PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben McAdoo has an impressive resume as QB evaluator

Assessing QB talent and coaching QBs are two very different things. He might be in NE primarily for his skill at the former. It’s such a big pick, absolutely essential for the team to get right, why not bring in the guy who knows how to pick them? If scouting QBs is his true talent, then we want him here.
McAdoo's problems are his verbal communication skills are ZERO (at least it was with NYG). He's a video/film nerd.

That's some terrible example of an impressive QB evaluator resume.

Agreed.

Do you believe the puff pieces in the press?
You’d have to point to a specific piece before I can comment. I haven’t read much about him, but if his coaching record is miserable and he doesn’t relate to players, either Wolf et al are already off to a bad start, or he brings substantial value in another way. QB evaluation savant makes sense, given the pivotal moment and choice for the franchise. But who knows? We’re mostly flapping our gums because there isn’t much else to discuss.

You’d have to point to a specific piece before I can comment. I haven’t read much about him, but if his coaching record is miserable and he doesn’t relate to players, either Wolf et al are already off to a bad start, or he brings substantial value in another way. QB evaluation savant makes sense, given the pivotal moment and choice for the franchise. But who knows? We’re mostly flapping our gums because there isn’t much else to discuss.

When the press goes out of their way to pump up some local sports management figure, especially when the data is 6+ years old, I have my doubts.

I think his evaluations are more right than wrong. Rosen sucks…but sometimes it’s the coaches or scheme that’s not a fit. Maybe if San Fran drafted Zach Wilson or Rosen things would be different for those 2 players. Sometimes it’s the environment they are in and cannot overcome because of character or something else.

Josh Rosen’s air of entitlement stank like **** well before he got to the NFL.
Good point. I didn’t see it at the time. Everyone just knew Rosen was a legit nfl QB. I joined in on the parade.

How wrong we all were.

Half of first round QBs turn out like this. Caveat emptor.

That’s why I’m so intrigued by Spencer Rattler. He is humble, willing to outwork everyone else, has a legit arm, and performed poorly on athleticism at the Combine.

Sounds like a fetching prospect for NE.

Being semi-right about one class doesn’t make you a god. He also wasn’t in the league in 2018 and didn’t have any skin in the game. I’ll judge him by how he does with us.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back