PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick watch: What is his next gig?

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Any ideas about where he ends up?

I suspect that he will have a hard time finding a head coaching job since he would insist on being the GM also but he has a very spotty record as GM.

Tired Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

My hope for him: Diet, exercise, fishing, sunshine, visiting family and friends, relaxing, learning how to have fun for fun’s sake. Spend a couple hours a day maximum thinking about football, writing, doing “studies” to stay sharp mentally with no real pressure.

I feel like if he realizes there is life after football he will be happy to put his career in the rear view mirror and “get busy living.”

My hope for him: Diet, exercise, fishing, sunshine, visiting family and friends, relaxing, learning how to have fun for fun’s sake. Spend a couple hours a day maximum thinking about football, writing, doing “studies” to stay sharp mentally with no real pressure.

I feel like if he realizes there is life after football he will be happy to put his career in the rear view mirror and “get busy living.”
Not in his DNA, I suspect. I suspect he was raised with a football in his crib and has always lived football. And, as far as I could tell, he sucks at fishing....if I had a boat in Nantucket, I would be murders on bass, blues and albies.....

He might be a good on TV. His dour face when talking to the media is just a mask and supposedly he is garrulous and amusing in private. And he does a lot of research so he might have some interesting insights

Not in his DNA, I suspect. I suspect he was raised with a football in his crib and has always lived football. And, as far as I could tell, he sucks at fishing....if I had a boat in Nantucket, I would be murders on bass, blues and albies.....

He might be a good on TV. His dour face when talking to the media is just a mask and supposedly he is garrulous and amusing in private. And he does a lot of research so he might have some interesting insights
He would be great on TV. Think about his presence on the top 100 show ( didn't he win a Sports Emmy or something). When he goes off on a topic he loves ( special teams) it is graduate school level education...

He would be great on TV. Think about his presence on the top 100 show ( didn't he win a Sports Emmy or something). When he goes off on a topic he loves ( special teams) it is graduate school level education...
That's good on NFL Network because of the audience but that's too much for Fox or CBS. They try to make their segments as fun and brief as possible for a reason.

I would just retire and enjoy life as much as possible at that age but I am sure he is wired differently.

Next up
New England Patriots Hall of Fame
Followed by
The Pro Football Hall of Fame

Will he coach again? Hard to say... He still has the ability to coach, and the desire to compete... but... due to his "aura" his candidacy for any position would get strong push back from many front offices trying to hang onto their jobs... Bleak prospects on the coaching front imo...

Retirement and start working on his memoirs.

NY Giants.

BB will have his pick of the litter after this season as HCs crash and burn. Some pundits have speculated that BB could take a team over mid season , but I dont believe that BB rolls that way. I do not foresee BB working for Jimmy Jones in Dallas. Parcells clashed with JJ and BB would as well. Furthermore, Jerry Johnson ex Cowboys HC, is good pals with BB and he would steer his buddy BB away from Jimmy.

Next up
New England Patriots Hall of Fame
Followed by
The Pro Football Hall of Fame

Will he coach again? Hard to say... He still has the ability to coach, and the desire to compete... but... due to his "aura" his candidacy for any position would get strong push back from many front offices trying to hang onto their jobs... Bleak prospects on the coaching front imo...

I agree. Although If the Cowboys fail again in 2034 I think Jerrah will sign him to get him one last Lombardi before he goes to the big ole whorehouse in the sky.

Not that anyone would ask, but as soon as Bill left I thought he should just take a year off and maybe reflect on why things ended so badly before rushing back in.

I can totally see him having a bounce back as a coach on a different team if he makes any effort to learn from the last few years.

I agree. Although If the Cowboys fail again in 2034 I think Jerrah will sign him to get him one last Lombardi before he goes to the big ole whorehouse in the sky.
its a consideration, no doubt. McCarthy is a lame duck this year, so we will see...

winding up in dallas... really almost a dead on mirror of the road the Tuna took

Any ideas about where he ends up?

I suspect that he will have a hard time finding a head coaching job since he would insist on being the GM also but he has a very spotty record as GM.
He was GM his entire 20 years in New England. He had some down years recently, but overall was an excellent GM.

Atlanta has stated explicitly that Belichick is NOT requesting to be GM.

But I don't think a 73 year old can take a year off from coaching and get back to it, to answer your question.

I read some networks have been looking at bringing him aboard, he'd be great for pre-game analysis talking about how the teams operate, I think it would be very interesting.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back