PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vikings know a thing or two about leaving fans broken hearted... I'm praying that doesn't happen this year. The Saints are going down (hopefully).

Superbowl - The Vikings and The Who = GOAT.

OK, it's official now. If not the Saints, it's either going to be Rex Ryan and the Jets, Bill Polian and the Colts, or Brett Favre and the Vikings.

Pherein, I'm counting on your Saints to finish this thing off the right way. For love of God, please don't screw it up.

MC

ok, you got the right game...there's no reason you don't win a shoot out in your home dome...the cowboys would have been another matter, but you dodged that bullet.

now, "JUST WIN BABY!"

OK, it's official now. If not the Saints, it's either going to be Rex Ryan and the Jets, Bill Polian and the Colts, or Brett Favre and the Vikings.

Pherein, I'm counting on your Saints to finish this thing off the right way. For love of God, please don't screw it up.

MC

Saints are the only hope for decency left. Agree. Geaux Saints!!

MC

I could stomach Favre and the Vikings, just because this would truly be Favre's last season. However, I have been pulling for the Saints to win it all since the moment the Baltimore game ended last week. So I will go with them in the NFC.

Saints or Bust!

Save us Breesus!!!!

MC

ROFL mayo, Im hoping the same. Vikings look pretty good on defense is my concern. We have probability the top 5 OL in the NFL, so we should match up well to their DL, and Payton is a matchup wizard so we should be able to halt some blitz packages and create miss matches.

Our offense should be able to out score them , if Brees can get time, he is pretty quick. Vikes secondary is not extremely good. But their run defense is good, so we need to exploit it early, that and allot of flat throws.

Looks like on paper they could run on us all day, we did keep AP to 33 yards last year, but hes too good to make that mistake again. Our secondary is allot better than most of the teams left except the Jets, we beat them 24-10 but the offense only scored 10 of those pts. I warned the Charger fans, they just laugh at me.

We just got 6 guys back on defense before the Cardinals game. Greer was putting up Revis #'s and porter , young, sharper, work well together.

Im not sure if we should blitz or leave the old man alone, either way Farve like Brees is pretty dangerous. I am more of the mind that sense our defense is pretty average except the secondary, we go for the ball and hit Farve every play. They will make big plays but we could pry the ball loose 1-3 times. 1-3 more possession for the saints offense could decide the outcome.

Sharper and Williams vs Farve
Game 2 versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve
Game 1 Versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve
Game 2 versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve
Game 1 versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve
Game 1 Versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve twice
Game 2 Versus Green Bay Sharper picks Farve

Now you can see why Sharper would like to See Farve again

Ok
Let's see how farve fares against Williams Defenses over the Years

1992 Green Bay vs Houston Farve throw 1td, 1int, 155 yards
1998 Green Bay vs Titans Farve 3td,0int, 262 yards
2002 Green Bay vs Bills Farve Throws 1td,2ints,114 yards
2004 Green Bay vs Redskins Farve Throws 1td,3ints,289 yards
2007 Green Bay vs Redskins Farve Throws 0td,2ints, 188 yards

Gregg Williams has coached against Farve 5 different times since 1992.
Gregg has limited Farve to 6 combined tds or a 1.2 per game average
Gregg has forced Farve to throw 8 combined ints or 1.6 per game average
Gregg's Defenses have allowed an average of 201.6 yards

Looks like Gregg knows how to defend Farve.

We need to bring the wood

NFL Game Center: Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - 2009 Conference Championships
Picture 065.jpg

Last edited:
ok, you got the right game...there's no reason you don't win a shoot out in your home dome...the cowboys would have been another matter, but you dodged that bullet.

now, "JUST WIN BABY!"

Cross your fingers and do the crunk dance its going to be a heck of a game:)
The boys should be able to pull this off

Good luck in the NFC Championship match against the Vikings pherein. It should be a cracking game.

Thanks ausbacker we need the 13th man up here, we need all the luck we can get.

Looks like a really crazy time in New Orleans :)

I'm cheering for the Saints, but as Mayo said, it's now your duty to save the Super Bowl from the likes of Rex Ryan, Peyton Manning, or Brett Favre. Though I hear Favre may or may not retire before the Saints game.

You mentioned Greer playing almost as well as Revis. Really? :) I mean, we saw Greer twice a year when he was with the Bills, and while he had some decent ball skills, I never imagined him turning into such a corner. Looking at his numbers though, he had 13 passes defensed in only 9 games, one below his record of 14 PDs in 16 games.

I read earlier about his burn ratio too. So what the heck happened to Jabari Greer after he left the AFC East? And come to think of it, they signed Mike McKenzie and Chris McAlister off the street before the Pats game and both contributed. And I saw former Patriot Randall Gay forcing that fumble last week. So who the heck is this amazing secondary coach of yours? Or is it more about Gregg Williams' blitz packages?

Looks like a really crazy time in New Orleans :)

I'm cheering for the Saints, but as Mayo said, it's now your duty to save the Super Bowl from the likes of Rex Ryan, Peyton Manning, or Brett Favre. Though I hear Favre may or may not retire before the Saints game.

You mentioned Greer playing almost as well as Revis. Really? :) I mean, we saw Greer twice a year when he was with the Bills, and while he had some decent ball skills, I never imagined him turning into such a corner. Looking at his numbers though, he had 13 passes defensed in only 9 games, one below his record of 14 PDs in 16 games.

I read earlier about his burn ratio too. So what the heck happened to Jabari Greer after he left the AFC East? And come to think of it, they signed Mike McKenzie and Chris McAlister off the street before the Pats game and both contributed. And I saw former Patriot Randall Gay forcing that fumble last week. So who the heck is this amazing secondary coach of yours? Or is it more about Gregg Williams' blitz packages?

hehe ya but if Brett did retire before the game, hed just change his mind before it started.

Its nuts down here, I think we have a really good chance.

I have no idea, Dennis Allen is our secondary coach, nothing spectacular about him.
New Orleans Saints - Dennis Allen

Its my understanding that Greg williams and Darren Sharper are to blame. I know Sharper is always working with these guys, and Williams has given him full reign of all calls in the secondary. So while Vilma is calling the line, sharper is calling the secondary separately. So the LB's might be in zone the secondary is man to man. When the original secondary is in Porter,Gay,Greer,Harper,young, and Sharper things just click. We finally got them all back. Our secondary is really good for the preseason :)
Williams Blitzes 40-60% of the time so Im sure that has allot to do with it also. It is kind of weird they can make seemingly normal CB's play so well.

hehe ya but if Brett did retire before the game, hed just change his mind before it started.

Its nuts down here, I think we have a really good chance.

I have no idea, Dennis Allen is our secondary coach, nothing spectacular about him.
New Orleans Saints - Dennis Allen

Its my understanding that Greg williams and Darren Sharper are to blame. I know Sharper is always working with these guys, and Williams has given him full reign of all calls in the secondary. So while Vilma is calling the line, sharper is calling the secondary separately. So the LB's might be in zone the secondary is man to man. When the original secondary is in Porter,Gay,Greer,Harper,young, and Sharper things just click. We finally got them all back. Our secondary is really good for the preseason :)
Williams Blitzes 40-60% of the time so Im sure that has allot to do with it also. It is kind of weird they can make seemingly normal CB's play so well.

The good news is you only have to beat 2 of the 3 remaining teams. One of the Jets or Colts will take care of the other.

Step 1: the humiliation of Brett Favre. I'm hoping for the Brett Favre of the Arizona game, with Darren Sharper getting a couple of picks and hopefully taking one to the house.

The biggest test will be how your offensive and defensive lines play. The Minnesota DL is their strongest unit. Hold them off and give Brees a chance to execute and you'll rack up a lot of points. Get some pressure on Favre and he'll make some mistakes.

I'm counting on the Saints to restore balance to the Force. You are the chosen ones. This season has already been painful enough. Geaux Saints!

Thanks we never win, Im a little taken back on this, we have only been to NFC Championship once before. We are really kind of stunned by our boys pulling this off

It's been a couple of years in the making.
Good Luck and Geaux Saints!

The good news is you only have to beat 2 of the 3 remaining teams. One of the Jets or Colts will take care of the other.

Step 1: the humiliation of Brett Favre. I'm hoping for the Brett Favre of the Arizona game, with Darren Sharper getting a couple of picks and hopefully taking one to the house.

The biggest test will be how your offensive and defensive lines play. The Minnesota DL is their strongest unit. Hold them off and give Brees a chance to execute and you'll rack up a lot of points. Get some pressure on Favre and he'll make some mistakes.

I'm counting on the Saints to restore balance to the Force. You are the chosen ones. This season has already been painful enough. Geaux Saints!

Im not getting uppity, but I think we can do the same to the Vikes that we did to the Cards. Our OL is really good, so we might be able to hold them off.
Well if were the chosen ones you might be in some trouble there mayo,lol. Those polls routing for us really makes me happy, thanks guys
I will say this
thievery.jpg
getoof my lawn.jpg

just glad the Cardinal fans had a good time and we presented ourselves well as fans. I know the Patriots fans have a great history of do that also.

Last edited:
I am rooting for you. I think you guys deserve it. You beat us soundly. I take my hat off to you.

we caught you on a lucky season Patspsycho:) heres your hat back :)

Congratulations, Pherein. Saints to the Super Bowl. You guys sure didn't make it look easy, but you got it done in the end.

I thought you were outplayed by a considerable amount today. I'm hoping your saving something better for the Colts, or we're all in trouble.

Again, you are the chosen ones, who can bring balance to the Force. Geaux Saints, and for the love of God beat Indy!

Congrats Pherein and all Saints fans. I guess Mardi Gras is starting a bit early this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes