Status
Not open for further replies.
Revert back to the 2003 NFL Draft:

Ty Warren - rotational defensive lineman/started 4/16 games
Eugene Wilson - starting free safety 15/16 games
Bethel Johnson - primary kick returner
Asante Samuel - starting slot cornerback
Dan Koppen - starting center 15/16 games

In 2003, five rookies contributed to the success of the New England Patriots as either a starter, a rotational player, or special teams player.

In the 2012 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots have four picks in the top 62 as opposed to the standard three picks in the top 96.

There have been some exceptional draft classes. We've recently seen one in the past couple of yrs. We've also had drafts like 2006, 2007, and 2011--where only a player or two contributed on any level.

That doesn't mean that anyone should be 'counting' on the production of 5-6 draftees.

It rarely happens.

You have your thoughts about it, and I'll have mine. We don't need to agree.

I will be more than happy to have the contribution of 3 players in the upcoming draft. That's very realistic. With the addition of Dowling and Vereen, who are 2 incredibly high picks from last yr, three players could prove to be huge. That would already be 5 new players contributing, which is already pretty rare--although 2 of them are from last year. We'll also have players contribute via free agency.

Expecting 5-6 draft players to contribute this year is hoping for the world, in my opinion.

You're setting yourself up to be quite unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back