PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artwell Hawkins retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.tribune-democrat.com/prosports/local_story_214235649.html

I know he is not a big name and did not become the savior in the secondary in 2005-2006 but when he was called upon to provide some depth when the secondary was weak and injured he did a pretty good job and I think he was better than most of us thought when he practically came off the streets to join the Pats those 2 years.

My thanks to Hawk for providing the secondary with some much needed help during those 2 years and hope for him to have a great post career.

He'll be back. Wait for some injuries. ;)

Just another crappy player we somehow made it through with. It'll be interesting what happens at the second Safety spot next year with Rodney and Sanders both FA after this year.

I wish him well..a great post career....he certainly has the pipes for radio...singing?? If he did..he might be famous...

Just another crappy player we somehow made it through with. It'll be interesting what happens at the second Safety spot next year with Rodney and Sanders both FA after this year.

I liked Artrell and thought that he played very hard for the team -- also, my impression was that he was an intelligent person who, from what I saw on Patriots All Access, integrated well into the locker room.

I was REALLY disappointed to hear about his DUI arrest -- not just that he was drunk, but the classless way he behaved towards the gas station attendant. ("Do you know who I am?" indeed!)

http://www.wikio.com/sports/football/nfl/nfl_players/artrell_hawkins

I hope he's ashamed and learned a lesson. Good luck, Artrell!

Now he can back to resume his duties as the voice of Patriots all access.:cool:

I give Hawkins credit. He looked like a journeyman JAG when the Pats picked him up in mid 2005, but he really helped settle that defense down for the playoff run. Good luck.

He was one of my favorite Pats while he was on the team. The guy was tough and an over achiever. I think my favorite thing about him was the fact that he wrapped up when he tackled, a lost art these days!

Good luck, buddy. Do you want a job at UPS?

Rodney's going to go to Arena Ball and Sanders will give up the game for the professional Ping-Pong circuit - So we better draft well.

Mods: I may be being a little cranky here, but I'd appreciate if someone could change the thread title so that our former player's name is spelled correctly.

Artrell Hawkins ... the player with the radio voice. He's a smart guy with a real deep radio voice ... he'll be making some more $$$.

I heard Artrell retired so he could go on tour with his Barry White cover band.

Thanks Artrell. Saved a lost season so we at least made the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back