PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick watch: What is his next gig?

This may have been brought up already BUT I'm here to ask if it has:
Is it possible for Bill Belichick to be blackballed by the league from coming back to coach AND breaking Shula's record?
The question is blackballed, not if he's washed up or anything else. Just blackballed.
The answer could just be as simple as "we'll see next year, or mid-season, won't we?"

NY Giants.

BB will have his pick of the litter after this season as HCs crash and burn. Some pundits have speculated that BB could take a team over mid season , but I dont believe that BB rolls that way. I do not foresee BB working for Jimmy Jones in Dallas. Parcells clashed with JJ and BB would as well. Furthermore, Jerry Johnson ex Cowboys HC, is good pals with BB and he would steer his buddy BB away from Jimmy.
BB spent over 20 years with Bill Kraft when it was obvious that Robert Parcells couldn’t get out fast enough. Maybe BB is easier to get along with than some of us give him credit for.

I’m secretly hoping he knows how to play guitar and convinces Dead and Company out from permanent retirement.

its a consideration, no doubt. McCarthy is a lame duck this year, so we will see...

winding up in dallas... really almost a dead on mirror of the road the Tuna took

Yep

This may have been brought up already BUT I'm here to ask if it has:
Is it possible for Bill Belichick to be blackballed by the league from coming back to coach AND breaking Shula's record?
The question is blackballed, not if he's washed up or anything else. Just blackballed.
The answer could just be as simple as "we'll see next year, or mid-season, won't we?"
I think he was blackballed but by his former owner not by the league.

What he does next depends on how long Robert holds a grudge, and how long he’s still around to act on it.

My hope for him: Diet, exercise, fishing, sunshine, visiting family and friends, relaxing, learning how to have fun for fun’s sake. Spend a couple hours a day maximum thinking about football, writing, doing “studies” to stay sharp mentally with no real pressure.

I feel like if he realizes there is life after football he will be happy to put his career in the rear view mirror and “get busy living.”

I agree that this is the best outcome for him.

His style of coaching (expecting unquestioned fealty) is way outdated and isn't going to find reception anywhere or sit well with any of the current generation of players.

My hope for him: Diet, exercise, fishing, sunshine, visiting family and friends, relaxing, learning how to have fun for fun’s sake. Spend a couple hours a day maximum thinking about football, writing, doing “studies” to stay sharp mentally with no real pressure.

I feel like if he realizes there is life after football he will be happy to put his career in the rear view mirror and “get busy living.”
60+ years studying, living football, day in, day out. Not happening.

My ex had a BB siting at the Whole Foods in Hingham yesterday. He had a scowl. Can't say I blame him.

36560.jpeg36559.jpeg

I would have taken it if I’m him. But it’s understandable he didn’t since it’s across the country. He’s almost certainly not getting another HC job but he’d be one of the best DC’s in the league right now if he took this one and maybe even the best. There’s lots to say about his drafting in recent years but the man still knows defense. And on that team he’s got a good chance to pad his legacy with ring #9.

He is still a fine HC, but anyone who hires him needs to lock him out of the draft room on draft day. And for that matter, no GM duties at all. Letting Jacobi go and whiffing on DHop plus the bad drafts and other mistakes make him untouchable as a GM.

I think he was blackballed but by his former owner not by the league.

What he does next depends on how long Robert holds a grudge, and how long he’s still around to act on it.
Looking at The Dynasty tells me that the Krafts have some sort of grudge against Belichick. It comes across loud and clear. In the end, the Krafts will have dumped the GOAT QB and GOAT HC after they gave them the greatest dynasty in NYFL history. That's about as ungrateful as it gets.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back