PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger Injured in Motorcycle Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
No details, except that he wasn't wearing a helmet. Police have closed off the bridge on which he was driving.

Your source? Link?

This was posted by AdamJT13 on another site :

"According to a poster on one Steelers message board, "KDKA news is reporting that he was not wearing a helmet and he is bleeding from the head. He flew over his handle bars, hit the windshield of the vehicle and rolled over the top of the vehicle."

What A Dumb Ass !

Last edited:
I hope hes alright, but as a franchise QB you're an idiot for not wearing a helmet. $10.00 says he'll publically state that he will continue to ride without a helmet. any takers?

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
I guess I hope it's nothing major but the guy deserves what he gets after the Winslow incident. moron.

Indescribably stupid, but regardless I hate, hate, hate to hear this. Hope he's ok.

Got this from a Browns' site :

"WTAE news is showing a live video feed. The accident happened at 11:37 am. Ben is at Mercy Hospital. The motocycle is currently being towed away. Their is a red sedan also involved in the accident. It is believed he was headed towards the Steelers workout facility.

They interviewed a witness to the scene of the accident, and saw Roethlisberger prior to being taken to the hospital. She said their was blood everywhere, but he was conscious. Medical people were asking him questions and his eyes were open. She was not sure how responsive Ben was. Cannot confirm if he was wearing a helmet."

I hope Ben's OK. He's a tough football player and has a bright career ahead of him.

That being said, he assumed a risk in even riding a motorcycle and took a greater risk in not wearing a helmet (something he took a bold stance on last offseason, bad move BTW). Let's hope if he ever decides to get on a bike again he will have learned his lesson and is wearing a helmet. Probably would be better if he didn't ride a bike altogether.

My prayers go out to Ben and Steeler fans everywhere.

God's Speed

God's speed on his recovery.

Yuppers. Like everyone, you hate to see it happen, and DO hope he's okay.... but sorry.. His ridiculous comments about motorcycle safety and especially wearing a helmet, last year after the Kellen Winslow farce, was like praying to the Gods of Karma and asking passionately for your own accident. The Steeler's organization should have done something about this last year, I'll bet they will now.

Some tragic irony from a 5/31 piece in the Pitt Tribune-Review about the Steelers' offseason dramas:

Until then, conspiracy theorists can deduce what they will from offseason developments that are about as relevant to the upcoming season as Ben Roethlisberger riding a motorcycle without a helmet ultimately was to the quest for Super Bowl XL.

It has been an issue for a while, he wouldn't budge on it. Just awful.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

hot_sign.jpg
Steelers | Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:11:04 -0700

KDKA.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) has been injured in a motorcycle accident around 11:30 am Monday, June 12. The team has confirmed Roethlisberger was injured. He was not wearing a helmet when he flew over the handlebars and hit his head on the windshield of a car, according to an eyewitness. The witness added Roethlisberger seemed groggy and was bleeding from his head, but was able to say his first name. He has been taken to Mercy Hospital, but officials are not commenting on his condition.

Last edited:
The sound you heard was Pittsburgh fans ****ting their collective pants. . .I tried to find the stories for myself through the P-burgh news outlets and the servers were too damn busy!

That being said, I do hope he's OK, but he damn sure better learn his lesson for this one.

Ben has never appeared to be the brightest bulb on the tree so I can't say I'm surprised. I of course hope for his speedy recovery. I saw the bike he was riding and it only had a bent front wheel. Of course his injuries are from flying off the bike and could be serious. A paramedic who arrived late on the scene did eventually said he broke the plane. Oh man that's bad. But, I couldn't resist. I'm a sick bastard. But, I am thinking good thoughts for his full recovery.

I think this should finally convince NFL teams to enforce any contract provisions about dangerous activities. Millions are invested in these players and the investment can be lost in a millisecond. It's this sort of thing that tells me some players are still kids--not full adults.

I don't wish ill on Big Ben, but if he were to miss half a dozen games as a result of this accident, it might prevent a lot of problems in the future, for all teams and players.

I just called my diehard Pitt buddy who works there and he said the entire office has stopped working and is listening to the radio. He said that the rumor has it from a witness is that he hit the ground and then was additionally struck by a car. Hard to say right now with all of the rumors flying.

Mainefan said:
I think this should finally convince NFL teams to enforce any contract provisions about dangerous activities. Millions are invested in these players and the investment can be lost in a millisecond. It's this sort of thing that tells me some players are still kids--not full adults.

I don't wish ill on Big Ben, but if he were to miss half a dozen games as a result of this accident, it might prevent a lot of problems in the future, for all teams and players.

maybe more than teams it will wake up states to have a helmet law.. its stupid to play russian roulette with somehting like that..

chris

Mainefan said:
I think this should finally convince NFL teams to enforce any contract provisions about dangerous activities. .
Not all teams have those provisions in their contracts. This came up last year with Rothlesburger after the Winslow accident, and the Steelers don't have such a provision in there like the Browns did.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yuppers. Like everyone, you hate to see it happen, and DO hope he's okay.... but sorry.. His ridiculous comments about motorcycle safety and especially wearing a helmet, last year after the Kellen Winslow farce, was like praying to the Gods of Karma and asking passionately for your own accident. The Steeler's organization should have done something about this last year, I'll bet they will now.

I hope he is alright. Don't like the guy especially regarding his ignorant comments because I think in his position as a public figure his statements can make others make the same poor choice to not wear a helmet.

It is HIS choice but how he came out about it and his non chalance about it irked me he could have handled it better.

Now count me as one hoping he is alright but misses several games or something to teach a lesson..not because I think he is all that as a QB, but because maybe it will get a few people to wear a helmet that hadn't before...karma's a ***** huh?

I've seen many accidents where people have DIED that would have probably walked away if they had a helmet...not to mention those that lived with terrible scars or injuries that a helmet would have prevented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes