PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are YOU writing off the Dolphins and Bills in the AFC East?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the AFC East a definite two team race between the Jets and Pats?

• Yes - The Bills and Dolphins have NO chance

Votes: 86 74.8%
  • No - Any given week and year surprises happen

Votes: 29 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not writing them off. Any given Sunday anny team can win. But man the Pats are stacked. The rest of the AFCE has their work cut out for them!

While the local press here in Houston agrees with you, I think 11 wins + is a stretch. I can't see the Texans claiming a wildcard spot. That being said, they could challenge the Colts for the AFC South.

BTW, there are rave reviews about Watt and Reed from the Texan training camp (note, the local press tends to to be overly positive about local teams).

For Houston, it's all about testicular fortitude. That's a very soft team. If it can toughen up, it can take out Indianapolis for the division.

I'm not writing them off. Any given Sunday anny team can win. But man the Pats are stacked. The rest of the AFCE has their work cut out for them!

You need to get Hernandez into your photo montage.

I think Miami finishes second and takes a wild card spot from NYJ. I don't see the Jets hype at all, to be lucky three straight years? Yeah right this is football.

Chad Henne & Ralph Wilson.. nuff said.

While NE and NY seem most likely to be #1 and #2 by the end of the year...can we really say Buffalo and Miami have no/little chance?

Yes.

I know I'm going out a little ways on a limb because it was just 3 years ago that a 1-15 Dolphin team went 11-5 to win the division and knock our beloved Patriots out of the playoffs. But that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

All I have heard about is the Pats and Jets ..the Jets and Pats for the AFC East title and all but a few are ruling Miami and Buffalo out before the first snap.

While NE and NY seem most likely to be #1 and #2 by the end of the year...can we really say Buffalo and Miami have no/little chance?

The Bills have a new defensive leader in Barnett and could be tough up front and they looked improved at the end of last season as Fitzgerald was coming along

The Dolphins have a problem at QB in Henne but Marshall could be a force on the outside and Bush might add a bit of solid depth at RB

There are always surprises every NFL season..could the AFC East be one of them??

Is the AFC East truly a 2 team race?

I think the Jets have crested for this cycle. They have lost talent on theDL and OL and at Wr, and even at RB. There is no depth behind Sanchez, and are extremely thin everywhere. Sooner or later injuries will hit them, unlike the past few seasons.

I would not at all be surprised to see them recede to around 8-8. I could also see the Dolphins climbing to around 8-8, if things break well for them.

So it is not a two team race.

it is a ONE TEAM race as the Pats have improved over the past two seasons, from 11-5, to 14-2, to 15-1+? So its a ONE Team race, like the Colts always seem to have in their division.

The only reason I'm a little concerned about Miami is because their new OC is a former Pats assistant and last year was with Cleveland and came up with that solid game plan to beat the Patriots.

Reiss mentioned this a while back:

3. One offseason move that shouldn’t be overlooked from a Patriots perspective is the Dolphins’ hiring of Brian Daboll as offensive coordinator. Daboll is a former Patriots assistant who left the club with Eric Mangini, so he has a background in the system. He hatched the offensive plan last November that helped the Browns thump the Patriots. He could scheme up some fits against the Patriots.

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

As one of our resident blind and drooling homers, I dont see any chance for either the Fins or Bills...None.

I also question what the big tuna is consulting the fins on as of late.

I would assume his guidance is mostly relegated to which jigs to use when tarpon fishing in the keys or handicapping the races at Gulfstream.

The only reason I'm a little concerned about Miami is because their new OC is a former Pats assistant and last year was with Cleveland and came up with that solid game plan to beat the Patriots.

Reiss mentioned this a while back:

So what your saying is he'll help them scheme against our defense from last year?

I predict the Colts win the AFC East.

I'm not so much writing them off as much as I'm just expecting big things from the Pats. If the Bills and/or Dolphins are challenging us for the divisional crown, it means they've had a shocking season of success or we've been a major disappointment.

I can see the Dolphins with a winning record, I just don't see much better than 10-6 at best. I'm sure we all hope for better than 10-6 for the Pats. Again, it's not about having no respect for the Dolphins or Bills, it's about having high expectations for New England.

I don't see the Bills getting to the playoffs ever again.

I don't see the Bills getting to the playoffs ever again.

Has anyone been to been to Buffalo lately. What a dead and depressing area.

Early last century it had a population of almost a million. Now it's less than 300,000.

I can see them eventually moving.

I think the Jets have crested for this cycle. They have lost talent on theDL and OL and at Wr, and even at RB. There is no depth behind Sanchez, and are extremely thin everywhere. Sooner or later injuries will hit them, unlike the past few seasons.

I would not at all be surprised to see them recede to around 8-8. I could also see the Dolphins climbing to around 8-8, if things break well for them.

So it is not a two team race.

it is a ONE TEAM race as the Pats have improved over the past two seasons, from 11-5, to 14-2, to 15-1+? So its a ONE Team race, like the Colts always seem to have in their division.

8-8 You say... Do you mind pointing out the Jets wins & Losses for me please? Thank you for your time.

2011 Schedule
Date Opponent
Sep 11 Dallas
Sep 18 Jacksonville
Sep 25 @Oakland
Oct 2 @Baltimore
Oct 9 @New England
Oct 17 Miami
Oct 23 San Diego
Week 8 BYE
Nov 6 @Buffalo
Nov 13 New England
Nov 17 @Denver
Nov 27 Buffalo
Dec 4 @Washington
Dec 11 Kansas City
Dec 18 @Philadelphia
Dec 24 N.Y. Giants
Jan 1 @Miami

8-8 You say... Do you mind pointing out the Jets wins & Losses for me please? Thank you for your time.

2011 Schedule
Date Opponent
Sep 11 Dallas W
Sep 18 Jacksonville W
Sep 25 @Oakland W
Oct 2 @Baltimore L
Oct 9 @New England L
Oct 17 Miami W
Oct 23 San Diego L
Week 8 BYE
Nov 6 @Buffalo W
Nov 13 New England L
Nov 17 @Denver W
Nov 27 Buffalo W
Dec 4 @Washington W
Dec 11 Kansas City W
Dec 18 @Philadelphia L
Dec 24 N.Y. Giants W
Jan 1 @Miami L

I've super-imposed my 10-6 prediction on that schedule.

Barring injuries or personnel changes, I've written off Buffalo and Miami in the East, Cincinnati and Cleveland in the North, Tennessee in the South and Denver in the West.

I've put Oakland in the "all but written off" pile, pending a look at their secondary in the next couple of exhibition games.

I'm looking at

NE
NYJ
PIT
BAL
IND
TEX
SD
KC

as the 8 teams fighting for 6 spots, and Jacksonville as an unlikely, but potential, dark horse.

that seems to be the prevailing opinion

but i would love to see the browns do something

I know that anything can happen in the nfl but I can't believe 25% of the voters haven't written those teams off. They are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back