PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben: Tom Brady is best QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the taping helped.

Then there's the simple fact that such an activity was always legal, and taping from the sidelines was also legal until after the Pats won all their championships.

They broke no rules when winning titles, hence there is nothing to talk about other than getting caught and punished in week 1 in 2007.

There were no tapes for Carolina and Philly. They didn't play those teams in those years.

Of course the taping helped.

Then there's the simple fact that such an activity was always legal, and taping from the sidelines was also legal until after the Pats won all their championships.

They broke no rules when winning titles, hence there is nothing to talk about other than getting caught and punished in week 1 in 2007.

They had no tape on Carolina and Philly.

Are you seriously this dense?

In order to get help from a tape, you need a tape. How can you make a tape when you haven't played the team that year? And in the case of Carolina, you've never ever played the Fox coached Carolina team?

Are you seriously this dense?

There was no tape because they didn't play Carolina before! Is that seriously so hard to understand?

No I am not as dense as you would like to believe I am. The density I don't get is those were not the only teams they played that year to win the super bowl. I have no clue what tapes they had on who. I have no idea how often teams change signals. I don't know how much of a difference it made. I do know that there is no way he would have been doing it if it didn't matter and didn't help. I am not that dense.

*rolls eyes*

weak... very weak.

You've got about 24 hours left of this schtick being easy and then you're going to have to gradually up your game. See: Pessimistic Pete for a negative nancy gimmick poster subtle enough to work.

No I am not as dense as you would like to believe I am. The density I don't get is those were not the only teams they played that year to win the super bowl. I have no clue what tapes they had on who. I have no idea how often teams change signals. I don't know how much of a difference it made. I do know that there is no way he would have been doing it if it didn't matter and didn't help. I am not that dense.

Holy cow, you are full troll now. You're changing the topic. is the story that the Patriots have trouble getting to conference championships without tapes? Obviously that's not true. Is the story that the Patriots used gametapes in 2 of the games? You're backing off now that you realize the Patriots hadn't played them.

Here's the hilarious one. You don't know how often teams changed signals. Well, the last time the Patriots had played the Panthers, George Seifert was the coach.

I suppose you're going to tell me now that you are unaware whether a new coach (like Fox) will change the signals of the old coach! Never mind the fact that the signals can be seen on gametape from the league (they are just not synched up).

You are aware that it's WHERE the Pats taped that was illegal, right? You are aware that most people in the stadium can see those signals, right? You are aware that this was a minor infraction of the rules that the media blew up, right? You are aware that this team didn't deserve to lose a first round pick, right?

Holy cow, you are full troll now. You're changing the topic. is the story that the Patriots have trouble getting to conference championships without tapes? Obviously that's not true. Is the story that the Patriots used gametapes in 2 of the games? You're backing off now that you realize the Patriots hadn't played them.

He's no troll. He's been a Pats fan since Tet '68. He said as much. Don't let the 5 posts per minute, all apparently negative, over a matter of days fool you into believing otherwise. Dedicated Pats fan. Committed to the cause. Here for reasonable discussion and to profess his love of the team.

I'll reserve judgement until Brandon Merriweather offers his take on Big Ben and his comments

There were no tapes for Carolina and Philly. They didn't play those teams in those years.

Right... I was just referring to in general.

Anyway even if there was, it doesn't matter because that taping was completely legal at the time. A fact that haters seem to ignore.

I came on here thinking "Pats fans might actually appreciate Roethlisberger sharing some love, even if it's just sports-talk." and then I realized I was being silly.

C'mon, guys.

I came on here thinking "Pats fans might actually appreciate Roethlisberger sharing some love, even if it's just sports-talk." and then I realized I was being silly.

C'mon, guys.

Why the holy Hell would I give a rapist credit for giving my QB credit? **** Ben.

I guess that ends my time on here this week.

Good luck this week guys!

No, feel free to stick around and talk football. Seriously. Just don't expect many people to give that ***hole props, especially when what he said is completely self-serving.

No, feel free to stick around and talk football. Seriously. Just don't expect many people to give that ***hole props, especially when what he said is completely self-serving.

That's fair. There are quite a few Steelers fans that don't necessarily like Ben the person, but love Ben the Quarterback. I'm not sure if I fall into that category, but I don't know if I'd have a beer with the guy. There's really no one else I'd rather have under center though.

BTW, I never got the argument that the Pats have not won the Super Bowl since Spygate that Ryan Clark is arguing. Basically all of the Pats' Super Bowls came down to the last drive of the game.

Exactly. I was talking to my wife about this last night. All 5 Super Bowls runs were decided by the smallest of margins which I called "the breaks". We got the breaks on the tuck rule and Donovan McNabb's sickness at the end of the game. We didn't get the breaks on a dropped interception and a dropped pass in the last 2 Super Bowl appearances. (These are just a few examples of the breaks in these games; there are plenty more.)

It really is a very small margin that people magnify out of all proportion because they focus on the end result and ignore a lot of the process. The 2007 team was clearly one of the best teams of all times and had we gotten (or made or own) breaks, it would be widely recognized as such. But it didn't work out that way so their place in history dropped off a cliff. Such is life.

Exactly. I was talking to my wife about this last night. All 5 Super Bowls runs were decided by the smallest of margins which I called "the breaks". We got the breaks on the tuck rule and Donovan McNabb's sickness at the end of the game. We didn't get the breaks on a dropped interception and a dropped pass in the last 2 Super Bowl appearances. (These are just a few examples of the breaks in these games; there are plenty more.)

It really is a very small margin that people magnify out of all proportion because they focus on the end result and ignore a lot of the process. The 2007 team was clearly one of the best teams of all times and had we gotten (or made or own) breaks, it would be widely recognized as such. But it didn't work out that way so their place in history dropped off a cliff. Such is life.

^ This

And the break on Kasay kicking the ball out of bounds after the Panthers tie the game giving us great field position for Vinatieri's game winner.

3 close Super Bowl wins. They were due to lose a couple of close ones.

He always says that when he plays the pats(although very true).Both teams are extremely leaky, the only difference is their records. Brady and Ben have almost identical stats, both quarterback look awful this year.Fortunately for Brady his win column wasn't too badly affected,Ben on the other hand is not so fortunate.It should be another close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back