PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparantly the Officiating was bad in last nights game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Softboiled logs on to bash the Patriots again...are you Steve From Fall River or just a flat out Rats troll? You want a missed call, try this one ,Humpty Dumpty....

e9fc01bc9c1eb1a9ef13c3638bae44c3-getty-98787416cc084_new_york_jets.jpg

LOL send that to the Jest site......wow.....I think the key is that there are some games where the calls are so blatantly missed....which is the norm for the pats (review that play where Eli Manning is in the grasp of three pats defenders...while our defenders are being HELD by three OL in sb in 2007...if you can stomach watching it) There are plenty of calls that are missed in our games that should have been AGAINST the Pats that I see.....and say "wow that was a hold there....they got lucky on that one etc.......I thought the game overall was pretty well officiated on Monday. Like the Jest poster said....lack of penalty calls didn;t account for the embarrassing beatdown that they took.....

Was it just me, or did it seem like Wiflork was out to kill himself a jet?

Thought he was a player possessed, nicely put..

Had this been a close game I would have been upset about the referees. They did clearly miss things. Of course I'll mainly see ref issues on the Pats side, but ...

I did notice the drop that was not called a fumble (and really should have been) as well as the bad OPI call where Branch got run over by 2 of the jets and then somehow came away with an OPI flag while on the ground. The facemask I failed to notice in the game but when I looked through the pictures afterward I did wonder about that as well.

I also missed the helmet to helmet on Sanchez but since he clearly was injured on the sideline I'm guessing that probably did happen if they say it did. I would expect a fine if it did.

As far as a slow TD call, I've seen that quite often this year and I think nothing of that anymore. Sometimes they just like to check with every ref before they make the call, nothing wrong with that. It only took a few seconds. Better they be sure and not force a coach to have to challenge it. It is harder to reverse a call so its better for everyone that it be right the first time. In the end it was the right call so I'm not exactly sure what the jets fan's issue was; there was no bad call here.

None of this made any difference to the outcome of that game, but had it been closer, these calls would have drawn complaints.

Last edited:
Cromart grabbing branch's pants on what should of been PI, Branch woulda had the touchdown. Luckily pats scored that drive anyways. The one where branch was pushed into Reavis', do the refs just say tough luck or is there actually a rule where if you're pushed into the guy it doesn't count?

Doesn't sound too different from posts here after a loss. I thought MS did get hit in the helmet by a helmet. And two refs taking so long on a call was not a great moment in refereeing.

Those are all close calls but the fans are coming up with junk.

First, Sanchez was spinning and being taken down. The head hit was not intentional, but could have been called because intentions don't matter. If the refs had seen it. You could barely see it at all. Only in slow motion.

Brady throwing the ball clear across field could not have been called grounding. First of all, he was not being pressured. Second, how do the refs know there is no route there on the other side? They'll only call it when you dump it on your side where the QB can see there is absolutely no one there.

The pick wasn't illegal at all on Branch's TD. It's only a pick when you knock off the DB covering the receiver. On that play, the DB who had Branch wasn't touched at all. It was a legal block.

The block in the back call on the punt return was 50/50.

The TD was discussed because they were probably going over whether the hand or wrist touched down. Maybe one ref saw one thing while the other ref saw another. I think that's excellent refereeing. If you can't wait 15 seconds for a call, then it's time to take up crochet.

The only real bad call was the miss on the hold on Keller. One bad call. and it was simply something the refs missed. big deal.

The only questionable call

honestly if anything i thought the officiating hurt us.

- the strip of sanchez where they whistled the play dead right before we stripped
- there was some other thing i thought that messed up that caused us not to get a turnover... cant remember what

Agreed. How about the BS PI call on Branch where he was shoved hard by one Jets player into another and they called BRANCH for the foul. I did think the conference on the Tate TD was a little ridiculous. Couldn't understand why the Jets didn't challenge that one (although they had already lost one dumb challenge).

The refs always mess up one or two calls for both teams. Because you are focused on your own team, those are the ones you see and/or remember.

Cromart grabbing branch's pants on what should of been PI, Branch woulda had the touchdown. Luckily pats scored that drive anyways. The one where branch was pushed into Reavis', do the refs just say tough luck or is there actually a rule where if you're pushed into the guy it doesn't count?

No it shouldn't have. If that had been called against us while playing the Colts, we'd all be crying about how Polian screwed us over. Cromartie didn't actually grab his pants. He grabbed, for a split second, the belt on Branch's hand warmer. It wasn't anything that considerably slowed Branch up. Not enough to warrant a PI.

Want a REALLY bad call that changed a game?

Patriots V Colts

4th & 2.

I think everyone here remembers that one. I know I do.
This 10char

I didn't like that call on branch, wasnt his fault to me.

Agreed. How about the BS PI call on Branch where he was shoved hard by one Jets player into another and they called BRANCH for the foul.

This and the fact it was within 5 yards of the LOS. The refs missed calls on both sides, but you don't see the winning team starting threads about it

Sanchez also grabbed Cunningham's facemask when avoiding a sack but that wasn't called (I don't know if offensive players are ever called for that, though).

McCourty was also aggressively facemasked on his INT.

Go back and look at past threads on both theganggreen.com and jetsinsider.com and you will see that they were complaining how the Pats were getting all the favorable calls in Monday's night game. The thing is these threads were started a week before the game was even played. That is how pathetic the Jets fans are on this that they will complain about the refs screwing them and costing them the game before the game is even played.

Before one of our three punts, Welker made a catch over the middle and pretty clearly kept moving after contact (back-first, no knee down) and crossed the yellow line for a first down. Even the announcers said "first down".

Then they spotted it a yard short and we punted.

Yeah, I noticed since we punted three times and settled for a FG once. A 70-3 win was within our grasp!

ooops.. I just saw that Kontradiction already mentioned this one.

Last edited:
BTW, there were as many bad calls or non-calls on the Pats as the Jets. The one no one is talking about that I saw is that Braylon Edwards grabbed McCourty's facemask to tackle him on the INT. Should have been a 15 yard penalty. Go to the 44 second mark of this clip.

NFL Videos: Patriots defense, INT

Well, they did screw up the TD call didn't they? One foot hit, then his hand, then his forearm was OUT of bounds (I think) before his other foot hit. Isn't that a non touchdown?

That was a big one, I'd blame Rex for not challenging after wasting a challenge on the spot of the Sanchize sneak.

Overall a decent enough, not superlative, job by the officials. They tended to err on the side of not calling penalties, which was nice. Let them play. It was a pretty clean game overall.

Surprising the OP at Jests Forum didn't mention the non-call of Sanchize facemasking. You could go through tape and find non-calls all day, that's just silly unless it is egregious.

You can almost guarantee that if a board is lighting up with complaints about officiating, their team just lost.

Well, they did screw up the TD call didn't they? One foot hit, then his hand, then his forearm was OUT of bounds (I think) before his other foot hit. Isn't that a non touchdown?

That was a big one, I'd blame Rex for not challenging after wasting a challenge on the spot of the Sanchize sneak.

Overall a decent enough, not superlative, job by the officials. They tended to err on the side of not calling penalties, which was nice. Let them play. It was a pretty clean game overall.

Surprising the OP at Jests Forum didn't mention the non-call of Sanchize facemasking. You could go through tape and find non-calls all day, that's just silly unless it is egregious.

You can almost guarantee that if a board is lighting up with complaints about officiating, their team just lost.

The Tate TD was legit. Tate's wrist hit the ground before he went out of bounds.

Tirico had explained that his forearm hit inbounds prior to his hand going to the ground so therefore it would've likely stood as a TD.

He got a foot, knee and his wrist/forearm down in bounds. That's a TD.

ImgDyn.cfm

Umpteen pages of officiating bias on that Jets forum. What a bunch of babies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back