PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Benard Pollard: "I heard the same cry out of Welker that I heard out of Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
as someone posted above:
"I heard Wes yell out, the same way I heard Tom yell out,'' Pollard told me last night. "It was the same yell. It was terrible. He went down right in front of me. I saw his knee buckle, then I fell on him, and when he went down, I said, 'Just my luck.' ''

why's everyone hating him so much over Welker? Yea the Hoyer thing could be a reason but Rodney played rough like that too..scuffles,etc or playing rough to the whistle and even beyond it sometimes. He did nothing wrong in the interview or on the play with Welker. Welker's injury was non contact as he went to cut and the interview was him giving insight showing us how bad the injury is and then him saying "my luck" because he knew he would be the victim of criticism just because of what happened to Brady and then he was the one that was closest to Welker although he didn't create the injury. A lot of you need to chill the F out.

as someone posted above:
"I heard Wes yell out, the same way I heard Tom yell out,'' Pollard told me last night. "It was the same yell. It was terrible. He went down right in front of me. I saw his knee buckle, then I fell on him, and when he went down, I said, 'Just my luck.' ''

why's everyone hating him so much over Welker? Yea the Hoyer thing could be a reason but Rodney played rough like that too..scuffles,etc or playing rough to the whistle and even beyond it sometimes. He did nothing wrong in the interview or on the play with Welker. Welker's injury was non contact as he went to cut and the interview was him giving insight showing us how bad the injury is and then him saying "my luck" because he knew he would be the victim of criticism just because of what happened to Brady and then he was the one that was closest to Welker although he didn't create the injury. A lot of you need to chill the F out.

Right on, brotha. Pollard played a good game, and he didn't injure Welker.

He's such a great player, I wonder why Pioli cut him?

Pollard didn't sound he was bragging about it to me. He called it "terrible" injury and felt bad that he was associated with both Welker and Brady's torn ACLs. Like the other poster stated, he launched himself at Hoyer, but don't act like Rodney wasn't guilty of doing things like that from time to time.

Pollard is actually pretty good. Not sure why Pioli cut him, but he's done a good job for the Texans. 102 tackles, a forced fumble, 4 picks and 1.5 sacks. Can't argue with that.

Pretending that Bernard was throwing a dig at Welker and attacking him for it....pretty shameful even for the homers.

Pretending that Bernard was throwing a dig at Welker and attacking him for it....pretty shameful even for the homers.

pollard felt pretty bad last year after what happened to brady. he even went to his coach Herm Edwards after the game and told him he felt bad and didn't do it on purpose.

I agree that the OP should be ashamed of making him look like a villain. I think he's a guy who just plays hard.

You know what we need on this team? Rodney Harrison's attitude. Someone on offense should have knocked that scumbag on his arse a couple of times. Then he wouldn't have anything to say.

agreed...players had ways of dealing with guys like this in the days before every move on every play was captured by half a dozen different cameras...

It was an unfortunate injury, but as stated Pollard was NOT the cause and he actually seems pretty sad to be associated with both the injury of Welker and Brady. Luckily with the type of depth your team has, Edelman will do plenty to help you guys. I know it must feel like salt in the wound to hear of a half arse 4th party misqoute but relax. Pollard was classy about it, don't chastise the man. I wish Welker a speedy recovery and he has done amazing things. This, all coming from a Ravens fan.

Do you think the early season injuries to the knee were never actually fully healed and compounded things a bit?

It was an unfortunate injury, but as stated Pollard was NOT the cause and he actually seems pretty sad to be associated with both the injury of Welker and Brady. Luckily with the type of depth your team has, Edelman will do plenty to help you guys. I know it must feel like salt in the wound to hear of a half arse 4th party misqoute but relax. Pollard was classy about it, don't chastise the man. I wish Welker a speedy recovery and he has done amazing things. This, all coming from a Ravens fan.

Do you think the early season injuries to the knee were never actually fully healed and compounded things a bit?

Agreed on the facts that Pollard didn't cause Welker's injury, but there is enough film of Pollard lunging at QB's knees for me not to be as generous as you in your assessment of him. While that's neither here nor there, I nonetheless do believe that he just should have kept his mouth shut about how Welker screamed or cried out or whatever; that's just salt in a wound. Remember that it's his own words more than anything else that put him at the center of the chatter about the injury.

As for your question about his earlier injury, yes, that was my first thought on Sunday. I wondered if there were some weakness in the knee that made this more likely or even inevitable, but I'll leave that determination to an Orthopedist or Orthopedic Surgeon since I don't know what I'm talking about.

In any event, it's gonna be a hard fought game on Sunday.

Last edited:
I never wish any ill will on anyone, but if perhaps Pollard were to blow out his ACL, PCL & MCL on both knees, and Brady and Welker recorded the screaming for my enjoyment, I would not complain.

I thought that this would have been brought up by now but a website reported that before Pollard hit Brady in the knee, he had "Dived into a Patriots player below the waist and several times at the knees, with a few of those hits coming at the end of the play on players not involved" Also adding that "several Patriot players had already complained to the refs about it"........The article was pointing out that Bernard Pollard looked like a player who was out to "intentionally hurt" someone.

So for anyone feeling the need to defend this POS, I would think again. I agree with scott99....

We love to spin things on here don't we....

He was saying he heard Welker yell like Brady and thats how he knew it was serious. He actualy goes on to say it was terrible to hear. He sounds saddened to me.

To Peter King after the game.

To which Keith Olbermann responded "The Patriots need to sign this guy"

I would assume the way he said it was taken out of context in order to sensationalize the story. My question is: why the eff does this Keth Olbermann d-bag have a job as a member of the sports media? Is there anything worse than this 'wanna be comedian? He's GOD AWFUL.

So Pollard is the de-facto expert now on being to discern injuries and what the scream due to the pain is like?

Seriously, why give this knucklehead the platform?

So Pollard is the de-facto expert now on being to discern injuries and what the scream due to the pain is like?

Seriously, why give this knucklehead the platform?

He was asked by the Media......... Should he say "no comment", you guys would have a thread about that....what difference does it make?

Last edited:
He was asked by the Media......... Should he say "no comment", you guys would have a thread about that....what difference does it make?

My point is that it's a dumb correlation to make. I don't think he meant it as a vicious, "yea y'all know what I did to Brady so I KNOW what a cry is like when someone blows an ACL" thing.

People make different sounds when they get hurt. Pollard is nowhere close to being an expert. If he thinks he is, thats pathetic. So yea, he should have said it differently. Such as, "yea when I heard him and see him clutch his knee, you could tell it's was pretty serious.."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes