PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As I'm watching the Texas- OSU Game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, where does OSU get all those LB's ? That Laurenitais looks great. I agree, Ginn looks good, as does the QB Smith.

I'm not sure about this year, but typically OSU has about 7-8 guys on each side of the ball who are from Ohio and 3-4 from all other states. With Michigan, it's the reverse.

A few years ago, Miami got a lot pf press for having 6 first rounders (Wilfork, Winslow, etc). OSU had 14!! players drafted.

onegameatatime said:
Interesting: because of the heat, OSU has put in an entire second O-line at times to give the first team a break. Maybe the third, checking line, will come in next.

Swell "line" !

"You can't get ABC?" ... was almost as good.

onegameatatime said:
I'm not sure about this year, but typically OSU has about 7-8 guys on each side of the ball who are from Ohio and 3-4 from all other states. With Michigan, it's the reverse.

A few years ago, Miami got a lot pf press for having 6 first rounders (Wilfork, Winslow, etc). OSU had 14!! players drafted.

Really?
Ohio high school football is good?
Who knew?

For full disclosure, in 2005, the Buckeyes had only 3 drafted players. One was PK Mike Nugent, and one will soon be in prison.

That year did produce Bam Childress, who is a great player when we keep him and a marginal player when we cut him.

2006: back to 9 drafted and 5 first rounders. Hawk was an Ohioan.

Ohio football is not bad!

24-7.

Texas drove but missed a FG. May man Datish had a holding penalty, but it was followed by a defensive facemask. OSU then drove down for the TD.

The fat lady is warming up and putting her helmet on.

mavfan2390 said:
there's one thing that I can't get out of my head....Michael Griffin looks like a combination of Ed Reed, and Rodney Harrison, the guy is just all over the field and is such an intelligent safety, I have a feeling he will be the next strong safety for the Patriots.

Frankly, the entire Texas secondary played like **** tonight. The Griffin twins included.

mavfan2390 said:
there's one thing that I can't get out of my head....Michael Griffin looks like a combination of Ed Reed, and Rodney Harrison, the guy is just all over the field and is such an intelligent safety, I have a feeling he will be the next strong safety for the Patriots.

I liked Gonzalez, the WR for OSU.

Frankly, the entire Texas secondary played like **** tonight. The Griffin twins included.

I know :( in the beginning they were playing pretty well tho.....man that stupid Gonzalez had his career highs! I didn't like Mack Browns play calling at all, he kept on bringing the pressure, and Smith kept on escaping, that left Mi. Griffin on an island by himself against Gonzalez.

PatsWickedPissah said:
What a chicken**** call on the alleged helmut to helmut. A gift.

Amen, PWP. That was a clean, hard hit. He did NOT lead with his helmet. Words cannot convey my disgust with the interpretation of rules designed to "protect" the QB. What a horrible message that zebra sent to all defensive players and coaches watching the game. And don't forget the 5-yard limit and PI rules which allow prima donna WRs to roam freely, like models on a runway. If **** Butkus were dead, he would be spinning in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes