PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick will meet with the media today at 9:30 a.m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick said that they were going to inflate the ball to 13.5 from here on out. When someone tells him after an early October game down in Miami that the balls were overinflated during the game, what will he say then? o_O Ha ha ha ha.

As long as the pats didn't monkey with the balls AFTER giving them to the rref, then they're off the hook.

Ball boy knew brady likes them soft and made sure to inflate them in a warm room.

IF Brady comes out and say he knew all about about it. Learned from hes personal trainer and baseball, that Cold weather lowers the pressur in balls and he on purpose pumped them to 12.5, knowing they would "Loose" air afterwards since the ball will be moved outside. If he do so, then he puts all blames on him, NOT Patriots, AND didnt cheat, BUT knew what the result would be. Doubt he do so, but i would respect him even more afterwards.

If 12.5 is the standard why would having them pumped to 12.5 imply malicious intent?

Anyone who thinks that Belichick threw Brady under the bus doesn't realize that Brady knew everything Belichick was saying and will expand on it. I don't think anything Belichick said was a lie, everything both he and Brady say today went through Stacy James and discussed extensively internally.

That was a brilliant slap at the Colts. I hope the Colts recognized it as such.
Since it appears that they spent at least part of the AFC Championship Game trying to "nail" those bastard Patriots on a minor issue (with help from their friends the Ravens) instead of concentrating on the most important game of their football lives, I doubt it.

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't BB's denial indicate the Pats have never been warned about under inflated footballs?

Did people actually believe that nonsense?

Since it appears that they spent at least part of the AFC Championship Game trying to "nail" those bastard Patriots on a minor issue (with help from their friends the Ravens) instead of concentrating on the most important game of their football lives, I doubt it.

Well said. Subtlety is always lost on mouth breathers.

As long as the pats didn't monkey with the balls AFTER giving them to the rref, then they're off the hook.

Ball boy knew brady likes them soft and made sure to inflate them in a warm room.

I don't think the ball boys inflate them. I assume that is done by the equipment manager or one of his assistants.

... and NFL Network will now show the entire news conference again.

Yup, on a loop. Must be LaVarr's lunch break.
Anyone who thinks that Belichick threw Brady under the bus doesn't realize that Brady knew everything Belichick was saying and will expand on it. I don't think anything Belichick said was a lie, everything both he and Brady say today went through Stacy James and discussed extensively internally.

Listening to the press conference yet again, I 100% agree.

No, he's not throwing Tom under a bus at all. I have not inferred that from any of his comments.

Coming in very late here, but when has he ever thrown any player on his team under the bus?

Sure, he's thrown Freddie Mitchell, Anthony Smith, etc., under the bus, but they're not his guys.

Agreed. I fully believe that Brady is going to come out and say that he likes the balls inflated to the low end of the NFL scale, so that's what they were and that neither he nor anyone else touched the balls again until it was during the game. He won't know either how they got below the standard except as everyone else would guess, because of the weather and the pounding they were taking during the game. When he was notified at half time that there was a problem the refs substituted a new set of balls (or reinflated the old ones, not sure which) and he went out and played the rest of the game. Period.

That was a brilliant slap at the Colts. I hope the Colts recognized it as such.

They won't. It was this garbage team that complained 10 years ago that the pats were too rough on the colts receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back