PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we out of the Playoffs if we lose the next two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team could very well be 7-7 they are 10-4 because of who they are. This team is running on Patriot fumes.
Personally if they didn't make the playoffs I'd be fine with it. Give the players a long offseason and lower draft picks. They have been totally decimated by injuries and have a very small chance of winning a SB.
I'm thankfull we have team that competes every week.And every year we have what about 25 other teams don't have at the start of the year.Hope.With this team there really is a next year.

This team could very well be 7-7 they are 10-4 because of who they are. This team is running on Patriot fumes.

They could also be 12-2 because of who they are...if only some damn zebras hadn't screwed up! :mad:

But also makeing sure they aint getting #1 in the draft... Whats most importent ?

I know if i was a owner what i would make sure happend :gossip:

Teddy Bridgewater, who they may target if that happens, hasn't even declared for the draft just yet. If Houston puts everything they have into this game, it's a favorable match-up. They do have to start Schaub, though. I don't see Keenum beating Denver.

Personally if they didn't make the playoffs I'd be fine with it. Give the players a long offseason and lower draft picks. They have been totally decimated by injuries and have a very small chance of winning a SB.
I'm thankfull we have team that competes every week.And every year we have what about 25 other teams don't have at the start of the year.Hope.With this team there really is a next year.

Whether or not they go to the playoffs has zero bearing on next season. Injuries happen. But if you're 10-4 and in a position to go to the dance, you don't quit.

Baltimore isn't out if they win their last two. They win their division. And, if you put the rest of my post in there, I said that it's very unlikely we lost at home.

And, we don't get the 1 seed unless KC and Denver each lose a game if we win out. If Denver loses a game. KC can win the division at 13-3 and top seed.

I'm not so sure the Buffalo game is a lock. It took a last minute kickoff recovery to beat a poor Cleveland team. The Patriots make terrible
quarterbacks look like Peyton Manning. Buffalo nearly beat us in game 1.

The Patriots make terrible
quarterbacks look like Peyton Manning.

A strange comment, considering they held Manning to 50% completion, 4.2 yards per attempt, and a rating of 70. I wish they'd make every QB look like Manning.

I'm not so sure the Buffalo game is a lock. It took a last minute kickoff recovery to beat a poor Cleveland team. The Patriots make terrible
quarterbacks look like Peyton Manning. Buffalo nearly beat us in game 1.

And they made Peyton Manning look like a terrible quarterback.

They could also be 12-2 because of who they are...if only some damn zebras hadn't screwed up! :mad:

The only game they lost legitimately, was vs the bengals.

Vs the jets, patriots kick a field goal to force overtime, the jets push a lineman kick is good, but no flag which would have put the patriots around the 20 yard line with plenty of time to go for a td to win.

Vs the panthers, Gronk bearhugged and pushed out of the endzone, allowing panther defenders to intercept a pass uncontested.

Vs the dolphins, numerous holding of patriot players no flags on the final drive

Its been a really really scrappy season I had the team down for 11-5 at the start i believe and would not be shocked to see us end up 11-5 or 12-4

And they made Peyton Manning look like a terrible quarterback.

They also transformed Jason Campbell into a quarterback with a 116.8 quarterback rating.

A lot of pessimistic people here.

We're gonna rape the Ravens in the butt and then win the Bills.

12-4 it is.

They also transformed Jason Campbell into a quarterback with a 116.8 quarterback rating.

So did the Ravens this year, incidentally.

A lot of pessimistic people here.

We're gonna rape the Ravens in the butt and then win the Bills.

12-4 it is.

What the hell kind of prize would that be? I wouldn't want to win the Bills even if it were a prize for winning a ring throwing contest at a carnival.

If that happened...they would not deserve it. But they will beat Buff.

I think that's more or less what I said in the very next sentence, though I haven't ruled out a W in Baltimore either.

Whether or not they go to the playoffs has zero bearing on next season. Injuries happen. But if you're 10-4 and in a position to go to the dance, you don't quit.

I think the 9--7, 2011 Giants would agree with you...They went to the dance and came home with the prettiest girl.

A strange comment, considering they held Manning to 50% completion, 4.2 yards per attempt, and a rating of 70. I wish they'd make every QB look like Manning.

i think his point was that they made Peyton look bad/mediocre in contrast to making bad qb's look good.

Week 17 could be a extra playoff game...at least it's at home

Thinking about it...right now this team sucks bad and i don't care what seed as long as they have 1 home playoff game...i just don't want to go out in the first round this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes