PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick "37 points on the best defense in the league bleep-bleep-bleep"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering at one point I clearly heard Welker call someone a '******* ***got' I'd say there's a pretty clear difference between the way this team comports itself on the field and how they are in front of a camera/microphone.

Wait! How was Welker on the field at the same time as Sanchez?

Last edited:
You're being obtuse.

Belichick's quote towards Mason was caught on video, word for word, and included in a very popular documentary. Yet people who recount the exchange still constantly and consistently get the quote wrong.

Whether or not it's paraphrased, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Belichick said it, and I doubt you're any closer to the guy than I am. His quote on WFAN this morning just about confirms it, IMO.

You did not read my post 2 posts earlier from the one you're responding to.

"......1) His speech pattern (even on the field) doesn't fit that description - - even when he does curse, i.e. the Derrick Mason situation, it's out of anger, not Rex Ryan-type celebration."

----------------------------------------------

Have never heard of or seen BILL BELICHICK curse in PUBLIC, TRIUMPHANTLY. Please show me anywhere, where that has ever happened or been reported before this New York Post reporter reported what he "overheard" on the Jets field.

It is what it is.

Whether he said it or not bothers me not at all. I could care less. It's just completely out of this man's character.

You, on the other hand, are completely believing a writer employed by a media company that has made hacking terror victims' voicemails a standard operating procedure.

I'd, at the very least, not take it on face value until there is some corroboration from another source.

Last edited:

"......1) His speech pattern (even on the field) doesn't fit that description - - even when he does curse, i.e. the Derrick Mason situation, it's out of anger, not Rex Ryan-type celebration."

How do you know this? He is not miked for every game, we do not hear his conversations going off the field. We do not hear his speeches to players etc..

Last edited:
If you have been around any sport on any level in a high octane game playing a team you despise you would be surprised on what is said. I have played pick up Ice hockey games with people who never ever swear say a bad thing about a person but once the game starts it changes. I would not be surprised at all id he did say those words. How do you know it is not in his speech pattern? Are you around him 24/7?

People on this board know Belichick 128,324,934 times better than we know Brian Costello writer whom some, evidently, trust completely.

Last edited:
People on this board know Belichick 128,324,934 times better than we know Brian Costello writer whom some, evidently, trust completely.

No most people are just saying that they can believe this would happen. It is not that difficult to believe that he would say something like that. Sorry I have been to enough pro games and close enough to hear players/coaches that this language wouldn't surprise me what so ever.

How do you know this? He is not miked for every game, we do not hear his conversations going off the field. We do not hear his speeches to players etc..

Look, no one knows what he says all the time.

From the books, interviews, "mic'd ups", psychoanalyses, etc that have been done and discussed for over a decade on Bill Belichick, it certainly seems out of character for him to chortle like that in public on an opponent's field.

Now, why do you trust Brian Costello of the New York Post so completely when he "reports" something that can never be refuted and has yet to be corroborated?

Last edited:

----------------------------------------------

Have never heard of or seen BILL BELICHICK curse in PUBLIC, TRIUMPHANTLY. Please show me anywhere, where that has ever happened or been reported before this New York Post reporter reported what he "overheard" on the Jets field.

It is what it is.

Whether he said it or not bothers me not at all. I could care less. It's just completely out of this man's character.

You, on the other hand, are completely believing a writer employed by a media company that has made hacking terror victims' voicemails a standard operating procedure.

I'd, at the very least, not take it on face value until there is some corroboration from another source.

This post is absolutely loaded with logical fallacies. Why are you so surprised this would happen? If you've ever played a competitive sport in your life (have you?), you would know that this sort of thing happens on a regular basis. Belichick's own quarterback is one of those guys.

No most people are just saying that they can believe this would happen. It is not that difficult to believe that he would say something like that. Sorry I have been to enough pro games and close enough to hear players/coaches that this language wouldn't surprise me what so ever.

Yes, patsrock, because Bill Belichick runs his team and interacts with people the very same way that other players/coaches do. ;)

If you haven't yet figured out that Belichick is an odd duck who does things differently than a Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci, Rex Ryan or Brian Billick, then go ahead and keep deluding yourself.

BB is paraniod about the press and guarded to a max in public.

I find it very out of character for him to slip like that after a MID-SEASON game.

Could it have happened? Sure. Anything is possible.

But the odds of it occuring are infinitely slimmer than a Murdoch reporter making up something that is impossible to refute.

Last edited:
Look, no one knows what he says all the time.

From the books, interviews, "mic'd ups", psychoanalyses, etc that have been done and discussed for over a decade on Bill Belichick, it certainly seems out of character for him to chortle like that in public on an opponent's field.

Now, why do you trust Brian Costello of the New York Post so completely when he "reports" something that can never be refuted and has yet to be corroborated?

Did I say I trust him completely? I am just not naive enough to believe that this is not true. I do not think it would be out of character for him to chortle like that on an opponents field. They are in pro sports and this stuff happens all the time and especially in the heat of the moment.

Until this is confirmed by any other source other than the one guy with the vested interest, it amounts to nothing more than hearsay. Buying into this is akin to believing gossip. Just because someone says something, doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
Next thing we know BB will now start doing the DX routine pre-game to get the team pumped up. ;)

His quote on WFAN this morning just about confirms it, IMO.

You've got to be kidding me. BB saying that private conversations will remain private is about as BB a thing to say as is possible. It confirms absolutely nothing.

Really, what are the chances that BB denies something? I've been listening to him for years and he rarely denies anything - particularly something that is a non-football topic. That's what BB does.

This post is absolutely loaded with logical fallacies. Why are you so surprised this would happen? If you've ever played a competitive sport in your life (have you?), you would know that this sort of thing happens on a regular basis. Belichick's own quarterback is one of those guys.

Kontra!!! You are equating Belichick with the average player/coach!!!!!

I'm talking about William Belichick. What the reporter claims is completely out of his character. Doesn't mean it's impossible. Just far more improbable than a NY Post reporter making up something juicy.

I have never seen or heard of him openly and happily gloating on an opponent's field like that.

If you can show me one instance of that happening - then great, I'd like to hear about it - - it would make him a little more human in my eyes.

Until this is confirmed by any other source other than the one guy with the vested interest, it amounts to nothing more than hearsay. Buying into this is akin to believing gossip. Just because someone says something, doesn't make it true.

There are alot of gullible people out there who don't consider reporting sources and don't consider decade plus records of on-field personality characteristics.

It's not impossible that Belichick said this in public, with his arm around his son, while strutting triumphantly across the Jets field after the game with media and Jets players all around him.

But anyone buying THAT from a NY Post writer without any corroboration is ready to buy some magic moon rocks.

Last edited:
I'm more curious about why the thread title is so overly censored? :confused2:

"37 points on the best defense in the league bleep-bleep-bleep"

Both "suck" and "my" are totally harmless words and are perfectly acceptable to use in everyday conversation. I actually had to click a link in the OP in order to find out what the hubbub was about. That took an extra 30 seconds to determine that this story is a complete and total non-story.

I can't get those 30 seconds back you know. ;)

On a serious note ... i have often said here we need to be careful how we word threads at times. I could have copied and pasted or used most of the letters. But if someone if Googling suck my d#ck then that would lead them here and that would not be good for Ian to be linked to other less desirable forums.

Google does pick up the words in the context
but a bit less so than the words in a header .... :rofl: .... header :eek:.

Last edited:
There are alot of gullible people out there who don't consider reporting sources and don't consider decade plus records of on-field personality characteristics.

Or they are not gullible and think that it is not of the realm of possibility that he did say this. He is human and stuff happens.

1) Belichick is not Rex Ryan. Nor is he any of the other types of people some here have said "it could happen, I've heard lots of players/coaches say similar things". Belichick is an odd duck. Simple as that. It would be OUT OF CHARACTER for him to say that in public. Not impossible, just exceptionally out of character.

2) You MUST put that youtube video on the board as a separate thread to itself - - it's just comic gold!!!!!! I give you 5 minutes - - if it's not there, I am going to do it myslef. Great find!

P.S. Looks like "Modest" beat you to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick