PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arrington: Should the Pats move him to Safety in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arrington's future

He is a better tackler than covering a man, I think it would be better for him to move to Safety but will he still be on the roster by final cuts if he gets moved. How long has Page signed for ?

He is a better tackler than covering a man, I think it would be better for him to move to Safety but will he still be on the roster by final cuts if he gets moved. How long has Page signed for ?

That's what I'm thinking. We are deep at safety, if Arrington moves will he make the team?

The Pats seemingly have a depleted secondary EVERY year. I'm sure he will find a spot.

Arrington's future should be the #4th CB on the bench. He's good depth but not ment to be a starter.

If we bring in some other CB who's a roster near-lock, then to a first approximation one of Arrington, Butler, or Wilhite is probably out of a job.

But suppose Sergio Brown is added into the chopping-block mix as well?

I agree that one of Arrington's values to the team is as CB depth. On the other hand, maybe we have Meriweather's eventual replacement -- assuming the team doesn't pay up for his next contract -- on the roster already.

Those of you looking forward to Bodden because of Arrington/Butler's performance last night might want to consider what happens to Bodden when the opposing QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball and when a perfect pass is thrown to a great WR like Holmes.

Bodden does not stop those plays.

Bodden/McCourty/Arrington/Butler/Wilhite

That's enough.

Unless Prince Amakamura falls to the second round, I don't want to see a CB drafted.

This team needs a pass rush in the worst way, and I would love to see them use both 1st round picks on, say, Akeem Ayers and Allen Bailey.

Well Merriweather sucks so I guess he can have his spot.

3rd CB next year, hopefully nothing higher. He'll looks way better when he isn't trying to cover #2s

With Bodden coming back and hopeful progress by Butler, I'd hope we have a solid 1-2-3 at CB of McCourty/Bodden/Butler. Wilhite and Arrington compete for the 4th spot and Arrington could also see reps at safety. Also on ST, he'll definitely have a role here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes