PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Brandon Lafell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he can regain his form with Edelman back for the playoffs and next year's a contract year, can replace him in 2017.

Do you know he didn't spend a few minutes each day on the catching machine?

If he has its not helping. I don't want him gone, just want him to fight for the ball more. That's why we lost two superbowls, our recievers can't catch or just going through the motions and our opponents recievers catching balls with their helmet.

Calvin Johnson would be that guy!

Any legit middle-deep guy will do (Although Megatron on a Patriots-realistic salary would be sweet). The Patriots haven't been flush with a 3 level WR attack since 2008 (Welker/Gaffney/Moss).

Any legit middle-deep guy will do (Although Megatron on a Patriots-realistic salary would be sweet). The Patriots haven't been flush with a 3 level WR attack since 2008 (Welker/Gaffney/Moss).

On a personal note Deus, do you also have fantasies of personal "relationships" with supermodels?

Imagine if they didn't cheap out on Manny Sanders...

On a personal note Deus, do you also have fantasies of personal "relationships" with supermodels?

Having dated my share of your run of the mill models (not "Super"models) back when I was living in Florida, I can safely and honestly say that my desire for dating the "Super"models is completely nonexistent.

Now dating their bank accounts, on the other hand....

Last edited:
Imagine if they didn't cheap out on Manny Sanders...

I underrated him at the time. At 5'11", he's not the "perfect" middle-deep guy, but he's a great example of a slightly poor(er) man's Antonio Brown, and he'd be a hugely impactful player on the Patriots.

Edelman
Sanders
Amendola
Gronk
Lewis

How the hell would anyone stop that?

I underrated him at the time. At 5'11", he's not the "perfect" middle-deep guy, but he's a great example of a slightly poor(er) man's Antonio Brown, and he'd be a hugely impactful player on the Patriots.

Edelman
Sanders
Amendola
Gronk
Lewis

How the hell would anyone stop that?

Ditto. I really liked the guy then, but had NO idea he'd become what he has. You're spot on... he'd be the intermediate to long range threat that Brady has lacked ever since Moss went rogue.

Ditto. I really liked the guy then, but had NO idea he'd become what he has. You're spot on... he'd be the intermediate to long range threat that Brady has lacked ever since Moss went rogue.

Right on. I liked him & thought he'd be good but he's really exceeded expectations. :(

Lafell is the Chung of the offense.

Just needs to be put in the right situation to be productive.

That is all.

Lafell is the Chung of the offense.

Just needs to be put in the right situation to be productive.

That is all.
The difference is that Chung has been healthy (I hope) while LaFell appears headed in the wrong direction. We have seen him be effective when healthy, but we have an epidemic of foot injuries to our WRs.

Last edited:
The difference is that Chung has been healthy (I hope) while LaFell appears headed in the wrong direction. We have seen him be effective when healthy, but we have an epidemic of foot injuries to our WRs.

Rex Ryan Voodoo.

LaFell's comments speak loudly. And they don't paint the prettiest picture.
What, he doesnt like training camp? him not liking it didnt stop him from doing well last year, I think a lot of players dont like training camp and it doesnt seem like BB is holding it against him.

If Edelman and Amendola return to form, it will cause a domino effect where LaFell can take advantage of a weaker CB on slants or sideline routes, much like last year. He had a great role in the offense, and I think he is still capable if he can use his actual advantages rather than this ill-fitting role he has been forced into by necessity.

Drop Rate for current receiving targets for Pats 2015

Boldon 10.0%
Edelman 9.1
LaFell 8.1
White 5.6
Martin 5.4
Chandler 4.8
Amendola 2.3
Gronk 0.8

Both Edelman and LaFell have poor drop rates. Other then the TE, the drops have got worse in 2015.
Not sure what's up with Pat's and Chandler. After picking him up from Buffalo, the Pat's pretty much ignored him in the offense. He is catching barely 50% of the balls thrown his way. I don't know if he is a poor route runner or just can't pick up the offense. LaFell is only catching 50% of the balls thrown his way and one of the worse drop rates on the team. It's no wonder he is not getting much love this year from the posters.

It's not all negative though. Even though they may have dropped a few more passes, Edelman, Amendola, White, Gronk are amongst the best at catching the balls thrown their way. Even White catches more balls thrown his way then Vereen did although he may drop a few more. Even Martin at 65% catch rate is considered good. In fact other then LaFell and Chandler, we were catching the ball on a more consistent basis then last year which is probably reflected in the fast start we had in 2015. We have a good team but injuries have decimated us. How healthy can we get before we play is a question still to be answered.

Drop Rates for same players in 2014

Boldon 0.0% (strictly a special teams player in 2014)
Edelman 6.0 (not elite but not bad)
LaFell 1.7 (this is really really good which makes 2015 look even worse)
White 0.0 (Vereen was the featured 3rd down back)
Vereen 2.6 (better then White's 5.6% in 2015)
Martin 0.0 (caught 6 passes all year for Hou)
Chandler 5.7 (was with Buffalo Bills 47 receptions)
Amendola 0.0 (27 receptions. 5th on team. He has better hands then Edelman)
Gronk 5.3

Were the Pats even in on Sanders the second time around? I was under the impression that they wanted Sanders in 2013 (hence the offer sheet) but not in 2014 after Edelman's breakout year because Sanders was seen as a bit more redundant while LaFell added some size that was otherwise lacking. I don't think too many people here would complain about them picking Edelman over Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results