PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Backfields in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any analysis of the Pat's backfield that does not include Faulk, is worthless.

My thoughts exactly.
And, I am no fan of Manning or the Colts, but to rank them below the Packers and the Bears is just silly.

Brady and Maroney are coming off of injuries. Morris has been getting injured a lot over the past couple of years. Taylor just turned 948 years old (running back years) and Faulk is a 3rd down back as opposed to a starter.

I've got no problem with them being ranked "only" #4. If the players can reach the levels most of us expect, this group will quickly shoot up the charts to #1. I just can't see worrying about this when injury is clearly a part of the 'low' ranking. A healthy Brady and relatively healthy running backs corps would make the Patriots the clear #1 in this list, but it's not as if the author is the only person in the world taking a "show me" attitude.

I was just about to write the same thing. And Sammy Morris as well.

Yes! Faulk was injured in the 2nd quarter of both the 2007 AFC championship and Super Bowl 42. The offense stopped working in both games around that time.

Without Faulk, the offense does not run right. I think he is more important than Moss.

Yes! Faulk was injured in the 2nd quarter of both the 2007 AFC championship and Super Bowl 42. The offense stopped working in both games around that time.

Without Faulk, the offense does not run right. I think he is more important than Moss.

Excellent point. We might have 5 rings if Faulk had not gotten hurt those two years.

And we might have had a 6th ring if Faulk is blocking Pollard last year instead of that whimp Morris. Maybe this year for the 8 games Morris is healthy Morris will learn how to finish the block until the whistle.

Besides making plays, Faulk does a lot of dirty work that seems to go unnoticed by the casual fan, but is crucial to winning football games.

LOL this analysis includes QB's? In that case we could have Marion Butts and Derrick Cullors at RB and still should be #1

If we are using 08 Ladanian I don't see how the Chargers are #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes