?

Brown was decent, but not worth keeping. He hasn't been missed.

Bailey has been replaced.

Excellent post … I agree … other than the chandler part. He started his nut job act here ..didn’t it escalate after ?

BB was too old to relate to the younger players. I've been proven correct on that.
Did Christian Gonzalez tell you that one?

Nothing has been proven. Mayo has done nothing but paint and carpet his office.
The rest of the league agreed.
Kraft has delegated the responsibilities vacated by Bill to Wolf and Mayo. That's what he does, as the owner.
You posted this little nugget in another thread blaming BB for all the front office strife and problems.

You have me confused with somebody else. It was never going to be easy rebuilding from the disaster Bill left the offense in.
Nope.

If we spend the most guaranteed money in FAcy like in '21, 9 wins. Spend, spend, spend.

You were at 9 wins just a month ago and now you just posted in a current thread that we are looking at 3 years before the sun shines again. HAHA funny man.
I've been right here. You're the one that disappeared once Mac was traded and your BS take of Bob running everything was exposed for what it was, ********.
I took a sabbatical after JAGoby was signed up. What a joke.

I was expecting big moves after reading your propaganda.

You on the other hand have been absent after blaming BB for being cheap and now you're preaching patience and a 2 year rebuild. Why aren't you calling out Wolfie for being a penny pincher? Because Bob Kraft controls the check writing thats why. GM Bob and that is why Wolfie did not get the job title.

Did Christian Gonzalez tell you that one?

Nothing has been proven. Mayo has done nothing but paint and carpet his office.
The players said Bill wasn't relating to the players. Mayo relates to the players.

You posted this little nugget in another thread blaming BB for all the front office strife and problems.
Bill got fired, among other reasons, for his poor FO decisions.

Nope.
You were at 9 wins just a month ago and now you just posted in a current thread that we are looking at 3 years before the sun shines again. HAHA funny man.
I've been saying since before FAcy began, 7 to 9 wins. I stand by that, even today.

I took a sabbatical after JAGoby was signed up. What a joke.
Lol, sure you did.

I was expecting big moves after reading your propaganda.

You on the other hand have been absent after blaming BB for being cheap
I never blamed Belichick for being cheap. I haven't been absent. I was absent last season when I stopped posting from the SB to late August.

and now you're preaching patience and a 2 year rebuild.
I was hoping for certain signings. It didn't materialize, but regardless, it was always going to be a multi-year rebuild. I don't believe in miracles.

Why aren't you calling out Wolfie for being a penny pincher? Because Bob Kraft controls the check writing thats why. GM Bob and that is why Wolfie did not get the job title.
I'm not calling out Wolf because his job isn't done yet. So far, I'm satisfied with his moves. There's still plenty of moves to be made. Draft is >month away. As the owner, Bob will always control check writing. Wolf can't get the job until they go through Rooney rule. I suspect, this is a trial run for him. We'll see what happens.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back