PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson, Grimes and Samuel.... very interesting trio for the Falcons.

Yes, though we are wondering if Samuel's ability to cover was propagated by being a DB in 2 divisions that typically had week to moderate QB play. When at NE, he faced jets,dolphins, and bills. When with philly he faced redskins,cowboys, and giants.

Eli just started to play well, so Romo is probably the best he faced division wise on a regular basis.
At 5ft 8" ,NFCS has pretty large receivers averaging 6ft 3", and he's facing Brees,Freeman, and Cam. Should be interesting to see how he handles the change. He didn't cover colston or meachum very well last time we played philly.
We think they over payed for him, but it is and improvement over what they had. The good thing is that coming from philly to Atlanta, the falcon fans won't shock him to much ;)

Last edited:
Yes, though we are wondering if Samuel's ability to cover was propagated by being a DB in 2 divisions that typically had week to moderate QB play. When at NE, he faced jets,dolphins, and bills. When with philly he faced redskins,cowboys, and giants.

Eli just started to play well, so Romo is probably the best he faced division wise on a regular basis.
At 5ft 8" ,NFCS has pretty large receivers averaging 6ft 3", and he's facing Brees,Freeman, and Cam. Should be interesting to see how he handles the change. He didn't cover colston or meachum very well last time we played philly.
We think they over payed for him, but it is and improvement over what they had. The good thing is that coming from philly to Atlanta, the falcon fans won't shock him to much ;)
7 picks in total with facing the manning brothers in total. and the falcons face giants and denver this year. I shall find out if Asante really will help the falcons. but with what they had, I say yes.
Thanks for being a great team of fans also. y'all have a great season and I look forward to seeing y'all in the super bowl.

Three corners on guaranteed deals all making starter money. Will be interesting to see if Atlanta can figure out a way to get one of them to play nickle...

Dimetroff and Smith are beginning to feel their seats warming in Atlanta. Dimetroff has chosen a bolder path in Atlanta than either of his mentors would be inclined to follow and to date his results have been mixed and recently they trending towards disappointing. And the more distance that unfolds between the disaster they inherited that was the post Vick debaucle Falcons and the present the more likely Blank is to start demanding a better showing from his GM and HC.

Three corners on guaranteed deals all making starter money. Will be interesting to see if Atlanta can figure out a way to get one of them to play nickle...

Dimetroff and Smith are beginning to feel their seats warming in Atlanta. Dimetroff has chosen a bolder path in Atlanta than either of his mentors would be inclined to follow and to date his results have been mixed and recently they trending towards disappointing. And the more distance that unfolds between the disaster they inherited that was the post Vick debaucle Falcons and the present the more likely Blank is to start demanding a better showing from his GM and HC.

Agree. This is has Blanks stamp written all over it. Falcons are 1-11 vs SP/ Brees Saints era in NFCS. They are trying to find a way of stoping the saints passing game. If Smith loses 2 division games again this season vs the Saints, I would not be surprised to see him replaced next season.

Agree. This is has Blanks stamp written all over it. Falcons are 1-11 vs SP/ Brees Saints era in NFCS. They are trying to find a way of stoping the saints passing game. If Smith loses 2 division games again this season vs the Saints, I would not be surprised to see him replaced next season.

I don't see Blank here. I see Dimitroff. He's just countered the the Saints passing game by going with 3 quality starting CBs, and saving draft picks for the defensive front seven/offensive line. The Falcons now have their QB/RB/TE/WRs on offense, and Jones will now have a full season and an offseason under his belt. If Tatupu can rebound a bit, and Dimitroff can draft well along the lines, Atlanta should end up being the division favorite heading into the season, especially if the Saints lose key players to suspensions for any real period of time.

Wow, the Falcons got Asante for nothing. With the redone contract, and for a 7th round pick, I would have loved to have seen him back here. He's being paid about what he's worth now, and while he has holes in his game, it should be pretty much self-evident to anyone who watched the secondary last season that he would have been an improvement.

Good move by Dimitroff. The Julio Jones trade-up was so preposterously stupid that I can't consider him a good GM, but this definitely helps them.

Last edited:
Wow, the Falcons got Asante for nothing. With the redone contract, and for a 7th round pick, I would have loved to have seen him back here. He's being paid about what he's worth now, and while he has holes in his game, it should be pretty much self-evident to anyone who watched the secondary last season that he would have been an improvement.

Good move by Dimitroff. The Julio Jones trade-up was so preposterously stupid that I can't consider him a good GM, but this definitely helps them.

Did you read today's Herald. This writer from Philly didn't care too much for Asante.
Marcus Hayes: In Asante Samuel trade, Eagles toss a no-hitter - BostonHerald.com

I don't see Blank here. I see Dimitroff. He's just countered the the Saints passing game by going with 3 quality starting CBs, and saving draft picks for the defensive front seven/offensive line. The Falcons now have their QB/RB/TE/WRs on offense, and Jones will now have a full season and an offseason under his belt. If Tatupu can rebound a bit, and Dimitroff can draft well along the lines, Atlanta should end up being the division favorite heading into the season, especially if the Saints lose key players to suspensions for any real period of time.

Yeah, it could be. I just think Blank has had enough of us dominating his team.
This isn't a move Smith would do or Dimitroff did in the past. They always tried to kill our pass attack by pass rushing. Thats one reason the Saints OL was always a priority for SP.
The Falcon OL has never been that good. If thats not their #1 draft priority I can see them being humiliated by another DL in the playoffs. Ryan needs time, he will never be a brady. He's a pattern passer. Turner has lost a step, and the jury is still out on JJ. He didn't do that well last year. I don't think Gonzalez is as good either. He used to be a real problem. But last 2 seasons he hasn't been able to break coverage. They might need a new TE. Yeah, they will be favorites no matter what though,lol.

I think its interesting how a team is built out of reaction, like the Falcons, instead of being proactive. Everything and every pick on that team is built just to beat the Saints. Even their weal OL is a product of they know we have never had a pass rush. Its very interesting.

Last edited:
would you trade your 2013 5th rounder for Samuel?

1306720430001.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk