PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are YOU writing off the Dolphins and Bills in the AFC East?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the AFC East a definite two team race between the Jets and Pats?

• Yes - The Bills and Dolphins have NO chance

Votes: 86 74.8%
  • No - Any given week and year surprises happen

Votes: 29 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
All I have heard about is the Pats and Jets ..the Jets and Pats for the AFC East title and all but a few are ruling Miami and Buffalo out before the first snap.

While NE and NY seem most likely to be #1 and #2 by the end of the year...can we really say Buffalo and Miami have no/little chance?

The Bills have a new defensive leader in Barnett and could be tough up front and they looked improved at the end of last season as Fitzgerald was coming along

The Dolphins have a problem at QB in Henne but Marshall could be a force on the outside and Bush might add a bit of solid depth at RB

There are always surprises every NFL season..could the AFC East be one of them??

Is the AFC East truly a 2 team race?

Miami yes, Buffalo no... i just want both of them to sweep the jets... :D... But seriously the first game in Miami is going to be tough since Miami is focused on being a better team at home....

It's really hard to take Tony Soprano and Chad Henne seriously, so yes.

I wouldn't say that I am writing them off; every year there are a couple of surprise teams that make the playoffs and a couple more surprise teams that come close. For example, who expected the Chiefs to win the AFCW last year, or the Rams and Bucs to be battling for a playoff spot in week 17?

I'm not completely writing them off, but let's just say I would be very surprised if either one is a playoff contender this year.

It's really hard to take Tony Soprano and Chad Henne seriously, so yes.

tony-soprano.jpg

If he were coach of the Dolphins.....They BETTA get to the Super Bowl ...or else heads will roll!!!

Last edited:
This would be like asking the Bills or Dolphins if they were writing off the Pats in the early 90's.

HELL YEA im writing them off. They are terrible.

Barring injuries or personnel changes, I've written off Buffalo and Miami in the East, Cincinnati and Cleveland in the North, Tennessee in the South and Denver in the West.

I've put Oakland in the "all but written off" pile, pending a look at their secondary in the next couple of exhibition games.

I'm looking at

NE
NYJ
PIT
BAL
IND
TEX
SD
KC

as the 8 teams fighting for 6 spots, and Jacksonville as an unlikely, but potential, dark horse.

Both teams have the 'any given Sunday' ability to upset teams better than themselves - but neither is a serious contender for the AFCE title.

Patriots 14-2
Jets 10-6
Dolphins 6-10
Bills 4-12

Barring injuries or personnel changes, I've written off Buffalo and Miami in the East, Cincinnati and Cleveland in the North, Tennessee in the South and Denver in the West.

I've put Oakland in the "all but written off" pile, pending a look at their secondary in the next couple of exhibition games.

I'm looking at

NE
NYJ
PIT
BAL
IND
TEX
SD
KC

as the 8 teams fighting for 6 spots, and Jacksonville as an unlikely, but potential, dark horse.
Jacksonville has been a strange team to try to figure out the last couple of seasons. They get themselves in position to knock off the Colts and win that division, and then find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the end of the season. You have to wonder about their self confidence until the day comes that they make a coaching change.

The pats should sweep both series against the bills and dolphins.The QB situation is terrible

I'm looking at

NE
NYJ
PIT
BAL
IND
TEX
SD
KC

Cleveland slowly is putting a team together and is my dark horse as a Wild Card team....I saw a good looking young team last season when they kicked our ass - McCoy could be a rising star

The Houston Texans are my surprise team as I think they win 11 or 12 games this season and the South with the Colts no longer the dominant team with an ailing Peyton who will certainly feel that neck problem as time goes on

Last edited:
I cant trust the texans at all.I still have the dolts winning that division.Each year its the same thing,I will believe it when its already doned and they take the division!

No way on gods green earth, that buffalo and miami are in the race for afc east title and playoffs! Not with this QBs.

also though this winning streak against the bills should end soon, the bills have not beaten us since thier QB was Drew Bledsoe....:)

I could see either of them beating the Jets for #2...

I think the Dolphins defense will be #1 in the AFC east and top five in the league. With that being said they are relying on a rookie running back, chad henne, and don't have a tight end. Also, their O-line is untested and it could be awful. The defense will keep them in some games but I don't see them better than 8-8.

The Bills? Meh.

Last edited:
Cleveland slowly is putting a team together and is my dark horse as a Wild Card team....I saw a good looking young team last season when they kicked our ass - McCoy could be a rising star

The Houston Texans are my surprise team as I think they win 11 or 12 games this season and the South with the Colts no longer the dominant team with an ailing Peyton who will certainly feel that neck problem as time goes on

While the local press here in Houston agrees with you, I think 11 wins + is a stretch. I can't see the Texans claiming a wildcard spot. That being said, they could challenge the Colts for the AFC South.

BTW, there are rave reviews about Watt and Reed from the Texan training camp (note, the local press tends to to be overly positive about local teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes