PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick will meet with the media today at 9:30 a.m

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, didn't read whole thread...but why did Bellichick talk so much in depth about how crappy their practice balls are. Secondly, why admit to having PSI a little higher in the future? If the requirement before game is 12.5 PSI minimum and the refs OK it, the teams are supposed to try to guess how the weather conditions might effect the PSI every game? That seems silly. Why not just state that the balls where set to legal standards before the game?

Because Belichick has spent an entire career tesching his players that all extraneous conditions are irrelevant and that all that matters is how they do their jobs. He used bad weather, bad press, and bad balls to tech n players how to block out everything they cannot control, so why would he then try to micromanage the air pressure in a ball when he has spent so much time teaching them it is of no consequence. It would fly directly in the face of everything he had taught for forty years.

Love him or hate him Belichick had a nothing to do with this.

True. Why did he talk at all? WHy didn't he just go up there and mime his innocence? SOMETHING IS OFF I TELL YOU IM ON THE CASE.

Now you are just being a troll *******.

Now you are just being a troll *******.
...I was making fun of the other poster's pretty inane suspicions over Belichick's very strong remarks. Chill out.

What are the chances the NFL just comes out and says they received a complaint from the Colts, investigated it, found that the balls were below 12.5 PSI but there is no evidence that the Patriots had anything to do with it. They will clarify the rules on pressure in the off season. The NFL hasn't painted themselves in a corner yet, unidentified sources and the press has.

Indeed, and perhaps if the team doing the complaining was made publicly known, it might just deter such a silly complaint from being registered in the first place .... thereby eliminating embarrassment to the league as was just witnessed.

BB stated "I’ve told you everything I know", "I have no explanation for what happened" to virtually every single question he was asked. This is not classic 'we're on to <fill in team name> BB?
As far as his prepared opening statement, agreed, it was not overly classic BB. It was a bit more effusive and detailed than normal. We learned the profound details of: he has no idea about football inflation or pregame handling, he trains his players hard, this <phony> scandal was a great surprise to him, going forward they'll pump more air into the ball, and he doesn't whine about losing.
Exactly which things you learned from his prepared statement are striking and lead one to believe "this got to him"?
it was more the tone of the whole thing, which is clearly subject to individual interpretation, on which we apparently disagree.

it was based on the scenario of the current information being accurate.......11 balls will not get from 12.5psi to 10.5psi on a 50 degree day without external action.........not going to happen. completely separate from whether 10.5psi is accurate or not.

Why don't you post your math? I'll be happy to point out where you're wrong. To get a drop from 12.5 to 10.5 psi gauge pressure, you need about a 25deg celsius temperature difference, not unreasonable (always ignoring that there are zero confirmed facts).

25C = 45F....given it was 51 degrees at gametime .....it would require the balls to be filled at 96F....based on your math

25C = 45F....given it was 51 degrees at gametime .....it would require the balls to be filled at 96F....based on your math

Air comes out of a compressor at 100 degrees it is being reported

Air comes out of a compressor at 100 degrees it is being reported

I have 2 compressors...one small pancake and one 30 gallon to drive ratchets......neither produces 100F air

as air is compressed it heats.....as it exits the compressor, it cools

I have 2 compressors...one small pancake and one 30 gallon to drive ratchets......neither produces 100F air

as air is compressed it heats.....as it exits the compressor, it cools

And that is kind of the point that it cools as it is let out. Also don't discount that the Patriots intentionally use heated air knowing it will deflate as it cools after inspection. Not against the rules at all.

What was the temperature at halftime, right before the supposed 10.5psi measurement? If the temperature difference could explain 90% of the discrepancy I doubt there'd be much of a "scandal" left.

Let's see what Brady says in 30min. If he doesn't admit to tampering after the referees signed off on the balls, I don't think the NFL has anything.

it was more the tone of the whole thing, which is clearly subject to individual interpretation, on which we apparently disagree.

no, not entirely. I agree with you that his tone was not the same. Its "getting to him" that I'm not so sure about it. if they got to him I would think it would throw him off and he wouldn't be robotic in his Q&A.

Either way, no big deal. Big issue is the whole "scandal" is beginning to fall apart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back