PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger Injured in Motorcycle Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler Faith said:
Let me tell you how my braindead, PhinsFan, Fiance' reacted to this:

"Damn it! Now when the Phins beat them on opening day, people will say it's because they didn't have Rothesburger!"

ROFLMAO!!! I've never seen him use drugs, but perhaps he's sneaking them! LOL

Thats because as a phish fan he has to practice for the other shoe to drop every off season...."well Ricky is off studying the healing arts....well Ricky just has to get his head on straight.....well David Boston is gonna be great when he is done competing in muscle comps then he will be ALL football...well who needs a 2nd round pick anyway, Feely is the real deal" Need I go on? Pitt fans were only bidding thier time waiting for Ben to do something stupid by his comments after the Winslow accident....Pitt always seems to get someone shot or something in the off season

We have had our share...Fryar and the Beldsoe stage diving fiasco...but nothing real serious since then. I was also encouraged on Brady's comments on delaying overly risky adventures until later in life.

Tyler like us all here you are wondering if he was smoking with Ricky when he first thought of football season rather than Ben being OK for life instead of football repercussions. I think we as Pats fans are lucky for two reasons...one high quality people on our team (not a slam on Ben or saying he isn't a good person) but our players in key positions seem to have Brady's attitude towards outside football activities which "limit" possible things like this happening to them. Two, our team isn't built around one or two stars ( not that Brady or Sey aren't huge to our success) so we can have the confidence BB will make anything workable so we can set aside our Pats passion for a second and think about the person easier than some teams fans.

Tunescribe said:
Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: ''Ride it when you retire.''

Bradshaw -- not as dumb as you might think.

Wonder if Ben would also prefer to play football without a helmet?

In any case, I hope he makes a quick and full recovery, otherwise we'll never hear the end of it from the Steelers fans.

Even though i'm late to the thread, I'd like to add my "You're a moron, Ben" to the rest. So, uh, Ben. . . You are a world class dumbass.

I have no sympathy for this man. It's his right to take whatever he deems an affordable risk, but with that comes responsibilities and consequences for one's actions -- be they good, or in this case, bad.

After seeing the television footage of the scene, and hearing some of the reports, it sounds like he had a green light and accelerated, and the car across turned left in front of him which caused him to crash into the side of the car and go into the corner of the windshield.

It's one of those things that drives me nuts, is to hear someone say "I can handle myself, I'll be fine". That may be true, but the problem is you're also driving on a road that contains other people, and you can never anticipate someone else's mistake.

Ian

Ian said:
It's one of those things that drives me nuts, is to hear someone say "I can handle myself, I'll be fine". That may be true, but the problem is you're also driving on a road that contains other people, and you can never anticipate someone else's mistake.
True dat.

Ben: "I'll be very careful."

Me: "Can you vouch for all the other drivers on the road?"

Regards,
Chris

Ian said:
After seeing the television footage of the scene, and hearing some of the reports, it sounds like he had a green light and accelerated, and the car across turned left in front of him which caused him to crash into the side of the car and go into the corner of the windshield.

Ian
What's that sound? A nail being hit on the head?

Ian, couple that with this moron's refusal to wear a helmet and we've got the makings of a Darwin Award nominee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one sincerely wish him a quick and complete recovery. I have really enjoyed the Pats Steelers rivalry and would hate to see his career end prematurely.

Was it a Bengal fan driving the car?
Maybe even Carson Palmer LOL

BelichickFan said:
I haven't said he deserved it but, come on, riding a motorcycle without a helmet even after the Winslow incident . . . he may not deserve it but it's difficult to say he deserves better.

As I mentioned before, we have a couple of people in the office who ride motorcycles without helmets. I tell them right to their faces that it is stupid to do. Motorcycles are stupid IMO but hat's a different story.

If any one of them are ever injured in a motorcycle accident I would never say that they deserved it. I would say that it's a stupid practice and in most cases these are not stupid people.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
People are sick. From PFT: "Parts" from Burgerlers' motorcycle have already hit Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steelers-BIG-BE...67QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1467QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats BS. The auction has ended...more likely pulled by ebay. The "seller" could vouch for the parts but they were "very close to the accident scene". Shyster more like. No citizen would be anywhere near that scene except for witnesses and even they wouldn't be allowed in the roadway anywhere near where you could pick up parts. Plus it is all EVIDENCE if it was from his bike (no way it was). People are sick and GREEDY.

I realized why he wasn't wearing a helmet. With a helmet he's just another guy on a bike. Without the helmet everyone can see it's Pittsburgh's super hero.

PATSNUTme said:
As I mentioned before, we have a couple of people in the office who ride motorcycles without helmets. I tell them right to their faces that it is stupid to do. Motorcycles are stupid IMO but hat's a different story.

If any one of them are ever injured in a motorcycle accident I would never say that they deserved it. I would say that it's a stupid practice and in most cases these are not stupid people.

Do they have a helmet law in Maine, Nut?

Bill's Girl said:

Nope and we are a big nanny state. Motorcycle lobby is too powerful.

Only read the first and last pages of this post... it does not look good for Ben's season this year (not to be macabre but people were commenting on it being "minor.") I think that first post's links must have been updated by the time I saw them.

I hope for Ben's recovery, as should any decent human being. As foolish as his actions may have been, a 24 year old kid doesn't deserve that, whether it's him or Kellen Winslow. Being foolish isn't like being evil - there's no joy in seeing this kind of thing.

Just my .02,

PFnV

Ian said:

On a motorcycle, you have to anticipate their mistakes. It's all in the mindset. You just assume that the car will turn left in front of you. First lesson of motorcycle safety school: Saying it was the other guy's fault doesn't do you any good when you are the one going to the hospital in the meatwagon.

PatsFanInVa said:
Only read the first and last pages of this post... it does not look good for Ben's season this year (not to be macabre but people were commenting on it being "minor.") I think that first post's links must have been updated by the time I saw them.

I hope for Ben's recovery, as should any decent human being. As foolish as his actions may have been, a 24 year old kid doesn't deserve that, whether it's him or Kellen Winslow. Being foolish isn't like being evil - there's no joy in seeing this kind of thing.

Just my .02,

PFnV

Ive been wondering how it will impact his season. My guess is he won't miss the season, if the most serious injury is the broken jaw. There was some mention of knee injury from hitting the pavement. He could have broken a knee cap or something. Who knows.

I do know we will all have to endure lengthy, mind numbing features in the pre-game shows, magazines, websites etc. all season as the nation tracks Meat Head's heroic recovery from this accident.

patchick said:
What about the business that paid him millions of dollars of up-front money in the anticipation that he would perform at an elite athletic level for years to come?

Life is full of risks, but it's also full of responsibilities. When you choose to take on those responsibilities, it isn't all up to you any more. You have obligations to others, and you have to balance interests, risks and benefits. To me, that -- not the freedom to take stupid risks -- is what comes with being an "adult."

I was going to follow up along those lines in response but then I figured it was likely a losing battle. You did it more concisely than I tend to anyway. ;)

Consider me in the majority of those who feel that riding without a helmet is an extremely foolhardy decision, but also in, I hope, the majority who wish him a full recovery.

I have had several friends injured in bicycle accidents because of the lack of a proper brain-bucket, and, despite the frustrated concern I felt with their simultaneous bad and good fortune (after all, they were moderately, not seriously, injured), it turns out that the hospital bed is a bad place to hear a sermon, no matter how well-intentioned or how justified. Let's hope he can make a sounder decision after all this is done, and set a good (better?) example.

Bill's Girl said:

The mandatory seatbelt law just barely made it. Helmets would be too safe. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back