PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Brandon Lafell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick LaFell to the curb, bring Sanu in.

Kick LaFell to the curb, bring Sanu in.

Sanu mostly operates out of the slot and can't operate further than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Brian Quick is a possibility to replace LaFell, but only if he's healthy.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset. He's a decent 6th option.

"Mentally and schematically there, I think that's all caught up. Physically, it's improving.

I thought this was the money part of the conversation, and I noted it in the awards thread. BB is giving his take on why Lafell is having a down season, and he's telling us that it's because the guy's been dealing with the physical issues. And that helps explain why the guy's been coming across as a bit soft, although it doesn't explain why he's been seen quitting on routes.

I hope BB makes Martin the WR3. He excelled in that role when the offense was dominating.
Martin isn't allowed to play, half his catches get taken away on bs penalties.

LaFell is a decent, complimentary piece who can play split end. He was never intended to be a game breaker nor is that a reasonable ask. He is a decent complimentary player who can win off the line which is a requirement for being able to play his position. Place him in an offense with a good flanker, a good slot, and the all world tight end and he will be able to contribute to the team as coverage dictates. Asking more from him is unreasonable.

90% of the board already wants him gone.

Bunch of Jeff Luries and Jimmy Haslams on this thread

I'd like to see him 100% healthy next year.

Then I'll pass judgement.

90% of the board already wants him gone.

Bunch of Jeff Luries and Jimmy Haslams on this thread

I'd like to see him 100% healthy next year.

Then I'll pass judgement.

LaFell might not be here next year. Apparently switched to Revis' ass*** uncle Sean Gilbert, which means you know he is looking for $$$.

LaFell's comments speak loudly. And they don't paint the prettiest picture.
Pretty sure a lot of those guys dont like camp. Doesn't mean anything.

laFAIL has had a horrible season.
even the one td he had against houston got wiped away for some bogus penalty.

should use some stickum

We just want him to catch the ball and be a little ambitious when it comes to him. No training camp, foot surgery but while you are waitung to get back spend a few minutes each day on the catching machine. He could do it in a wheelchair as long as he will catch the ball better. Some of these guys that get hurt seem to have no ambition to improve other parts of their game. Dobson had foot surgery too and while he was waiting he could have aced the playbook and gradually walked then jogged every route then come back as a better player.
Do you know he didn't spend a few minutes each day on the catching machine?

LaFell would have had a fine season if he was our 3rd or 4th option on most plays. He can't line up and beat top defenders. Martin seems to create opportunities for himself better than LaFell.

I agree with that but he has had a lot of drops which has nothing to do with beating #1 CB type coverage.

LaFell might not be here next year. Apparently switched to Revis' ass*** uncle Sean Gilbert, which means you know he is looking for $$$.
Yea it's a 1m cap charge if cut and due 2.8m in 2016...

Thats small dollars for a guy like him.

Nobody's asking lafell to be a superstar. Is getting 70 to 75 yards alot? No. He has been invisible in some of these games. Maybe he's not right but he did have a decent game against philly

Martin has become the new OPI magnet unfortunately.

Lafell right now's not worth a big contract.

Nobody's asking lafell to be a superstar. Is getting 70 to 75 yards alot? No. He has been invisible in some of these games. Maybe he's not right but he did have a decent game against philly
75 yards a game pretty much IS a superstar. That's a 1200+ season.

For the record, I don't want him gone. I want the WR corps augmented with a true middle-deep threat.

Calvin Johnson would be that guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe