PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost impossible to root against Drew Brees.

Good luck to the Saints...cool city with some very loyal fans.

I really wish it was Cards @ Vikes and Cowboys @ Saints so I could clearly root for and against one team in each game.

Good luck in winning it all.

Nice to have you back. Good luck against Arizona tomorrow, and hope you go all the way. I've been rooting for you:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/312902-poll-who-you-rooting.html (see post #3)

This clearly wasn't our year. Up to the Saints game this team teased us with the possibility of being an elite team, but it became clear from that point on that this team had bigger issues than we have been used to seeing from a BB team late in the season. I really didn't expect us to be able to do much in the playoffs, and I think that the blowout loss to the Ravens may help make it easier to make some major changes in the offseason. You guys were 8-8 last year, but made some key moves in both the coaching staff (Greg Williams) and personnel (Sharper, Grier) to take it up a notch.

Anyway, kick some butt in the NFC. I'd particularly like to see you beat any of the 4 remaining AFC teams in the SB.

Hey mayo :) good to see ya. Good to see were ahead in the polls thanks guys , we really need it,lol, Im serious

Look who we signed for the game saturday DEUCE is BACK !!

http://www.wwl.com/Deuce-is-back-/6127432

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAiP0VvPxk&feature=player_embedded

Ya greer is better that I thought his Burn ratio is really good, having greer porter, ellis,vilma,and fujita back makes our D the way it was at the beginning of the season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9112/did-revis-get-robbed-of-dpoy-honor

Lowest Burn Percentage Among CBs*

Player/Team Percentage
Darrelle Revis, Jets 37.0
Jabari Greer, Saints 37.9
Dwight Lowery, Jets 40.7
Drayton Florence, Bills 45.3
Leon Hall, Bengals 45.3
Lito Sheppard, Jets 45.6
* Minimum 50 targets.

I am really disappointed the patriots are out, I always wondered why you guys won so much but you can tell by the quality of your fans and good nature you deserve every trophy. I saw your injury report for the ravens game, its no mistery to me why that game wasnt won. You just can replace a guy like welker and taylor, jenkins.

I know our team is better than the cardinals, I mean stat wise we rank at #1 and they rank at #14, but kurt Warner is a great quarter back and their team deserves to win as much as we want to.

I just cant help thinking , how cool it would be to see the Saints in a Super Bowl, just once.

Last edited:
Nice to see you again pherein and thanks for your post.

A few people asked me if I was going to watch the football games this weekend, and my response was, "There's football???" I couldn't even remember who was left or who played who or what time the games were on. I told them I'd probably watch, just cuz it's football, but there wasn't much to root for other than the right kid falling to us in the draft.

But I'll be rooting for the Saints. Forgot all about you guys, probably from that thrashing we received a little while ago :p Now that we're out, it'd be great to see the big easy win it. Best of luck man.

Hey convertedpatsfan hope everything is good with you

thanks man, YES please watch and scream!!! That annoying thing we do WHO DAT . We need the 13th man. Thanks

Best of luck to the Saints. They are one of the three teams I hope win the Super Bowl (Baltimore and Dallas being the other two).

But can I make a request? Don't wear the all black uniforms! Start a petition for them to stop using those uniforms. Black jersey, gold pants. That's the best look.

Thanks we can sure use a 13th man on the field:)

We actually did a couple weeks ago so we don't really know what the boys are going to suit up in , payton wont release it.

Fully agree with the above.

Nice to have you back on here Pherein and as I said the last time you were here, I'm rooting for you guys to go all the way now. Patriots have a lot of work to do to get back to elite status. I have no doubt the Saints will be up there for a couple of years anyways.

eagle eye how are you man ?

I hope we don't disappoint allot of people, it would be the best if we met at the SuperBowl every year for the next 4-5 years. At lease we both know we would have a really good time. Patriots have wicked ( to steal your word for it) cool fans who know their football. Heck the Pats wemon are smarter than me,lol

Honestly I had no opinion of who I would like to win the Super Bowl once the Patriots lost. Your post proves the type of fans the Saints have and I am putting all my support toward New Orleans. Classy post, bring home the trophy.

I just cant help thinking , how cool it would be to see the Saints in a Super Bowl, just once.

Very cool indeed. Hope it happens.

I think San Diego is the most dangerous team in the AFC. That would be a good game.

You know if we just make it to the SuperBowl you guys need to catch a plane to New Orleans, the city will be going crazy. The SB is only a couple weeks before MG and we already know how cool the Patriots Fans are so you can wear your colors and will be greeted with open arms, better yet free drinks:)

Very cool indeed. Hope it happens.

I think San Diego is the most dangerous team in the AFC. That would be a good game.

ya and you have that Rivers vs Brees thing also. They are a very good football team. We have a million miles to go before that point thou, we have never even won a NFC championship.

Last edited:
Just because a team did something in the past, that's no guarantee it will happen again. It was only this decade that the Pats finally won a home playoff game for the first time. Then last week it was the first time that the Pats ever lost a home playoff game with Brady at QB.

It's not just the Pats or Saints either. Look at your division rivals in Tampa Bay. Losingest team in football, they won the Super Bowl a few years ago, and along the way kept announcers from repeating 'have never won when the temperature was below 32'. For your sake, maybe you can get them to stop repeating 'no team that has lost to the Bucs has gone on to win the Super Bowl that year'.

All these streaks and past history are meaningless; it's how the two teams perform that day that counts.

Good luck this weekend, this game should be a good one.

What can I say, you make a good point, but we are cursed

The Dome was built on a graveyard, thats the story. Most hope Katrina washed the curse away, but we don't know that yet.

Please win it all N.O. !

Love your city.

Love this post.

Can not stand:
Dolts
SD Choakers
NY Rats (aka LA Clippers)
Farve
Cowgirls

Dislike (but don't hate)
Cards
Ratbirds

I think whoever wins Cards/Saints game tomorrow will be who I root for the rest of the way, though I'm leaning towards New Orleans already. That city, franchise, and fanbase deserves a championship, and with the Pats out, I hope it's this year. :eat3:

I was in New Orleans for the week-end and Monday night game in November. The people of your city were nothing but gracious and welcoming, as were your fans at the game. We took some ribbing, but the vast majority of it was good-natured. I hope you win the whole thing. Good luck.

Obviously.... our team was the only team I wanted in to this years SB...but I would like to see the Saints play Baltimore. I haven't watched many games outside the AFCE batch let alone-NFC games....but I have seen you play a couple this yr. and you look well rounded, physical and ready for a shot at the big game. You guys gotta do it NOW though-you're on a roll.

I usually pick the under-dogs when my teams not in it. The Saints aren't under-dogs this year but the teams (kind of like the Bucs 70's-80's etc) have always struggled. So....I understand the comp. to the Pats.

Plus, the city of New Orleans and surrounding areas could use a positive uplifting experience.....even though this is only a game. I think many people are pulling for you guys.

so good luck pherein!

Honestly I had no opinion of who I would like to win the Super Bowl once the Patriots lost. Your post proves the type of fans the Saints have and I am putting all my support toward New Orleans. Classy post, bring home the trophy.

Wow, thanks , and to all of you the same, I really hope the boys can make it, its going to be touph .

I was in New Orleans for the week-end and Monday night game in November. The people of your city were nothing but gracious and welcoming, as were your fans at the game. We took some ribbing, but the vast majority of it was good-natured. I hope you win the whole thing. Good luck.

Thanks, hope we have a shot, we have never been to a SB, be really fun.

Obviously.... our team was the only team I wanted in to this years SB...but I would like to see the Saints play Baltimore. I haven't watched many games outside the AFCE batch let alone-NFC games....but I have seen you play a couple this yr. and you look well rounded, physical and ready for a shot at the big game. You guys gotta do it NOW though-you're on a roll.

I usually pick the under-dogs when my teams not in it. The Saints aren't under-dogs this year but the teams (kind of like the Bucs 70's-80's etc) have always struggled. So....I understand the comp. to the Pats.

Plus, the city of New Orleans and surrounding areas could use a positive uplifting experience.....even though this is only a game. I think many people are pulling for you guys.

so good luck pherein!

Thanks RoughingthePasser
We have believed for 43 years, be nice if our boys had a shot. I know everything is against us, but damn , just be in the SB. Amazing to me

Saints

there is no other or better choice left this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe