PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard and the Two Bozos Listening Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedard - chargers with all of their offensive weapons should be a handful

Bedard - this is a statement game for the Patriots

Same. Kinda ****ty if the oversleeping is the sole reason he isn't out there. Wouldn't that be special treatment to Revis and possibly Ayers then if that were the case? Doesn't seem like a BB thing to do. I guess maybe he hasn't proven himself or whatever...

I'm sick of the oversleeping excuse for why Gray isn't playing. Gray violated the prime directive, "Ignore the noise." He's a first year Patriot who had one good week, made the cover of SI, and then did crap like the Karaoke bit for Toucher and Rich, celebrated his fame and showed up late for work. This is serious business. He can celebrate in February and March. Now is the time to do your job.

Belichick is sending precisiely the right signal to the 53 young men that work for him by his demand that these guys prove they are professionals. These guys have a well-paid fleeting moment of opportunity to do something that very few athletes will ever get a chance at. They need to show that they take it as seriously as their HOF coach and HOF quarterback do.

again says that outside dbs are better at technique than home grown ones. gave an example using logan ryan but i couldn't keep up

Maybe it is not so much of a teaching problem but a physical problem?

If so, they can hire our fellow poster/fitness guru gymrat to instill fundamentals like barbell squats on the BOSU ball and the newest miracle recovery protein shakes. This way, they can overcome any technique deficiencies by increasing their overall physical fitness.

Haven't seen gymrat around for a while, so maybe they did hire him? :cool:

Maybe it is not so much of a teaching problem but a physical problem?

If so, they can hire our fellow poster/fitness guru gymrat to instill fundamentals like barbell squats on the BOSU ball and the newest miracle recovery protein shakes. This way, they can overcome any technique deficiencies by increasing their overall physical fitness.

Haven't seen gymrat around for a while, so maybe they did hire him? :cool:

Dude, its bulking season. I wouldn't expect to see the gym rat until the spring. Rumor has it he has added 15 pounds to his frame without sacrificing any flexibility or mobility.

Poor execution by Logan Ryan on the game-clinching catch by Cobb

Very disappointed with L.Ryan at the moment. Either way, at least we know what's there with him at CB, which (in my opinion) is much better than continuing to wonder in the offseason again.

I'm not meaning to suggest that he's horrible--just that I was hoping for something more, and have not been impressed in the least. He hasn't gotten flat out torched too often, but he does seem to be a step or two behind very often.

Bedard - this is a statement game for the Patriots
Which game is not a statement game for the patriots ?
Bengals after KC.
Can we beat Denver ?
Can we win vs a good team on the road in Indy ?
Can we beat the #1 defense ?

We lose to GB and now its a statement game.

I am not saying its a tough game but the statement game stuff is never ending.

Very disappointed with L.Ryan at the moment. Either way, at least we know what's there with him at CB, which (in my opinion) is much better than continuing to wonder in the offseason again.

I'm not meaning to suggest that he's horrible--just that I was hoping for something more, and have not been impressed in the least. He hasn't gotten flat out torched too often, but he does seem to be a step or two behind very often.

I hate to say it but I feel like bedard is onto something. I thought LR was exceptional last year and was hoping for a second year jump. He even said Pat Chung is better than before because of how he was coached in Philly :(

I hate to say it but I feel like bedard is onto something. I thought LR was exceptional last year and was hoping for a second year jump. He even said Pat Chung is better than before because of how he was coached in Philly :(
So during the offseason LR was coached the wrong way after being coached the right way during his rookie season ?

So during the offseason LR was coached the wrong way after being coached the right way during his rookie season ?

Bedard is implying that Loghan Ryan was coached well at Rutgers and not in New England. I'd love to disagree but it's not an isolated incident with our corners regressing.

Anyone who watched Chung in Philly understands that it is absurd to lump him into this conversation. The only viable explanation is that his role is tailored more to his strengths.

It is completely unfounded, asinine statements like this that have seriously diminished my opinion of Bedard. Just two weeks ago I would have said that he is one of the better media members, but the stupid has been strong with him of late. Probably it's been there the whole time, it's just been dwarfed by that of his brethren.

Bedard is implying that Loghan Ryan was coached well at Rutgers and not in New England. I'd love to disagree but it's not an isolated incident with our corners regressing.
So who is responsible ? Boyer is doing what BB is telling him to do. Iam sure if the coaching was wrong BB is smart enough to observe and fix it.

So who is responsible ? Boyer is doing what BB is telling him to do. Iam sure if the coaching was wrong BB is smart enough to observe and fix it.
Obviously it all goes back to the top and this is Bills team. I'm not throwing bill under the bus, but there's only 24 hours in a day. I'm not questioning how he uses those 24 hours, I just think more time/efforts are going elsewhere. I like what he's doing with this team and all his teams going back to 2000.

This is the weirdest thread I've run into in a while. So Rodgers sniffed out our game plan, perfectly attacked with other receivers, Ran to keep our rush at bay and was lucky enough to pick the game where all our formerly great depth DBs were regressing back to their childhood, or a lower evolutionary lifeform.

I guess Rodgers is also lucky, not just good.

Obviously it all goes back to the top and this is Bills team. I'm not throwing bill under the bus, but there's only 24 hours in a day. I'm not questioning how he uses those 24 hours, I just think more time/efforts are going elsewhere. I like what he's doing with this team and all his teams going back to 2000.
Well, that is the general issue. Everyone blames patricia or boyer or anyeone when there is no pressure on QB or when DBs playback but no one calls out Bill because its utlimately BB defense. I know he cant overseee everything but if he doesnt see this so called bad coaching DBs for so many years then he is not doing his job. And BB sees everything. I wont not take the easy route to blame assistant coaches for the problems because we cant call BB out for his schemes.
I for one dont blame the coaches or boyer or anyone.

Got a dislike for quoting Bedard. How do I dislike a dislike?

I have to admit to not seeing the point of the dislike button. It seems remarkably childish. I guess I can see some minor value to "disagree" but even that feels unnecessary. I'd much rather discuss it instead.

I have to admit to not seeing the point of the dislike button. It seems remarkably childish. I guess I can see some minor value to "disagree" but even that feels unnecessary. I'd much rather discuss it instead.
That's an adult approach. Knock it off...

Felger - pats do not have former secondary players on the coaching staff because of $$

Felger is incorrigible with his repeated theories that the Krafts are limiting the success of this team because they have Belichick on a strict budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes