PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian: Colts had high grade on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... sure ya did, Bill.

I think he is thinking about the regrading the draft he probably read 3 years later... and now mixes it up with his own.

Bill Polyin' lyin' again. Every time this dink opens his mouth **** comes flying out of it like a fire hose. Just STFU for 6 seconds.
it has to be a blow to the ego that you are quickly forgotten, unless you are trying to keep yourself relevant. Not everyone can manage that "life" transition easily and his BSPN expertise must not be doing enough for him. It appears, even getting into the HoF doesn't provide that "rush" that football gives you.

No, Brady eventually would've won the job. It just might have taken longer. BB has said that Brady outplayed Bledsoe in the 2001 preseason.

That was reported but not directly quoted during summer camp 2001.
I went to camp in Smithfield a few times that summer.
I do not follow college ball and would not have known Brady from anyone but it was absolutely clear to me that the tall skinny kid at QB in the summer of 2001 had a better command of the offense, could throw screen passes (Drew's achilles heel) and could read defenses. He did outplay Drew. This was before Drew lost the opening game to a then pathetic Bengals and tossed the game losing pick against the Jets in the 9/11 delayed game 2, which I was also at. That game featured the Tuck rule negating a "fumble" recovery from a "sack" of Testaverde.

As to the topic, Polian is a self-aggrandizing liar.

Every time that jerk opens his mouth it makes me wonder why some of the biggest dopes end up in the HOF. Sapp, Carter and now Polian. Eeeeeuuuuwwwwww!!!!!!! Don't they have even a marginal conduct clause?

I hate to have to tell all of you but I had Brady on my draft sheet as the first overall pick that year and spent the rest of the draft screaming at every team that passed on him at least five times. Now you know how good a NFL wizard I am. Polian got nothing on me. ;)

Gotta call ******** on Polian here. If you have a first round grade on a QB, you take him before the sixth round no matter who your starter is, because if nothing else you get a good backup for four years on a bargain contract. The Packers took Brett Hundley in the fifth round this year, and nobody on the planet had a first round grade on him. I guess by Polian's logic that means they aren't satisfied with that Aaron Rodgers guy and are in the QB market.

This is just more "look at me, I'm the smartest guy in the room if you ignore how I couldn't draft for **** my last 5 years in the league" nonsense from Polian.

Guys, I watched The Brady Six too, I know what BB said ;) But nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. And even if BB was thinking about starting Brady, it's a pretty big call to bench the most expensive QB in the league. And even if he had, there's no guarantee Brady would have developed the same way.

What if Brady got the start later on in the season? Does he get the same chance to learn on the job on easy mode? Brady played 6 games against teams that would finish the season with a losing record out of his first 9 starts, winning the 6 games against losing teams and losing all 3 against teams .500 or better. If he started later in the season, would it have been the same?

What if he hadn't started by the time the Rams game came around, would he be as ready for the Super Bowl to pull off one of the great upsets of all-time?

Maybe. Maybe not. But I don't think it's guaranteed that Brady would have been a future first-ballot HOFer in any circumstances, even with BB. If he'd gone 2-2 instead of 11-4 to start his career, does it all work out the same way? I don't know, but I don't think we'll ever see another career like Brady's.

I really do think it was a foregone conclusion, because we have a 15 year track record of Belichick giving the job to who he feels is the better player. It's what he does and has always done. If anything, Brady had a leg up on account of being cheaper and Bledsoe having trade value. And the fact that Belichick carried 4 QBs in 2000 means he definitely had at least some idea of what he had in Brady. There was no way he was going to let him go on account of not realizing what kind of player he was.

I do not follow college ball and would not have known Brady from anyone but it was absolutely clear to me that the tall skinny kid at QB in the summer of 2001 had a better command of the offense, could throw screen passes (Drew's achilles heel) and could read defenses. He did outplay Drew. This was before Drew lost the opening game to a then pathetic Bengals and tossed the game losing pick against the Jets in the 9/11 delayed game 2, which I was also at. That game featured the Tuck rule negating a "fumble" recovery from a "sack" of Testaverde.
BB did say it, though, sometime after the fact. It was on camera in one of the documentaries, don't recall which one.

As to the topic, Polian is a self-aggrandizing liar.

This is the first time i can say this and actually mean it....Cool story bro. Must have been awesome to see brady in camp and have him turn your head a little before anyone knew who he was.

I was not alone. BIG wars on USENET followed between the Bledsoe Krishnas and the Brady's Ladies like myself. My wife had tossed in the towel on Drew a couple years previously.
Once she saw young Tommy Boy on TV after a game the moaning & swooning continued unabated.
I think Drew epitomizes what a classy former Pats player should be.
Fortunately, there are many other fine exemplars.

evidenced by all the banner in Lucas Oil Stadium.

2770985975_c5ac514071_z.jpg

You think they'll raise an "Almost Picked Tom Brady" banner?

I was not alone. BIG wars on USENET followed between the Bledsoe Krishnas and the Brady's Ladies like myself. My wife had tossed in the towel on Drew a couple years previously.
Once she saw young Tommy Boy on TV after a game the moaning & swooning continued unabated.
I think Drew epitomizes what a classy former Pats player should be.
Fortunately, there are many other fine exemplars.

I remember the Brady/Bledsoe war like it was yesterday. Hard to believe that it was 15 years ago.

Even after Brady led the Pats to their first ever SB win, the Bledsholes were still upset and felt that Drew could have done it too. I thought it was obvious that Brady was better.

In spite of how it must have hurt Drew, he kept his support showing for the team after he was benched. Without that classy move the Pats would have been split apart in the locker room.

Isn't Polian the same guy that picked Curtis Painter with the 201st pick in the 2009 draft?

Polian...the same guy who said he takes goodell at his word because he is stand up..HAHAHA

So which team is paying for his genius now?

Isn't Polian the same guy that picked Curtis Painter with the 201st pick in the 2009 draft?

He only had a second round grade on him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST