PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick "37 points on the best defense in the league bleep-bleep-bleep"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they are not gullible and think that it is not of the realm of possibility that he did say this. He is human and stuff happens.

Agreed, I've said it all along.

However, the ODDS of that are 100 narrower than the Post "reporter" doing a Tomase.

Anyone who follows football knows that.

I find it hard to believe he would say those last 3 words to anyone, let alone in front of his son. Or that he'd even say the first part of that sentence.

yea im with this one...not sure if i believe this happened

I don't know why everyone is assuming it isn't true. BB curses a lot. His son is not 8 years old. Dad's tend to watch their language around toddlers not their adult children.

I don't doubt he said it. Nor do I have any problem with it. I have said worse to Jets fans.

Just about to post that.

If anyone is wondering, the fan says "Hey Rex, Belichick is owning you.".

Rex's response is "shut the f*ck up."

:rofl:

Can this vicarious experience get any more delicious? :D

I don't believe this. He is the only one who heard this right? Has he got it on tape?
BB curses but this sound too crass even for Rex Ryan to say let alone BB to his son.

“Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---,”

Hey! That's the same thing I said!

Me and BB are like peas in a pod.

EDIT: I also think this is fabricated, not because of the profanity, but because BB knows as well as anyone that the Jets haven't been close to the best defense in the league.

Last edited:
In other news... Rex Ryan was overheard after the game saying.. "Worst Defense in the league!!??? Suck my toes!!"

Kontra!!! You are equating Belichick with the average player/coach!!!!!

I'm talking about William Belichick. What the reporter claims is completely out of his character. Doesn't mean it's impossible. Just far more improbable than a NY Post reporter making up something juicy.

I have never seen or heard of him openly and happily gloating on an opponent's field like that.

If you can show me one instance of that happening - then great, I'd like to hear about it - - it would make him a little more human in my eyes.

Even though you didn't put it in question form, that's a loaded question. While I don't know if he was gloating and it was on our field, he had a pretty big sh!t eating grin while staring a hole through Mangini late in the 4th quarter of the '06 Wild Card round.

Agreed, I've said it all along.

However, the ODDS of that are 100 narrower than the Post "reporter" doing a Tomase.

Anyone who follows football knows that.

Ok,, look miss Belichick, all men say vulgar stuff from time to time in the heat of the moment. It doesn't mean your son is a bad man. ;)

1) Belichick is not Rex Ryan. Nor is he any of the other types of people some here have said "it could happen, I've heard lots of players/coaches say similar things". Belichick is an odd duck. Simple as that. It would be OUT OF CHARACTER for him to say that in public. Not impossible, just exceptionally out of character.

2) You MUST put that youtube video on the board as a separate thread to itself - - it's just comic gold!!!!!! I give you 5 minutes - - if it's not there, I am going to do it myslef. Great find!

I guarantee you Bill has said that and a lot worse in public, although within the confines of Gillette on practice days closed to the public. He wasn't addressing his comments to the public, they were being made in private to his son albeit in a public setting.

Rex last night - with camera's still running on a nationally televised game, referred to his franchise QB as "that stupid ****" and posed the question "What the **** is he thinking?" before pronouncing his mistake "the ******* stupidist play in the history of the league".

I've witnessed Bill asking that same question on multiple occasions in multiple seasons. What would be out of character for him to do is call a player (let alone his starting QB) a stupid **** or dub any mistake the stupidist play in the history of the league while on national television. He isn't over the top emotionally out of control in game like Rex is. But he does have his vindictive side and he's been known to vent post game, just ask Tom Jackson. Rex has been alternately praising and mocking him for 3 years now in a diversionary effort to get under his teams if not his own personal skin, and frankly I think Bill is sick and tired of his act. And I don't doubt for a minute that he said as much to his son...not that it was any idiot NY mediots business to report it. But from his perspective it probably beat the hell out of competing with all the tired of Rex's act blather his peers are engaged in this AM.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

What a night

Ok,, look miss Belichick, all men say vulgar stuff from time to time in the heat of the moment. It doesn't mean your son is a bad man. ;)

Once again, Mrs. Ryan (btw, my compliments on the cuticles), no one ever said he doesn't curse - - of course he does.

Belichick gloating like that on another team's field in front of media and opposing players is something only gullible people like you would fall hook-line-and-sinker for from a New York Post reporter without CORROBORATION.

Last edited:
Too funny. Belichick obviously takes it personal when it comes to the Jets.

This has turned into a great rivalry.

Too funny. Belichick obviously takes it personal when it comes to the Jets.

This has turned into a great rivalry.

It must have been tough watching Brady's horrible mechanics and bad pocket presence last night. Your eyes sure do have to be hurting you today. We need to kick start the Hoyer era this week.

I guarantee you Bill has said that and a lot worse in public, although within the confines of Gillette on practice days closed to the public.

This was being purposely humorous, right?

First off - I have no doubt that Belichick said this. It's in line with everything we know about the guy. And I mean that in a good way.

Second, I love it. I love that he wants to stick it to everyone that much.

For everyone who has a problem with it - come on, this is professional sports. These guys swear, and swear often - and heck, even swear creatively. You're naive to think otherwise.

Last edited:
First off - I have no doubt that Belichick said this. It's in line with everything we know about the guy. And I mean that in a good way.

Second, I love it. I love that he wants to stick it to everyone that much.

For everyone who has a problem with it - come on, this is professional sports. These guys swear, and swear often - and heck, even swear creatively. You're naive to think otherwise.

Who said they have a problem with Belichick cursing?

Last edited:
I think it's funny that some fans are legitimately butthurt at the idea of Belichick saying something like this. I find it equally funny that members of a Patriots messageboard think they know anything about Bill seeing as how they've never met the man, or seen him behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back