PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick vs. Bruce Arians - style contrast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Arians is a guy who likes to blame everyone else when something goes wrong.

The rhetoric out of AZ that came after that game was astounding. Ariens threw the kicker and several players under the bus. The GM was throwing players under the bus. Bidwell was throwing players, coaches and the FO under the bus.

In 30 years of really following the NFL I can never recall a team taking a Week One loss the same way as if the lost they Super Bowl.

Even the early 90s Buffalo Bills or the 07 or 2011 Pats didn't whine, ***** and self-destruct publicly after a devastating loss as much as these weak-minded, amateur-hour, clowns.

Last edited:
The rhetoric out of AZ that came after that game was astounding. Ariens threw the kicker and several players under the bus. The GM was throwing players under the bus. Bidwell was throwing players, coaches and the FO under the bus.

In 30 years of following the NFL I can never recall a team taking a Week One loss the same way as if the lost they Super Bowl.

Even the early 90s Buffalo Bills or the 07 or 2011 Pats didn't whine, ***** and self-destruct publicly after a devastating loss as much as these weak-minded, amateur-hour, clowns.

With Gronk, Brady, Solder, Vollmer all out, they thought they had already won the game before it started. The reality sent them into shock. That was their response.

That and the donkeys game were my favourite games of the regular season.

In 30 years of following the NFL I can never recall a team taking a Week One loss the same way as if the lost they Super Bowl.

Yeah I totally lost all respect for Arians after that game. I remember my mind being boggled by what he said. What a loser.

Soft, that's all I can say.

This is equal to the following hypothetical:

The Patriots lose SB51. At a later date BB is interviewed and his response is "I think the biggest reason was the LG fumble early in the game and then falling behind 28-3".

Yeah I totally lost all respect for Arians after that game. I remember my mind being boggled by what he said. What a loser.

.....and he hasn't learned a goddamn thing. They lost because they we not as good of a team. Mentally and didn't execute and focus on what it took to win.

So because his team lost he can't possibly blame himself. Instead he started the whole ball rolling by throwing his players under the bus and the rest of the organization followed. Arrogant prick.

The right approach should have been..."We didn't play well. They beat us in all 3 phases. All we can do is turn the page, play as a team and get ready for X".

As boring, dry, dull and monotonous he is, we are freaking blessed he is the HC of the NEP.

Last edited:
Patriots: We crush your souls.

Seahawks still fighting each other about Malcolm Butler. Rams dynasty fell apart before it started. Houston varsity jackets become a laughing stock. So many other examples. Big Ben almost retired in the off-season. Now this.

We don't just beat you. We make sure you keep losing after we beat you.

As an opponent the Patriots force you to play almost perfect and they chisel away at you with the pain of a 1000 paper cuts for 60 minutes.

All these teams that think they have more talent, the better game plan, they made more plays....bla bla bla...been hearing for 17 years now.

Teams just lose their minds when they lose to the NEP. They are so in teams heads.

Its hilarious.

It wasn't all that long ago that many (including myself) considered Arians to be the second best head coach in the NFL.
Obviously that was incorrect.

He's a media "darling". Throw a player under the bus and hand PFT a quote like that makes their jobs 10 times easier. Not many good coaches but John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy and Pete Carrol are 5 times the Coach over this assclown.

.....and he hasn't learned a goddamn thing. They lost because they we not as good of a team. Mentally and didn't execute and focus on what it took to win.

So because his team lost he can't possibly blame himself. Instead he started the whole ball rolling by throwing his players under the bus and the rest of the organization followed. Arrogant prick.

The right approach should have been..."We didn't play well. They beat us in all 3 phases. All we can do is turn the page, play as a team and get ready for X".

As boring, dry, dull and monotonous he is, we are freaking blessed he is the HC of the NEP.

Not every coach has to mimic Belichick.

Of course not but they sure as hell would be wise to adopt his philosophy on how to be mentally tough and move on after a loss.

Of course not but they sure as hell would be wise to adopt his philosophy on how to be mentally tough and move on after a loss.

Do I really need to pull up the video of BB, in 2009, talking about how he couldn't get the team to play? Are people here really so far gone that they don't get that this **** can happen to any team, and any coach?

Do I really need to pull up the video of BB, in 2009, talking about how he couldn't get the team to play? Are people here really so far gone that they don't get that this **** can happen to any team, and any coach?

Perspective.

BB's idea of a crappy, unmotivated team is a Bruce Ariens' wet dream.

BB gets what it takes to win and run a team when a team isn't at its most-efficient best.

Ariens does not.

Ariens would be tickled to death with a 10-6, Wild Card team and a home playoff game in January.

For BB is sub-standard.

Thats why it's BB and the next coach several notches below him.

Last edited:

Of course not. There's plenty of NFL hcs I have much respect for.
But he threw his players under the bus. That is unforgivable. I can't recall another current hc doing that. Was reminiscent of when Peyton did the same to his oline after another Pats playoff beatdown. But at least manning apologized later. And it's even worse for a hc to do it than a QB. Go back and check out his quotes after that game. Indefensible and a total lack of leadership.

Cowboys, Pats & the Giants started 0-2 & won SB's. Furthermore, the Patriots were embarassed in two ( 01,03) of the openers. The whole Tom Jackson "Quit" on the coach talk started after the Buffalo disaster.

It says alot about a franchise to be so "Crushed" over a week one loss, that they couldn't respond.

Arians will need to do alot to climb back near the top of best coaches.

Good grief!!

He gets a Participation Banner through ASSociation.

So I'm guessing this happened on GMFB this morning since Arians was on it apparently?

Of course not. There's plenty of NFL hcs I have much respect for.
But he threw his players under the bus. That is unforgivable. I can't recall another current hc doing that.

Coaches do it all the time. Parcells, Tomlin, Jay Gruden, and on and on and on.

In 30 years of really following the NFL I can never recall a team taking a Week One loss the same way as if the lost they Super Bowl.

Not even the Texans freaked out that way and they lost to a 3rd stringer rookie QB in a shut out 27-0 :D

Last edited:
So I'm guessing this happened on GMFB this morning since Arians was on it apparently?

What does that mean? They are better defensively than how they are perceived and not as good offensively as the perception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back