PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As I'm watching the Texas- OSU Game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
there's one thing that I can't get out of my head....Michael Griffin looks like a combination of Ed Reed, and Rodney Harrison, the guy is just all over the field and is such an intelligent safety, I have a feeling he will be the next strong safety for the Patriots.

Not Tommy Z????

Z wont be much in NFL

Griffin-Landry-Meriweather are guys i want!

espeically Griffin and Meriweather!

I would take Meriweather over Tommy Z, but Z will be a darn good NFL player.

I agree with Remix, Meriweather, and Griffin are the guys I want (even though Meriweather is more of a FS).

I like Landry. After all the draft highlites I watched during the off-season, I half expected to see David Thomas on offense for Texas. Expected to see Maroney while I was watching the Cal-Minnesota game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, but assuming Eugene Wilson isn't shipped off, we need a replacement for Rodney (unless Sanders steps up in a BIG way), and Landry/ Meriweather are more free safety then strong safety. Griffin on the other hand, hits like a strong safety, and covers like a free safety!

Wow, Texas has a bad case of Laurenitis.

your sort of wrong about Meriweather being more of an FS..hes very good against run..gets rolled afew times but hes really good everywhere..remember Harrison was an FS before..im a huge Miami fan. i think Meriweather is a playmaker and sort of a cross between Taylor-Reed

I'll take any of the 4 safeties, of course since we need safties, BB & Pioli will probably take a DE in the first round in 2007. We all clamored for LB & WR in the 2006 draft, and we got a RB.

Man! IDK what the heck is up with Griffin, some white boy name Gonzalez is tearing him apart! Come on my man! Scott, I'll try to watch Brandon more!

Hook 'em baby!

Jamaal Charles looks like Tatum Bell

You're right about the drafting. I almost think the media can control what BB does by saying what he will not do. We all KNEW he did not draft O-line high (except Light), and then he drafts Oline in 1 and 3. This year, we KNEW he was going to draft defense -- the only question was LB or CB.

How about Doug Datish at Center if we can't re-sign Koppen? Team captain; was a tackle; blue collar kid; nice little mean streak -- last year, he "drew" a personal foul and in another instance had offsetting penalties against ND.

Actually, I think we should use the cap to re-sign Koppen and Graham now. Neal, Light, and Mankins are locked up.

Can't watch the game, gents. Can you give a summary?

You can;t get ABC?

7-0 Bucks. Ginn is the star OSU receiver, but Gonzalez has been doing the damage -- 3 receptions, I believe, on the TD drive including the TD.

Play of the game was a fumble by Texas at the OSU 5 (or so), returned to the 50.

OSU missed a makable FG on the first drive.

Q2, 4:00 and Texas is driving at the OSU 27.

Interesting: because of the heat, OSU has put in an entire second O-line at times to give the first team a break. Maybe the third, checking line, will come in next.

BishBash, basically a defensive struggle, with neither team looking great with the exception of the two QB's (McCoy/ Smith), the OSU reciever Gonzalez, and Jamaal Charles. Texas got a first down in the goal line thanks to a questionable helmet to helmet call against an OSU linebacker which led to the TD, and the score you see, 7-7.

Last edited:
What a chicken**** call on the alleged helmut to helmut. A gift.

PWP it was clearly helmet to helmet whether intentional or not. Helmet to helmet is an automatic penalty.....

onegameatatime said:
You can;t get ABC?
Not from where I'm stuck.
Thanks 1game and Mavfan!

14-7 at the half. OSU receivers having a big day so far.

Texas will receive on the kickoff.

Just saw the replay of the Ginn catch -- beat the CB and looked like he had at least another a gear.

OSU is giving up a lot of rushing yars -- obviously miss those draftees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3