PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben had a "severe" setback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly correct. Roethlisberger was a Cigar Store Indian in the shotgun in SF and was intercepted three times in a 20-3 loss. If the Broncos stay committed to a pass rush and keep the receivers in front of them, they can win this game.

Mendenhall played in that game and only ran the ball 15 times for 64 yards because they had to keep him in to block and the 49ers did a good job of keeping a linebacker on him. Without Mendenhall, the Steelers are in even greater danger of losing a low-scoring game.

Tim Tebow is a bit player in this one. It's up to the Broncos defense to take control of this game and get some takeaways from an injured QB and back-up RB.

SF abused the Steelers offensive tackles in that game. If Denver has that type of success, then the Steelers are going to have to shorten their routes and that should allow for an opportunity or three for the Denver DB's to jump a few routes.

If Denver can win the turnover battle (espically with some pick six's), they might have a shot in this game.

Last edited:
SF abused the Steelers offensive tackles in that game. If Denver has that type of success, then the Steelers are going to have to shorten their routes and that should allow for an opportunity or three for the Denver DB's to jump a few routes.

If Denver can win the turnover battle (espically with some pick six's), they might have a shot in this game.

I think that is the only shot they have. The Denver defense needs to score at least 1 TD and set up their offense once or twice on a very short field to get them in the End Zone. I can't see Denver putting together multiple 60+ yard TD drives against Pit.

Is anyone here REALLY scared of Pitt? I mean, I will definitely take the gift if Cincinnati wins, but I really think we can take care of Pitt at Foxborough, and that would shut a lot of the haters up.

Is anyone here REALLY scared of Pitt? I mean, I will definitely take the gift if Cincinnati wins, but I really think we can take care of Pitt at Foxborough, and that would shut a lot of the haters up.

For me it's more about wanting to see Pitt vs Balt. I have a hard time, no matter what the injuries are for Pitt, seeing that not being a tough game for both teams. I think that's more advantageous to the Pats, but I'm with you in thinking the Pats can handle anyone as long as they take care of business.

I agree.

I would like nothing more but to knock them out of the playoffs. They win one game in forever against us and now everybody is "ascared" of them. Please

I'd just like a return to those good old early 21st century days when Belichick was the one pulling the "trick" to win big games. Since those halcyon days we've been the ones tricked if only for a game, e.g. the Phins Wildmeowser, last January's Jets and the Squealers just this season. This playoff run would be a great time to unveil something innovative to cover up the talent dearth on defense.

You forgot the Browns from 2010 and the simple yet effective pass rush in SB 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft