PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben had a "severe" setback

Status
Not open for further replies.
To avoid having to potentially go to Baltimore and New England to get to the SB? :confused:

And if Cincy had beaten Baltimore Sunday, which was entirely possible, given the results of the first meeting in Baltimore and Baltimore's tendancy to poop themselves on the road, coupled with a Pats loss would have given the Steelers the #1 seed. Its not as if he had nothing to play for. And given the injury situation getting the Bye and HFA maybe the only chance they had of making it to the SB.

So you would risk aggrevating the injury and in turn not having ur QB at 100% for the playoffs just for better seeding?
Remember the steelers won their last superbowl as a wildcard team, they could have made the playoffs and rested Ben at the same time and then have him back to normal health and ready for the playoffs

Last edited:
Not sure where they got "severe." They just showed it on NFL32, and Ben just said he tweaked it a bit, but expects to play.

People keep saying "a hobbled Big Ben" and a bad O-line and an injured Woodley, etc, etc, and that the Pats have "owned" the Steelers.

But they'll be a tough out regardless. Whatever his many faults, Ben shows up in the playoffs, and that is one tough D any day of the week.

He needs to stop having sex standing up ... what an idiot.

So you would risk aggrevating the injury and in turn not having ur QB at 100% for the playoffs just for better seeding?
Remember the steelers won their last superbowl as a wildcard team, they could have made the playoffs and rested Ben at the same time and then have him back to normal health and ready for the playoffs

I don't think Ben would have been fully healthy even if he had sat out on Sunday. And then going on the road for three games, where they haven't been at their best all season. Going 5-3 on the road with losses to the Ravens, 49rs and Houston - nothing to be ashamed of in those losses. But then you factor in close wins against the likes of Indy (with Painter), Arizona, KC (with Palko), and Cleveland twice. Not so impressive and then figure that NE and Baltimore are a combined 15-1 at home.

Tomlin knew he needed at least the bye to have a chance at the SB and he went all out for it. IMO, the NFL, by forcing the teams vying for the same carrott to play at the same time, has got it right. If Baltimore and NE both win before the Steelers played, then Big Ben sits. But, because the division and the bye was still on the line when they took the field, made it so that he had to play.

The Steelers season was doomed as soon NE and Baltimore won. They should beat Denver and then they will lose against either team they play divisional weekend.

Last edited:
I think Ben himself is the source of the "severe" setback news. What a d-bag, what player actually let's out injury news before a playoff game? He's a drama queen extraordinaire.

They now probably only have to beat 1 good team to get to the SB. if big ben was healthy there is no way they get to the superbowl by beating the ravens and steelers.

Sure there is. The Ravens and the Steelers are not great teams. They're both good but nothing special. This notion that the Patriots can't beat both (especialy at home) is pure nonsense.

I think Ben himself is the source of the "severe" setback news. What a d-bag, what player actually let's out injury news before a playoff game? He's a drama queen extraordinaire.

With Favre retired, Ben is doing his best to take his spot in the drama department...

Ben is the biggest drama queen out there, he will limp around like he was shot just for the publicity. He will be fine, Steelers win going away.

Not sure where they got "severe." They just showed it on NFL32, and Ben just said he tweaked it a bit, but expects to play.

People keep saying "a hobbled Big Ben" and a bad O-line and an injured Woodley, etc, etc, and that the Pats have "owned" the Steelers.

But they'll be a tough out regardless. Whatever his many faults, Ben shows up in the playoffs, and that is one tough D any day of the week.

Your right. Reading some of these posts it is obvious that some have a hard time separating the player from the character.
If I'm Tomlin, I sit Big Ben against Denver so he will have a week to heal for the next game. Anyone who watched the Steelers play the 49er's on Monday night with the #1 seed on the line, knows that Big Ben was hurting and probably is still hurt.

Last edited:
I don't think Ben would have been fully healthy even if he had sat out on Sunday. And then going on the road for three games, where they haven't been at their best all season. Going 5-3 on the road with losses to the Ravens, 49rs and Houston - nothing to be ashamed of in those losses. But then you factor in close wins against the likes of Indy (with Painter), Arizona, KC (with Palko), and Cleveland twice. Not so impressive and then figure that NE and Baltimore are a combined 15-1 at home.

Tomlin knew he needed at least the bye to have a chance at the SB and he went all out for it. IMO, the NFL, by forcing the teams vying for the same carrott to play at the same time, has got it right. If Baltimore and NE both win before the Steelers played, then Big Ben sits. But, because the division and the bye was still on the line when they took the field, made it so that he had to play.

The Steelers season was doomed as soon NE and Baltimore won. They should beat Denver and then they will lose against either team they play divisional weekend.

Dilfer mentioned that he'd had the same injury while he played. He called it an injury that heals by March.

Lets remember that rapistburger is a drama queen and thrives on attention (except when camera's were following him during his multiple rape cases) and this could also be strategy. I also don't see him having to work too hard to beat Denver. KC just beat Tebow and Pitt should have no trouble shutting him down and posting enough points to win......I expect to see Pitt in Foxboro.....don't u?

"I BELIEVE Ben Rothlisberger!!!"...also included in this fun Sci-Fi package..."I Met Bigfoot and He Kicked My Azz" and "Unicorns I've Ridden and Pigs With Wings I've Seen"....

98.5 just reported that big ben had a severe setback in Cleveland... What that means I'm not sure. But his status could mean a Patriots superbowl appearance.

Anyone have any news?

The woman he tried forcing into the Convenience Store mens room kicked him in the testicle.

Lets remember that rapistburger is a drama queen and thrives on attention (except when camera's were following him during his multiple rape cases) and this could also be strategy. I also don't see him having to work too hard to beat Denver. KC just beat Tebow and Pitt should have no trouble shutting him down and posting enough points to win......I expect to see Pitt in Foxboro.....don't u?

I agree that Big Ben is a big drama queen and this is for strategy/attention. There is no way he doesn't play. That being said, I don't know if I expect them in Foxboro or not. I expect the Bengals in the 1st round, and I am not sure Pittsburgh gets by the Ravens even though I expect them to get by the Broncos.

Dilfer mentioned that he'd had the same injury while he played. He called it an injury that heals by March.

You won't really hurt it any more by playing on it. I had a similar injury going through AIT while I was in the Army and I participated fully in PT, it hurt and it slowed my 2-mile run time by a minute or so. I'm sure it slowed the healing process down, but it allowed me to take my final PT and get the hell out of there on time.

His ankle took a nasty roll and it is obviously causing accuracy issues for him. Not to mention it has limited the biggest part of his game and that line simply cannot protect him.

If it weren't for Denver's inept offense I would give them a better than 50% chance going into this game, with Avril and Miller living in the backfield. I just don't know if they can score enough to pull it out. I think they need 17 points. But who knows maybe Tebow "pulls the trigger" and Decker and co. make some plays in the passing game. I'm not holding my breath.

Nope, I expect to see Cincy in Foxboro.....

I heard he pissed down his leg again.

The guy is a prima donna, have you ever heard another QB talk about his injury status as much as him? Remember when he "broke his thumb" only to find out after taking x-rays that he really didn't?

And according to local media in Pitt he didn't start his limp until he walked past an ESPN crew.....

Thank you. I totally agree. Rapelisberger is a f'in wuss. Remember after the SB they won where stunk up the joint and he was interviewed afterwards saying somethin like "what I just did in that game was historic". What an ASS! He's not hurt, he's just trying to build in an apology for why he's going to stink in playoffs like always. I PRAY we get to play Squeelers in playoffs because Ravens are the tougher team.

espn says little set back

The Pats are fully capable of beating both, and it's very possible. The Pats are 27 and 6 in the last two seasons. That is a team that is capable of beating both of those teams back to back. Would they lose potentially?? Sure they could, but lets not sell the Pats short as far as what they're capable of.

exactly.. even if they had to play Pitt and Baltimore back to back if I had to bet I would put my money on the Pats. But I wouldn't be comfortable with it.. but I just think there the class of the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes