PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best possible scenario tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5A1Zgty.jpg

Was anything confirmed about Gronk's status for tomorrow night? I heard a mediot say he was playing.

Allow me to channel my inner Belichick.

*ahem*

"Winning."

I'm not expecting the offense to light it up. Rookie QB going against Watt, Clowney etc etc. I'm just hoping for a few smart, efficient no frills drives that end up with some points.

What I'd really like to see is our defense come out flying because they're pissed of about how they played in the 2nd half against the Dolphins. I want to see the D win this game.

Come on guys. We all know there's no way Brisset starts... He's black.
This would add an extra layer of hilarity to trotting out Tom Brady in a #7 Brisset jersey. What do they do? Is there facial recognition software to prove it's not Brisset? DNA test? Hell if the tests for player ID are as bad as the tests for air inflation they might just **** it up anyway.

Andy Hart of PFW floated/repeated the suggestion BB holding Jimmy G out to trade him to the Bears before trade deadline.

Osweiler takes it up the ass so hard by our pass rush, he begs to come out of the game.

Edelman throws a TD while up 45

47-7 win, Brissett passing for 570 yards in 3 quarters, then the squirrel mops up.

Then Kate Upton begs me for more...

I'll take Alshon, 2 first rounders, and a second
Soon-to-be $15m WR? No!

Kyle Long and multiple picks (a 1st, some combo of 2/3 2nd-4th rounders), and done.

And they have to take McClellin back.

And OMG the forum would be must-read forever if they moved JG in-season. A lot of us are planning our 2024 Super Bowl parties around Jimmy!

The offense strings some drives together to give the D a rest. If they go three and out a lot, the D will get gassed and that won't be good.

what do you think would be the best possible scenario tomorrow, based on what we know now?

Do you want to see JG start, not suit up, backup JB? What game plan, around that?

I'd like to see JB start, with JG in street clothes. Also want to see Gronk back. Lots of two TE sets with Bennett to help the rook QB. Mix in a lot of runs, quick screens, an occasional shot downfield with Brissette's cannon of an arm. I think the O line can do well enough to keep Houston off balance with a ground and pound offense, to get a NE win.

What do you think?
I would rather have Jacoby start and hopefully have Jimmy ready to start against Buffalo, obviously I also hope the team wins. This game will be tough though and the Texans are going to be playing for the run all game long no matter who starts

Hmm let's see...

Brisset plays so well that someone offers 3 1st round picks. Then Grop also gets traded for another 3 1st round picks.

At the same time, at 345 park avenue, Roger Gooddell starts chocking with a bagel, presses buttons in his U shaped, green/white Desk, but none of the trupe of imbeciles he controls seems capable to help, as they stutter "integrity" over and over

Alex Guerrero meanwhile creats a serum of youth, making Tom Brady our QB forever. Bb also takes a few sips of the drink.

Also, i win the lottery. That's the best case scenario

Hmm let's see...

Brisset plays so well that someone offers 3 1st round picks. Then Grop also gets traded for another 3 1st round picks.

At the same time, at 345 park avenue, Roger Gooddell starts chocking with a bagel, presses buttons in his U shaped, green/white Desk, but none of the trupe of imbeciles he controls seems capable to help, as they stutter "integrity" over and over

Alex Guerrero meanwhile creats a serum of youth, making Tom Brady our QB forever. Bb also takes a few sips of the drink.

Also, i win the lottery. That's the best case scenario

I like where you're going with this, but you may as well follow the lead of @Palm Beach Pats Fan and include the company/services of the lovely Kate Upton! :)

Was anything confirmed about Gronk's status for tomorrow night? I heard a mediot say he was playing.

Shoot, they've been saying that since preparations began for week one. They don't know anymore than we do. As a matter of fact, the Herald cited two different sources that claimed he'd be playing for the opening game.

If it were up to me, I'd rest him one more game, mostly due to the fact that it would give him another long break (10 days) before the next game. You don't want to mess with hamstring injuries as they can linger for a long time and flare back up down the road. This holds true especially when you're expecting to win the division and need to look at the bigger picture.

The other side of the coin would be that you could "test" it out tonight, then allow Gronk 10 days before he has to go again.

And Goodell drops dead

You beat me to the punch on this one. I was about to ask what kind of weak best case scenario exists where Roger Goodell is still alive.

***GAME OF THRONES SPOILER ALERT****

For the record, I am hoping for a Ramsey Bolton style demise.

"My hounds will never harm me. They're loyal beasts."
"They were. Now they're starving."

Shoot, they've been saying that since preparations began for week one. They don't know anymore than we do. As a matter of fact, the Herald cited two different sources that claimed he'd be playing for the opening game.

My thoughts exactly. I've heard all kinds of reports this week on him but latest one had a Mediot saying he would be playing that's why I wanted to know if this was reported because I haven't seen/heard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News