PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At leaSt now we'll see who the true fans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still here, been a Pats fan since 1976. Tonight does not change that.

EZ76

I've been a fan for over 30 years, so it's all good for me. I will always be a Patsfan, even if we go 0-16. Am I uspet? Sure. But football is like life, there are up and downs. Good point on the play calling. I know that's "our style", but I've wondered all year why sometimes we dont' just open it up from the start, as opposed to when we're facing a huge deficit.

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
I am still here, been a Pats fan since 1976. Tonight does not change that.

EZ76

I grew up watching the pats, even went to some games, since the 70s. I'm still proud of what our team has accomplished this year. And even if they went back to teh 2-14 seasons, I'd still love 'em and root for them no matter what.

We'll be back next year. As for me being a fan, tomorrow I have to go to work and hear from all the jerks. Pray for me please.

yep, i'm still a pats fan. lol. Our team has accomplished alot over the years. I am disappointed by all of the turnovers, though. The loss would have been easier to stomach if our team played its heart out and just got outplayed, but it seemed like we shot ourselves in the foot with all of the uncharacteristic mistakes and turnovers. But the team will be back to fight again next season and we will be a threat to go the distance once again. Go Pats!

Last edited:
Turnovers plain and simple. Playcalling had nothing to do with a failure in execution which a turnover is. Faulk is a risk/reward guy but you couldn't have told me Brady would throw that pick or that Troy Brown would fumble a puntThis team fought all year and even until the end tonight. They will be back and they're still on pace to be one of the greatest dynastys ever.

KDPpatsfan said:
I believe that 2 of the TO's were as a result of the play calling in a way. 1.) Faulk should not have been carrying the ball in that situation since he is a know fumbler in traffic. 2.) that throw by Brady should not have happend I.E. they should have run it before hand.

That's not really play calling though. It's personnel and execution. We never had credible running game this season. Partly due to injuries and/or dropoff by our lead rb, partly because we don't have a viable backup for our lead rb, and partly because that O line never really got the hang of run blocking or pass blocking (with any consistency or against the better teams).

Last season that ball is not in Faulks hands to fumble, which led to the bogus interference call, which led to the TD, which resulted in Hobbs returning a kickoff that wouldn't have occurred and fumbling (because he was trying to make up too much on one play). Last season we punch footballs in in the red zone (or have a legit option to) rather than forcing the pass. Sure, Brady could have thrown it away and settled for the FG, except those weren't a guarantee tonight either. But after the 10 point momentum swing Faulk unleashed, and a missed FG, Brady (under tremendous pressure all night) was trying to do too much. Lets face it - we were all saying we needed 7 there.

While we were all preoccupied with the defense this season, this offense was never really consistently very good. Inconsistent in the receiving game, no running game. Brady was the one bright spot on offense all season. Tonight he just couldn't carry them any farther. It's a shame to waste a season with a 28 year old HOF QB. Belichick needs to figure out how to better protect and utilize that asset before something more unfortunate than a playoff loss occurs. Givens is likely gone. Branch is not a #1. Bethel is a waste of space. Davis has some potential if he wants to stay. Troy (who is obviously devastated by his mistake) may retire. Montana did it with Rice, Brady's done it three times already with the catch of the day. Koppen and Light will be back, but the line was struggling before they went out so who knows.

I feel bad for the defense because they got their act together (just not soon enough to grab a 2 seed) and clearly played well enough to win not just this week but for a few more. The good news is that bodes well going forward (provided Willie and Izzo don't kill each other on the plane ride home).

We'll have a lot to talk about this off season and three more weeks to talk about it.

God love Lobel - he's playing highlights from all the 3 games to glory's to close out his post game show. We'll live to fight another day.

MO..I agree with everything you said actually. Especially the part about the offense being shooty and inconsistent all year. I still maintain that we need an OC.

KDPpatsfan said:
MO..I agree with everything you said actually. Especially the part about the offense being shooty and inconsistent all year. I still maintain that we need an OC.

I think a consistent running game makes any OC look better. Here's hoping they get one regardless whose calling the plays.

I have reserved seats in the front row of the bandwagon.
I have been going to Pats games since the first ever game at old BU Field - have has season tix for 35 years.

I am here and not going anywhere. I think Tom Brady and BB/SP have a few more championships to win.

Tough way to lose (are there any good ways?), can't wait for next year.

Still here ,but will not watch nfl network, espn, espn news, cold pizzza, mike and the mad dog, mike and mike, and all the other crap that goes when we win in the playoffs, it will tell me that all they say is the pats are not good, and we suck.... Been a fan since 1978 ,but this is the worse lose since the desomond howard retrurn in sb 31... You can argue the stillers were a better team in 97 and the jags in 98 , but we beat ourselves, and it hurts because its not like we were out played...... Love Grogan Morgan Tippet, Armstrong and Bledsoe, but this one hurts more than the SB 31 loss.... we should still be playin next week....

This one hurts for sure, but you can't expect a championship every year. We're not Yankees fans. Still, you wonder about all those bounces that could have, should have gone our way... :(

I've been a loyal Pats fan for 15 years, so I'm sure not giving up on my boys now. Even if we go 1-15 I'll still be a fan, wearing the jerseys with pride, driving 8 hours to Foxboro to see a game once a year as always.

Let's get #4 next year.

JPK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back